The comeback trail (fingers crossed). 2009/2010 - Honolulu Ch. post #41 - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-29-2009, 04:43 PM   #16
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The comeback trail (fingers crossed). 2009/2010

He got five points, but the ATP enters points for Futures on the second Monday after the tournament, not the first. He will get his points and go on the Rankings next week. That's probably some agreement that they have with the ITF to verify all of the results or something.

Pretty sure his wildcard for Sacto is for the main draw, he didn't seem to be in any hurry to get up there by Friday for qualies.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2009, 10:27 PM   #17
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Jan-Michael got a doubles wildcard for Laguna Niguel, so he ended up going down there anyway. He should be playing right about now if they are on schedule (which I doubt). If he wins today, I might head down there tomorrow for his next match.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Old 10-04-2009, 12:10 PM   #18
country flag DartMarcus

DartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond repute

Jan Mike to face Ryan Sweeting in Sacramento CH R1!
Tough draw! We will see if he can play with top american challenger players!
Good luck!

Brian Baker - Steve Johnson - Lleyton Hewitt - Robby Ginepri - Carlos Berlocq - Tommy Haas - Ivo Karlovic - Richard Gasquet - Kevin Anderson - David Ferrer - Michael Russell - Fabio Fognini - Michael Llodra - Oliver Rochus - Dustin Brown - Somdev Devvarman
DartMarcus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:25 PM   #19
country flag Fee

Article in the Sacramento paper (I knew Paul would write about him)

Comeback 'kids' play in Natomas tennis tourney
pbauman@sacbee.com
Published Monday, Oct. 05, 2009

They're a combined 67 years old with 512 singles match victories at the top level of professional tennis and $8.6 million in prize money.

Both have cracked the top 20 in the world and reached the singles quarterfinals in a Grand Slam tournament.

Both have beaten Andre Agassi twice, Pete Sampras once and Roger Federer once.

And both are trying to bounce back from injuries and return to the elite ATP World Tour.

Americans Vince Spadea, 35, and Jan-Michael Gambill, 32, will play singles and team in doubles in this week's Natomas/USTA $50,000 Men's Professional Tournament at the Natomas Racquet Club.

Spadea, the second-oldest singles player in men's pro tennis behind 36-year-old Frenchman Fabrice Santoro, has been plagued by shin splints, foot tissue inflammation, bursitis in his right (playing) forearm and back problems. Ranked a career-high No. 18 in the world in 2005, he has tumbled to No. 191.

"This is my third comeback," said the philosophical Spadea, who will face Ukrainian-born American Alex Kuznetsov in the first round about 7 tonight. "It's sort of fun to challenge yourself all the time.

"I think life is about waking up in the morning and looking forward to an aspiration, an ambition that you set out for yourself. I think we're happiest when we're working toward that goal."

Gambill, meanwhile, has missed most of the past four years with severe tendinitis in both shins and his right (playing) arm. He is unranked after reaching No. 14 in 2001.

"My goal is to have a good time on the court, to have fun with my tennis," said Gambill, who will open against seventh-seeded Ryan Sweeting of Fort Lauderdale, Fla., on Tuesday. "Being injured for four years, basically, has been a drag. It's been very hard on me mentally and (physically)."

Spadea isn't sure how long he'll continue playing.

"When it's time to move on, I'll know it," he said. "I still have a zest for competing."

Gambill, who uses two hands on both sides and is named after actor Jan-Michael Vincent, hopes to play for three more years.

"I'll be happy if I'm able to end on my terms, not my body breaking down," he said.

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/story/2230802.html

Old 10-06-2009, 03:16 PM   #20
country flag DartMarcus

DartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond repute

In Doubles R1 Jan Mike and Vince will take on Odesnik and Witten!
Good luck to them!
Have you got any new vids of Jan Mike playing, Fee?

Brian Baker - Steve Johnson - Lleyton Hewitt - Robby Ginepri - Carlos Berlocq - Tommy Haas - Ivo Karlovic - Richard Gasquet - Kevin Anderson - David Ferrer - Michael Russell - Fabio Fognini - Michael Llodra - Oliver Rochus - Dustin Brown - Somdev Devvarman
Old 10-06-2009, 03:19 PM   #21
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond repute

good luck to him, he deserves a bit of luck and a nice run injury free.

Quote:
You don't show much these days, I get so fucking cold. He moves like the sunset, god who painted that
Follow me on twitter I talk loads of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:51 AM   #22
country flag Fee

JanMike defeated Ryan Sweeting 4-6, 6-4, 6-4.

This was a good win for him. I am quite pleased.

Old 10-07-2009, 05:19 AM   #23
country flag Chip_s_m

Chip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond repute

Great win! Keep it up.
Chip_s_m is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:48 AM   #24
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond repute

nice win, hope he can back it up!

Quote:
You don't show much these days, I get so fucking cold. He moves like the sunset, god who painted that
Follow me on twitter I talk loads of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:31 PM   #25
country flag DartMarcus

That`s brilliant! Have anybody seen the match?

Old 10-08-2009, 05:07 AM   #26
country flag DartMarcus

In Doubles Odesnik and Witten withdrew, so Jan Mike and Vince played Bakalov and Stebe and won 6-1 6-4!
Jan Mike plays Witten in singles and Levine\Sweeting in doubles next

Old 10-11-2009, 05:16 AM   #27
country flag DartMarcus

Unfortunately JMG lost really close matches both in singles and doubles! But giving a fight to Witten is a good sign! Witten reached R3 at USO, taking a set from Djokovic and now reached semis beating top seed Kendrick!
Next week, Jan Mike is playing Royal Bank Of Scotland CH due to WC!
R1 vs Go Soeda (JPN)

Old 10-11-2009, 06:11 AM   #28
country flag Fee

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I had to be in Sacramento on Friday, so I saw JMG. His doubles match was delayed a bit by all the long matches. He told me that he played pretty well in the Witten match, he just didn't serve very well and kept getting broken at the wrong times. He didn't think he was going to get the Tiburon wildcard, but he got a call from the TD late Thursday (I think he said) and he accepted it. Calabasas is up in the air right now, so he'll just focus on Tiburon. He probably will not play doubles this week.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:24 PM   #29
country flag Fee

Jan-Michael is playing an exo event (or a 'prize money event') in Vegas this week with Witten, Wilson, Yani, and a few others. The website is http://www.elitetennisseries.com/index.php but there isn't much info there. He's fighting a cold so I'm not sure how well he will play here. He's probably on court right about now, I'll try to get results later today.

Old 10-27-2009, 08:15 PM   #30
country flag superseles

superseles is on a distinguished road

thanks fee ,hope jan stays injury free
superseles is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote