Post all your videos of you playing - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-28-2009, 03:43 PM   #16
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post all your videos of you playing

Come on! Bring more of your videos, I want to see MTF's actually tennis playing members, especially those that are "all talk" on this forum who just talk trash about all pros, you know who you are
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2009, 07:42 PM   #17
country flag SetTheory

SetTheory has a reputation beyond reputeSetTheory has a reputation beyond reputeSetTheory has a reputation beyond reputeSetTheory has a reputation beyond reputeSetTheory has a reputation beyond reputeSetTheory has a reputation beyond reputeSetTheory has a reputation beyond reputeSetTheory has a reputation beyond reputeSetTheory has a reputation beyond reputeSetTheory has a reputation beyond reputeSetTheory has a reputation beyond repute

Also, I hear the sound of a church bell tolling in the distance.

Disappointing MTF, where are all the players?.
SetTheory is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:43 PM   #18
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SetTheory View Post

Also, I hear the sound of a church bell tolling in the distance.

Disappointing MTF, where are all the players?.
They can't afford video cameras, that explains it, but wait...how can they afford to be online 24/7 then...?
Old 10-01-2009, 02:30 PM   #19
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

I have never taken a video of myself playing> I may do that soon

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 06:38 PM   #20
country flag HKz
Hakeem

Quote:
Originally Posted by out_here_grindin View Post
I have never taken a video of myself playing> I may do that soon
It really helps with your game. I remember long ago when I thought I had decent footwork (this was back when I was actually in tip top shape haha) and I saw how flat footed I was most of the time. All my coaches used to video tape us and do analysis at the end of the day.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:07 PM   #21
country flag SetTheory

SetTheory has a reputation beyond reputeSetTheory has a reputation beyond reputeSetTheory has a reputation beyond reputeSetTheory has a reputation beyond reputeSetTheory has a reputation beyond reputeSetTheory has a reputation beyond reputeSetTheory has a reputation beyond reputeSetTheory has a reputation beyond reputeSetTheory has a reputation beyond reputeSetTheory has a reputation beyond reputeSetTheory has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
It really helps with your game. I remember long ago when I thought I had decent footwork (this was back when I was actually in tip top shape haha) and I saw how flat footed I was most of the time. All my coaches used to video tape us and do analysis at the end of the day.
+1. Even when someone tells you that your are not doing something quite right it doesn't sink in as much as when you see it for yourself. The way something feels to do can often be very different from an objective viewpoint when you don't have lots of muscle movements to coordinate (your brain is working too hard to take note of the all the details.)

I've learned more about my serve from videoing it than anything else (partly with others comments of course but mainly just by recognising it isn't there yet.) I'll move on to videoing groundstrokes and games when I have my serve down (at least in some reasonable shape anyway.)
SetTheory is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:23 PM   #22
country flag HKz
Hakeem

Quote:
Originally Posted by SetTheory View Post
+1. Even when someone tells you that your are not doing something quite right it doesn't sink in as much as when you see it for yourself. The way something feels to do can often be very different from an objective viewpoint when you don't have lots of muscle movements to coordinate (your brain is working too hard to take note of the all the details.)

I've learned more about my serve from videoing it than anything else (partly with others comments of course but mainly just by recognising it isn't there yet.) I'll move on to videoing groundstrokes and games when I have my serve down (at least in some reasonable shape anyway.)
Hey we can't help it, we're humans, we're brash, ignorant, naive and stubborn.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:56 PM   #23
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute

I've only got old videos of me playing, I'll upload a new one over the weekend or next week
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
-Just to add a side note, I hadn't played tennis before these two sessions for about a couple months because the university I enrolled in dropped their NCAA D-1 PAC-10 tennis that same semester I entered last year but surprisingly I got like 90% of my balls still in play. My hitting partner however was horrendous hence why I cut the video up. I beat him 6-0, 6-0 both times we played... So excuse my bad footwork and my laziness to run and reach down low.
Holy crap, this was like watching me play

We have similar games - poor footwork, strong forehand, single handed backhand etc...It seems that like me, you struggle to get your feet in good position if someone hits a nothing ball down the middle of the court. But if they hit a strong shot out wide, you hit better on the run. It's exactly like me.

