why is there no consistency regarding "Banned Users" thread? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 08:24 AM   #1
country flag habibko

habibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond repute
Default why is there no consistency regarding "Banned Users" thread?

there are many users who have been banned for long times and haven't been added to the thread (e.g. groundstroke, LinkMage, Kuhne among others) and many others who have been perma-banned and haven't been added to the perma-banned users (e.g. kingfederer, modern tennis etc), I don't think it's fair and transparent that some posters' banning reasons are exposed and known to all and some are left unmentioned, either mention them all or don't keep a "banned users" thread, or am I wrong?
habibko is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2009, 11:24 AM   #2
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Carlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: why is there no consistency regarding "Banned Users" thread?

No you're not wrong. Especially those "well known" to the forum should be on that list. Don't know why they are not there, but they can always be added. (I'll see who I can find and add them)

If someone gets banned through infraction I dont see the need coz they will be back within 5-10 days anyway. But the longer periods could be on the list.

It's not a matter of consistency I think. Sometimes it just gets forgotten. To forget things is only human and, mods are human

Also if you miss anyone in particular a pm to one of the supermods/admins is a quick way to get an answer as well.
Carlita is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-24-2009, 11:53 AM   #3
Ivanatis

Ivanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Carlita*~ View Post
mods are human
Ivanatis is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-24-2009, 11:55 AM   #4
country flag habibko

habibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No you're not wrong. Especially those "well known" to the forum should be on that list. Don't know why they are not there, but they can always be added. (I'll see who I can find and add them)

If someone gets banned through infraction I dont see the need coz they will be back within 5-10 days anyway. But the longer periods could be on the list.

It's not a matter of consistency I think. Sometimes it just gets forgotten. To forget things is only human and, mods are human

Also if you miss anyone in particular a pm to one of the supermods/admins is a quick way to get an answer as well.
oh ok then, thanks Carlita! I just thought there is a system or some sort of automatically generated banned users list available to admins and mods so that forgetting some posters shouldn't be a problem, just to be fair to all, but it seems it's more complicated than that

thanks again
Old 09-24-2009, 01:11 PM   #5
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Carlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by habibko View Post
oh ok then, thanks Carlita! I just thought there is a system or some sort of automatically generated banned users list available to admins and mods so that forgetting some posters shouldn't be a problem, just to be fair to all, but it seems it's more complicated than that

thanks again
well the temporary banned users we can see at a glance. The list of permanently banned users has become endless over the years so unless we know who we're looking for it would take hours to see who got banned when.

Then we have our own list in our own forum. I just checked the last few pages for the most recent "cases" and put those in the thread.

Basically it's: ban, post in admin who/why/how long and then, if it's a well known poster update the thread. Of course there can be many factors why one of those steps is "forgotten".
Old 09-24-2009, 01:54 PM   #6
country flag habibko

Quote:
well the temporary banned users we can see at a glance. The list of permanently banned users has become endless over the years so unless we know who we're looking for it would take hours to see who got banned when.

Then we have our own list in our own forum. I just checked the last few pages for the most recent "cases" and put those in the thread.

Basically it's: ban, post in admin who/why/how long and then, if it's a well known poster update the thread. Of course there can be many factors why one of those steps is "forgotten".
I see, now it's much more clear, thank you

just checked the thread, I thought Dylan was banned permanently and groundstroke wasn't, and it's actually the other way around

Kuhne is still missing though
Old 09-24-2009, 02:27 PM   #7
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Kuhne is not banned (anymore)
Old 09-25-2009, 12:42 AM   #8
country flag habibko

Quote:
Kuhne is not banned (anymore)

Last edited by Carlita : 09-25-2009 at 11:33 AM.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:41 AM   #9
country flag jonathancrane

jonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond repute

Right now its.like.that, Bolar Bolabi, Gamblore and Glennmirnyi are banned
Could some mod/admin update the thread?
jonathancrane is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-12-2009, 09:55 AM   #10
country flag habibko

Glenn is banned?
Old 11-12-2009, 10:02 AM   #11
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

Let's bump the thread to unban Gu!

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-12-2009, 11:01 AM   #12
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

chowdahead25 is also banned.

Gu :|
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-12-2009, 12:10 PM   #13
country flag Zirconek
Tęnis Mambembe

Zirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond repute

Banned users INFO thread updated.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:14 PM   #14
country flag jonathancrane

jonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
jonathancrane is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-12-2009, 01:51 PM   #15
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

It seems that wishing death and/or injury on players is the bannable offense du jour.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread