Davis Cup 2010: Vamos Franciaaaaaa... - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-08-2010, 12:19 AM   #166
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Davis Cup 2010: France against Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keijan View Post
Stop rolling your eyes at France, I feel like you're rolling your eyes at me What is MM tourneys by the way, I don't know this name ?

Even if we had good grasscourts, indoors would still be the most logical choice to me : remember Jo winning Bercy, Gaël making semis, Gilles' great run in Madrid, Richard is doing well on it too... and Rafa still won Wimbledon ! If Rafa wasn't there it would be a bit different, since Ferrer is great indoors, but we know Rafa will always play DC if he's fit as he's as crazy about it as Jo. I'm less sure about Verdasco, he missed a few of the ties and he's won the cup once already, so the novelty attract isn't there.

Anyway I think they will prefer to play on a surface where they're strong and the others are too than on one where nobody can play well (except Richard and Rafa plus if you don't want Richard to play DC, better not to choose grass !)

There is another problem : can they play indoors in the middle of July ? It will be so damn hot.

Anyway let's not sell the bear's skin before having killed it, it's not yet done for Spain, Wawrinka seems to be on fire.
Jo and Mika are pretty comfortable on grass as well, no?

And after Nadal, Spain's 2nd best player on grass would probably be... Lopez?

ETA: They should definitely rule out Roland Garros. Even if they change the surface, Nadal's record at that place...
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2010, 02:23 PM   #167
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Davis Cup 2010: Vamos Franciaaaaaa...

http://www.canalplus.fr/c-humour/pid...discrete.html?

It's a French comedy show taking the piss because they all live in Switzerland. The guys of the show act first as if they were Swiss journalists and ask them on the press conference why they didn't prefer to play at home and this kind of questions, it's pretty funny because the players don't understand it's for a show - and then the 2nd part is more obvious, they shout "Allez la Suisse!" each time they spot a player, etc.
(Llodra doesn't live in Switzerland anymore, but he used to. And all the others, including Forget, do.)

Some of the things they shout during the match:
Deux sets zéro
Et net d'impôt!

Allez allez Monfils on est là!
Allez t'es un vrai Suisse, mon gars!

Last edited by Truc : 03-14-2010 at 08:57 PM.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:19 PM   #168
country flag krn81

krn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for this video, Marion did you mention them? It looks the players did in the stadium.

They also said, there is lot of French to support the swiss, dis donc
krn81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:26 PM   #169
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't know this show of canal.

Well, it's a good idea and the beginning is really funny, especially the faces of the players lol
But it's a bit long and more and more "lourdeau" ! There are some limits I think, it seems they made too much noise during the matchs (I don't know, I didn't see the match).

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:28 PM   #170
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Can I ask cos I'm interested. How much of the year do they have to spend in Switzerland and is it because of tax (I dont' really get it). Is tax particularly high in France or is it for some other reason?
Old 03-14-2010, 04:32 PM   #171
country flag Keijan

Keijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond repute

It's because the taxes are ridiculous in Switzerland (well, at least in most regions). They're pretty "normal" in France, I mean there are worse countries I think. But I don't blame them for not wanting to pay thousands of euros each year, if they can afford to move, they should. I personnally couldn't care less if they're based in Paris or Neuchatel. Plus they all have somewhere to live in France -I think Richard and Gaël have a flat in Paris, Gilles is with his girlfriend, and Jo at his parents in Le Mans, he probably has somewhere to go in Paris too.

I don't think they have to spend a given period there, they only need to have their principal address there, no ?

Yeah, I forgot to mention it, there were three or four "Swiss" people with a Swiss flag the friday, they were screaming 'Allez la Suisse !' I didn't know about this show they were making, we all thought they were Federer fanboys or something. It was funny at first, but it got pretty annoying quickly. Canal + est assez "lourd" et pas très malin d'une manière générale

Last edited by Keijan : 03-14-2010 at 04:38 PM.
Keijan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:34 PM   #172
country flag Bashak

Bashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond repute

this is wonderful! thank you Truc.
Are they doing exaggerated fake swiss accents too? I am not very good at detecting these things. Seriously, big props to the security guys for handling these crazy folks. I would like to post this in jo's thread if you don't mind, or you could do it.