Seems like you've got a decent game, you need to find a new hitting partner though
adee-gee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 02:19 AM   #24
country flag HKz
Hakeem

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee-gee View Post
I've only got old videos of me playing, I'll upload a new one over the weekend or next week

Holy crap, this was like watching me play

We have similar games - poor footwork, strong forehand, single handed backhand etc...It seems that like me, you struggle to get your feet in good position if someone hits a nothing ball down the middle of the court. But if they hit a strong shot out wide, you hit better on the run. It's exactly like me.

Seems like you've got a decent game, you need to find a new hitting partner though
Footwork used to be my strength when I was ranked in the US but after my senior year in high school, I became a Nalbandian and gained 30 pounds. I was sweating my balls off in that video, I hadn't ran in many months! I think I'll try to find an old video where I used to be in shape, I was always on my toes haha, now back to square one and flat footed and terrible footwork. Not to mention, I HAD to use my footwork early on, because most opponents were a lot taller and stronger than me off the baseline and since Lleyton was my favorite player for a long time back then, I ran down every ball and hit it back deep.

All my good hitting partners are all lazy like me. He was the best one I could get

Last edited by HKz : 10-02-2009 at 02:58 AM.
HKz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 04:33 AM   #25
country flag HKz
Hakeem

Found an older video. This is after maybe a month or two after my senior high school year of tennis so my footwork is a lot better in this video than it is in my more recent vid and there is are a couple serving clips. Quality isn't that great because my now-wife recorded off her phone since I didn't have my camcorder.

Old 10-06-2009, 12:31 PM   #26
country flag henwal_of_sweden

henwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond repute

From Porec, Croatia this spring,,, to bad it was the day after a big party at Bar Saint and Sinner ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l4RSJFfnLw
Old 10-06-2009, 09:29 PM   #27
country flag Ilovetheblues_86

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

Seems you play a long time henwal, very good hitting and good height helping.
Since when you play and how old are you now?

MAY THE SPIRIT OF KOSTAS PROTECT US
Ilovetheblues_86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:41 AM   #28
country flag henwal_of_sweden

henwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovetheblues_86 View Post
Seems you play a long time henwal, very good hitting and good height helping.
Since when you play and how old are you now?
thanks !

I am soon a senior-player (i´m 31 now)

I started to play when I was 15. I play some tournaments and league-matches here in Sweden. I have won 2 singles tournament this year and been runner up in 1 and also runner up in 1 doubles tournament so far this year.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:47 PM   #29
country flag king_roger

king_roger has a reputation beyond reputeking_roger has a reputation beyond reputeking_roger has a reputation beyond reputeking_roger has a reputation beyond reputeking_roger has a reputation beyond reputeking_roger has a reputation beyond reputeking_roger has a reputation beyond reputeking_roger has a reputation beyond reputeking_roger has a reputation beyond reputeking_roger has a reputation beyond reputeking_roger has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys! Here, this is a video of me and my friend hitting some groundies. We didn't actually play, because he injured his shoulder, and he couldn't serve. This was taken in Zagreb, Croatia, somewhere in May/June.

Note: We were a bit rusty with the timing, especially me( white hat) on the forehand side, 'cause we didn't play couple of months prior to that

Every comment and suggestion is welcomed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ijPAWCiLAY
king_roger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:36 PM   #30
country flag Yves.
Hrvatska!

Yves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by king_roger View Post
Hi guys! Here, this is a video of me and my friend hitting some groundies. We didn't actually play, because he injured his shoulder, and he couldn't serve. This was taken in Zagreb, Croatia, somewhere in May/June.

Note: We were a bit rusty with the timing, especially me( white hat) on the forehand side, 'cause we didn't play couple of months prior to that

Every comment and suggestion is welcomed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ijPAWCiLAY
You have a weird backhand motion!