How To End A Relationship? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-24-2009, 07:46 PM   #16
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How To End A Relationship?

You can also add on a note that girls like to hear, you're both still young and deserve to see the world and try different things, and if the destiny wants it, you'll end up being together in the future.

Don't forget to alarm your buddies there's a spare new hole on the market looking for consolation.

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2009, 08:21 PM   #17
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infini. View Post
Brutal honesty.

It hurts, but it gets the job done without any lies and twists, I guess.

Though I'm not speaking from experience so I'm probably the last one who should give advice. But since it's you Jase I thought I'd give it a try.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
man the fuck up and tell her straight up.
This is the right solution, but likely to get you a nice slap.

Oh and the OP never said the other person was a girl.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:28 PM   #18
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Jose :retard:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:32 PM   #19
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

What Jase? What was retarded about my post? That was supposed to be my serious post. Here's the retarded one:

Print these and stick them on her bathroom mirror.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Old 09-24-2009, 08:33 PM   #20
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Never mind. Thanks for the pictures.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:37 PM   #21
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
Never mind. Thanks for the pictures.
Leave the sarcasm out, take the serious piece of advice: tell her straight up. I've been in your position (having to leave somebody) and hers (being left by somebody), and in both cases and for both persons being blunt is the best (albeit not easiest) way to go.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:40 PM   #22
country flag Certinfy

It wasn't sarcasm, i like those pics.

Ok thanks then
Old 09-24-2009, 08:41 PM   #23
country flag Jōris

Jōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond repute

Just tell her the truth, that you're not ready to commit to one person.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:32 PM   #24
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Clydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
I'm with a girl that i like, and she kinda likes me aswell. But the thing is someone else has come in the picture, and i love that person more than i love my current gf, and i know they love me more aswell.

So anyway, what's the best way to end my relationship with my gf?
You should lie, to put it simply. Just let her down gently. The last thing someone wants to hear is that they are being dumped for someone else. No one likes being made to feel inferior. Think of a way to end it without bruising her ego.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:37 PM   #25
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Clydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond repute

I don't understand why anybody thinks that being honest is the best way to go. Who exactly does that benefit?
Old 09-24-2009, 09:48 PM   #26
country flag Jōris

Jōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydey View Post
I don't understand why anybody thinks that being honest is the best way to go. Who exactly does that benefit?
She'll find out anyway.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:51 PM   #27
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arend View Post
She'll find out anyway.
Not necessarily. Depends on the circumstances. If you plan on banging your new chick in plain view of your old flame, you might as well be honest. If you have a shot at keeping it quiet, spare her ego.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:57 PM   #28
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm sure a few people will advise you to be honest. But in the same situation, they wouldn't take their own advice.

You should lie, to put it simply. Just let her down gently. The last thing someone wants to hear is that they are being dumped for someone else. No one likes being made to feel inferior. Think of a way to end it without bruising her ego.
I can handle ego bruising quite easily. That's why I always follow the safe, easy path of brutal honesty without feeling under direct attack.

Plus, I could never tell a lie convincingly, or hide the truth.
Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 09:59 PM   #29
country flag Jōris

Quote:
Not necessarily. Depends on the circumstances. If you plan on banging your new chick in plain view of your old flame, you might as well be honest. If you have a shot at keeping it quiet, spare her ego.
They probably have mutual friends who will talk, especially when it stirs some drama. Ex-girlfriends are crazy, someone will snitch on him, drama ensured.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:02 PM   #30
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getta View Post
I can handle ego bruising quite easily. That's why I always follow the safe, easy path of brutal honesty without feeling under direct attack.

Plus, I could never tell a lie convincingly, or hide the truth.
Most people don't take rejection as well as you do. I don't see how honesty benefits anyone. I think it's safer to spare someone's ego/feelings, unless you have no other option.