Fall tournaments 2009 - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-15-2009, 09:41 AM   #121
country flag shadows

shadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fall tournaments 2009 - Tokyo

sigh D:
shadows is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2009, 09:42 AM   #122
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

He certainly is completely exhausted, but that really was a huge joke of a match. Even by his standards.
(It's "funny" because I was thinking during the 1st set that I hadn't seen him play so poorly since the MC match against Stepanek where he retired out of the blue too.)

Last edited by Truc : 10-15-2009 at 09:56 AM.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 02:10 PM   #123
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

The website of the French Tennis Association says it was a "sudden pain in the back".
http://www.fft.fr/filinfos/default.asp?ID=5469
I guess it means he felt the pain before entering the court already and that's why he was so horribly unfocused and sluggish on the court? Did they give more informations on Sport+?
Old 10-15-2009, 04:22 PM   #124
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

The back ? yes why not it's good to change sometimes Good rest.
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 06:35 AM   #125
country flag Truc

He says in L'Equipe his back has seized up on Wednesday evening, he's gutted and thinks it's probably the exhaustion and he paid off for his overloaded schedule in the past few weeks.
It doesn't sound bad.
I still don't get his schedule after the USO, but never mind. He was already too tired to play more than one set against Rafa at the USO, it would have been a massacre.
The journalist doesn't bash him for having retired, given the way he was playing.
Old 10-17-2009, 12:34 PM   #126
country flag tennisace

tennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond repute

Will he play Vienna ?
tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 03:44 AM   #127
country flag julia_gu

julia_gu has a reputation beyond reputejulia_gu has a reputation beyond reputejulia_gu has a reputation beyond reputejulia_gu has a reputation beyond reputejulia_gu has a reputation beyond reputejulia_gu has a reputation beyond reputejulia_gu has a reputation beyond reputejulia_gu has a reputation beyond reputejulia_gu has a reputation beyond reputejulia_gu has a reputation beyond reputejulia_gu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
The website of the French Tennis Association says it was a "sudden pain in the back".
http://www.fft.fr/filinfos/default.asp?ID=5469
I guess it means he felt the pain before entering the court already and that's why he was so horribly unfocused and sluggish on the court? Did they give more informations on Sport+?
yes before the match
he practised before the match and i saw someone(i didn't know the man's name)kneading his back
julia_gu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 03:48 AM   #128
country flag julia_gu

julia_gu has a reputation beyond reputejulia_gu has a reputation beyond reputejulia_gu has a reputation beyond reputejulia_gu has a reputation beyond reputejulia_gu has a reputation beyond reputejulia_gu has a reputation beyond reputejulia_gu has a reputation beyond reputejulia_gu has a reputation beyond reputejulia_gu has a reputation beyond reputejulia_gu has a reputation beyond reputejulia_gu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He says in L'Equipe his back has seized up on Wednesday evening, he's gutted and thinks it's probably the exhaustion and he paid off for his overloaded schedule in the past few weeks.
It doesn't sound bad.
I still don't get his schedule after the USO, but never mind. He was already too tired to play more than one set against Rafa at the USO, it would have been a massacre.
The journalist doesn't bash him for having retired, given the way he was playing.
Maybe Pairs
i heard someone said see u in pairs to Rasheed~
julia_gu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 08:07 AM   #129
country flag Truc

Quote:
Originally Posted by julia_gu View Post
yes before the match
he practised before the match and i saw someone(i didn't know the man's name)kneading his back
Thanks a lot, very interesting to know he already had the problem before entering the court! It means he's improving because he wasn't grimacing during the match and performing "The Dying Swan" like he sometimes used to do in the past. That's why I was so when he retired, I hadn't noticed he was in pain.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:09 AM   #130
country flag Truc

Gaël said before Shanghai already that he might skip Vienna since he was seriously exhausted.

I haven't seen any news since Thursday, but it would make sense for Rasheed to go back to Australia after Shanghai and to be back for Bercy, he often seems to be there for the bigger events only. Gaël hardly ever plays small tournaments with all his injuries anyway, but Rasheed wasn't in Marseille and Metz either.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:35 AM   #131
country flag krn81

krn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh thanks for the update, i hope gael will go in Vienna (it is a bit selfish, but i would like to see him play at least one time good ) and as Del Potro is out, i hope he will play on Monday, the only day i can come, i am asking lot
So far it looks he will come according to austrian newspaper, but he can still retire...
http://www.kleinezeitung.at/sport/te...o-ersatz.story
Quote:
Der Franzose Gael Monfils, der wegen einer Rückenverletzung ebenfalls in Shanghai eine Partie abgebrochen hat, ließ über sein Management ausrichten, dass er zur BA-Trophy anreisen werde und einem Start nichts entgegen stehe.
My German is far away to be perfect so i hope i understood correctly that he said he will come.
krn81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 08:40 AM   #132
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by krn81 View Post
Oh thanks for the update, i hope gael will go in Vienna (it is a bit selfish, but i would like to see him play at least one time good ) and as Del Potro is out, i hope he will play on Monday, the only day i can come, i am asking lot
I am going Tuesday and Friday, hoping to see him too, but frankly, I doubt he will show up.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 08:46 AM   #133
country flag krn81

krn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond repute

I am also doubting he will come
krn81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 09:23 AM   #134
country flag Truc

Thanks for the updates! It says he should play indeed, but it's phrased in a cautious way, rather insisting on the fact that he will go there - he has to turn up to avoid the fine, but the question is if he will play.

I had forgotten you are going to the tournament. He will be one of the main attractions if he plays since the entry list is quite poor, I really don't see him scheduled on Monday already...
Old 10-18-2009, 09:35 AM   #135
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
the entry list is quite poor....
You are so right, the weakest list for years.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote