Post all your videos of you playing - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-22-2009, 07:06 PM   #1
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Post all your videos of you playing

Hey guys, just making a thread so that we can all post our own videos of ourselves playing tennis whether it is by ourself, practicing or in an actual match. At the same time, we can all critique each other or congratulate/be in awe at how good someone is. This isn't GM and people who come to section subsection are all actually quite legitimate and genuine with each other so I don't expect many people to just talk trash here.

Last edited by HKz : 08-18-2010 at 04:14 PM.
HKz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2009, 07:39 PM   #2
country flag SetTheory

SetTheory has a reputation beyond reputeSetTheory has a reputation beyond reputeSetTheory has a reputation beyond reputeSetTheory has a reputation beyond reputeSetTheory has a reputation beyond reputeSetTheory has a reputation beyond reputeSetTheory has a reputation beyond reputeSetTheory has a reputation beyond reputeSetTheory has a reputation beyond reputeSetTheory has a reputation beyond reputeSetTheory has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post all your videos of you playing

Looks good to me HKz (but then I don't know much about tennis, yet) I've already posted some clips of me serving so I think I've done my bit for now (will try and get some clips of me hitting some groundstrokes, it won't be pretty :-)
SetTheory is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 07:47 PM   #3
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SetTheory View Post
Looks good to me HKz (but then I don't know much about tennis, yet) I've already posted some clips of me serving so I think I've done my bit for now (will try and get some clips of me hitting some groundstrokes, it won't be pretty :-)
Thanks

Don't worry about your groundstrokes. Honestly, the way my first coach taught groundstrokes to his students was to just hit the ball as hard as we could for many weeks and slowly form started to come as we layed off the pace naturally because we learn how to hit through the ball rather than learning how to dink it and get it back in the court.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:16 PM   #4
country flag Winnipeg
Banned!

Winnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond repute

I have 8 vids of me playing with my dad on my youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/nabby120

this was just before i added 5 mph to each of my shots...we were just playing on the courts at my school so enjoy!
Winnipeg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:21 PM   #5
country flag HKz
Hakeem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg View Post
I have 8 vids of me playing with my dad on my youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/nabby120

this was just before i added 5 mph to each of my shots...we were just playing on the courts at my school so enjoy!
You serve lefty and play righty...?

I would understand if you had a strong left hand and then played a double-handed backhand but you play a one-handed one.. You aren't worried that when you actually play the top players that that will take even more time away from you to react to a big return?
Old 09-22-2009, 08:37 PM   #6
country flag Winnipeg
Banned!

Winnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post

I would understand if you had a strong left hand and then played a double-handed backhand but you play a one-handed one.. You aren't worried that when you actually play the top players that that will take even more time away from you to react to a big return?

ya im ambidextrous....i have done that since i started playing....when ive played against top players who return hard its never a problem it actually confuses them sometimes...so its all good.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:42 PM   #7
country flag HKz
Hakeem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg View Post
ya im ambidextrous....i have done that since i started playing....when ive played against top players who return hard its never a problem it actually confuses them sometimes...so its all good.
I don't know. Doesn't seem like you switch the hands too fast even in those videos, but then again looks like you're still young and the game at your age probably isn't developed enough to have that a worry. Good luck I guess
Old 09-22-2009, 08:48 PM   #8
country flag Winnipeg
Banned!

Quote:
I don't know. Doesn't seem like you switch the hands too fast even in those videos, but then again looks like you're still young and the game at your age probably isn't developed enough to have that a worry. Good luck I guess
Bare in mind im playing against my dad who is very bad lol so i am being very lazy haha...im much quicker in tournaments and such...ill try to get some vids up from those soon.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:31 AM   #9
country flag Ilovetheblues_86

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

Hakim you are what ethnicity? You remind a bit Pashanski.

MAY THE SPIRIT OF KOSTAS PROTECT US
Ilovetheblues_86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:34 AM   #10
country flag HKz
Hakeem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovetheblues_86 View Post
Hakim you are what ethnicity? You remind a bit Pashanski.
My father is a Palestinian/Russian/Kazakstanian (hence my last name "Al-Kazak") mix and my mother is full Japanese.

Last edited by HKz : 09-23-2009 at 02:41 AM.
HKz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:09 AM   #11

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

Cool mix.
I saw your uprising movie before when I was looking for uprising clips some days ago.
I wasn´t hitting well because I have no time to train and develop more the consistency ehhe.

Last edited by Ilovetheblues_86 : 09-23-2009 at 06:48 AM.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:47 AM   #12
country flag HKz
Hakeem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovetheblues_86 View Post
Cool mix.
I saw your uprising movie before when I was looking for uprising clips some days ago.
Well I wrote that Muse cover before Uprising's full version was leaked. I used the 30 second video Muse released to the radio station to make an improv of the whole song. If you liked that cover, you should check out my song "Honest Terror"

Good video by the way, however I think you should hit through the ball more. It seems like you are trying the windshield wiper technique on the forehand too exaggerated and the backhand you aren't lettting it flow through.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:33 AM   #13
country flag dunlopkickserve

dunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I serve/overhead righty and hit groundies and vollies lefty..... it's what all the cool kidz dooo
dunlopkickserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:54 AM   #14
country flag HKz
Hakeem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlopkickserve View Post
I serve/overhead righty and hit groundies and vollies lefty..... it's what all the cool kidz dooo
It just doesn't make sense to me. When you develop both your arms for particular aspects, you can't combine them together at least? I mean Nadal would be a perfect example of this and he makes use of his ambidextrous talent to have a ridiculous backhand. It would make sense to me to do that, like serve with one hand and also use that same hand for a double-handed backhand or forehand....

Ever consider that your unique ability could be why it is hindering other aspects of your game such as your other topic of returning kickers?

I mean I know you guys can say that you have always played like this, etc, but in my opinion, it just doesn't work physically. I mean if you look at players such as Moya, Nadal or Santoro even, they have it right because they combine the strengths of both arms since they are all ambidextrous, rather than having each arm do a special job.

I don't know, just doesn't make sense to me.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:13 AM   #15

Quote:
Well I wrote that Muse cover before Uprising's full version was leaked. I used the 30 second video Muse released to the radio station to make an improv of the whole song. If you liked that cover, you should check out my song "Honest Terror"

Good video by the way, however I think you should hit through the ball more. It seems like you are trying the windshield wiper technique on the forehand too exaggerated and the backhand you aren't lettting it flow through.
That´s because I started playing on clay, so i got used to create a bit of topspin.
I know what you mean, I need to play more times per week to flow better the shots. Also I hit a bit late sometimes, need to work in timing.