Suicide Tennis Winner: Doha 2010, Basel 2009 FITD Winner: Auckland 2012, Nice 2010, London WTF 2009, Tokyo 2009, Roland Garros 2009, Paris 2008, Basel 2008 TT Finalist: Nottingham 2009, Savannah 2009, Marrakech 2011. TT Doubles Winner: Sarasota 2011 (w/ coasterman9 TT Doubles Finalist: Bergamo 2011 (w/ leoneo), Fergana 2009 (w/ catatonia) DTT Doubles Winner: Miami 2011 (w/Abollo)
Bashak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:08 PM   #173
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Sure, post it whereever you want, it's not mine!
They exaggerate the Swiss accent a lot when they play the supporters.
Did you understand everything? They speak slowly, but it's not easy to understand. There also are some terrible puns, like "il a vraiment l'emmental d'un champion". But I found the whole thing funny too.
It is extremely unpopular in France they all move to Switzerland for tax reasons as soon as they start making more money, taxes are not higher in France than in the other countries. I find that disgraceful too.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:27 PM   #174
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
"il a vraiment l'emmental d'un champion"
I didn't hear that

Quote:
It is extremely unpopular in France they all move to Switzerland for tax reasons as soon as they start making more money
I remember Pioline (entre autres), interviewed in l'Equipe a few months before moving to switzerland, he had said he was never going to leave france for taxes, he was very parisien blablabla... I was disguted when I learnt he finally had changed of mind !
In genera, the players say -at the beginning of their career- they won't leave france for bad reasons....pffff they all move.

Mika Llodra moved back to paris 2 years ago because it seems the taxes system has changed I think (at least, he said it). Not sure, cos the others stay in geneve. lol

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:30 PM   #175
country flag Bashak

Bashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sure, post it whereever you want, it's not mine!
They exaggerate the Swiss accent a lot when they play the supporters.
Did you understand everything? They speak slowly, but it's not easy to understand. There also are some terrible puns, like "il a vraiment l'emmental d'un champion". But I found the whole thing funny too.
It is extremely unpopular in France they all move to Switzerland for tax reasons as soon as they start making more money, taxes are not higher in France than in the other countries. I find that disgraceful too.
I got the general theme but I didn't get the puns of course. I'd say I understood about 60%. The players' faces are priceless. I think they move to Switzerland because the cantons there have specific tax systems and foreigners can get really good deals if they follow certain rules. The system is all very strange in Switzerland, they apply to specific Cantons for residency; not to the country as a whole. Similar system for citizenship. I don't know why they get so much trouble, hell I'd move to Switzerland if I could.
on a side note, Mathieu is broken in the second : pout:

Suicide Tennis Winner: Doha 2010, Basel 2009 FITD Winner: Auckland 2012, Nice 2010, London WTF 2009, Tokyo 2009, Roland Garros 2009, Paris 2008, Basel 2008 TT Finalist: Nottingham 2009, Savannah 2009, Marrakech 2011. TT Doubles Winner: Sarasota 2011 (w/ coasterman9 TT Doubles Finalist: Bergamo 2011 (w/ leoneo), Fergana 2009 (w/ catatonia) DTT Doubles Winner: Miami 2011 (w/Abollo)
Old 03-14-2010, 11:44 PM   #176
country flag Bashak

hmm, on a second thought: I would rather move to some coastal mediterranean french town and attend afternoon wine tastings in bikini tops than freeze my tail off in switzerlandmountains.

Old 03-15-2010, 12:21 AM   #177
country flag icecastle

icecastle has a reputation beyond reputeicecastle has a reputation beyond reputeicecastle has a reputation beyond reputeicecastle has a reputation beyond reputeicecastle has a reputation beyond reputeicecastle has a reputation beyond reputeicecastle has a reputation beyond reputeicecastle has a reputation beyond reputeicecastle has a reputation beyond reputeicecastle has a reputation beyond reputeicecastle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

It's a French comedy show taking the piss because they all live in Switzerland. The guys of the show act first as if they were Swiss journalists and ask them on the press conference why they didn't prefer to play at home and this kind of questions, it's pretty funny because the players don't understand it's for a show - and then the 2nd part is more obvious, they shout "Allez la Suisse!" each time they spot a player, etc.
(Llodra doesn't live in Switzerland anymore, but he used to. And all the others, including Forget, do.)

Deux sets zéro
Et net d'impôt!

Thanks for posting this.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
icecastle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:55 AM   #178
country flag DanaKz

DanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Deux sets zéro
Et net d'impôt!

Thank you! that's so funny
Old 03-30-2010, 08:06 AM   #179
country flag Truc

They will choose the venue on Thursday evening.
The candidates: Clermont-Ferrand, Strasbourg, Nancy, Grenoble, Pau, Montbéliard and Lyon. The favourites so far are Clermont, Lyon, Nancy and Strasbourg.
+ Bercy, but the venue would be available pretty late because there's something planned the week before and it's expensive.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:44 AM   #180
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They will choose the venue on Thursday evening.
The candidates: Clermont-Ferrand, Strasbourg, Nancy, Grenoble, Pau, Montbéliard and Lyon. The favourites so far are Clermont, Lyon, Nancy and Strasbourg.
Strassbourg, please! I will be there this weekend. I would overcome my DC-phobia for that.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote