Fall tournaments 2009 - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-30-2009, 09:43 PM   #151
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fall tournaments 2009

Thanks, I'm glad it was fun to watch live. His attitude looked pretty annoying today on the livestream during at least one set and a half and I was petrified when I thought you were sitting in the stands watching him like that!
But the end of the 2nd set was spectacular indeed. Eurosport is showing a replay of a Vienna match tonight, I don't know if it will be GaŽl, but it's possible since the other matches were more onesided.

His 3 matches in Vienna have been disappointing, though, his game and his mind are a complete mess. He managed to come back into the match with a lot of show (je sais pas comment dire "de l'intox" en anglais), but his performance was "scrappier" than ever.
But I'm a bit dubious about his motivation to play Vienna, maybe that's why he wasn't able to keep his focus for more than one set.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2009, 09:29 AM   #152
country flag krn81

krn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond repute

I had the same impression than Fran from what I saw on TV. I started at the end of the first set and at the beginning of the second set, his attitude was not nice, and on austrian TV, the microphone was quite powerfull because i heart clearly some not so nice sentences from him. It is true the end of the second set was nice, i did not watch the end of the match, the austrian tv stopped to broadcast in the middle of the 3rd set.
I still dont get why he did not choose to play in Lyon rather than Vienna. He said that he likes the surface in Vienna, is it such different than Lyon?
Well, it is almost one of his longest period of playing this year, he plays often since the us tourney. The other period was at the beginning of the year, maybe he is not use anymore and need again some rest
krn81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 09:52 AM   #153
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

There was a huge difference between the surface of Lyon and Vienna, but they both changed their surface this year, so it's not that big anymore. Vienna used to be one of the slowest indoor tournaments, it was really bad, but the surface is faster now, all the players say it. And Lyon was one of the very few events on the tour still played on Taraflex. With his game it definitely makes sense that he prefers the surface of Vienna.

But he really shows himself from his worst side there every year, he usually doesn't argue that much with the umpire, he did the same thing in the final last year and I was already in front of my TV.

L'Equipe writes that he had a cold this week - but it's not an excuse.
He says he can't wait for the off season to work on his game, but still hopes to do something good in Valencia and Bercy.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:28 AM   #154
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
Thanks, I'm glad it was fun to watch live. His attitude looked pretty annoying today on the livestream during at least one set and a half and I was petrified when I thought you were sitting in the stands watching him like that!
Obviously you are much more demanding than me and the rest of the crowd. I can only repeat myself: Apart from the first set, people really enjoyed this match.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:26 PM   #155
country flag Truc

I believe you that it was quite catchy to see live, and I'm sincerely glad people enjoyed it.
But I'm not the only GaŽl fan to have this reaction, my fellow poster from GM.com was pretty mad at him too.

(I don't think I'm extremely demanding as far as his game is concerned, I'm used to the rollercoaster and the defensive stuff, I can excuse it - I know it's tough for him to play differently and I can see it takes a huge effort for him to keep his concentration. But I have trouble excusing his poor attitude. )

Was Rasheed there, by the way? We've wondered a few times this week if he was behaving like that in front of Rasheed.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:27 PM   #156
country flag Truc

He has a good draw in Valencia:
[5] SIMON, Gilles FRA - KUNITSYN, Igor RUS
BERDYCH, Tomas CZE - MATHIEU, Paul-Henri FRA
FERRERO, Juan Carlos ESP - CUEVAS, Pablo URU
YOUZHNY, Mikhail RUS - [3] TSONGA, Jo-Wilfried FRA

[6] MONFILS, Gael FRA - [WC] GRANOLLERS, Marcel ESP
GARCIA-LOPEZ, Guillermo ESP - GREUL, Simon GER
MONACO, Juan ARG - VASSALLO ARGUELLO, Martin ARG
QUALIFIER - [2] DAVYDENKO, Nikolay RUS
Old 10-31-2009, 12:35 PM   #157
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Was Rasheed there, by the way? We've wondered a few times this week if he was behaving like that in front of Rasheed.
I have not seen him, but I took no great effort to look for him.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 11-03-2009, 04:38 PM   #158
country flag Jess22

Jess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond repute

Win in Valencia , 6-4 6-2 against Granollers and last match of the day tomorrow against Garcia-Lopez really good draw hopefully he takes advantage
Old 11-04-2009, 06:32 AM   #159
country flag Truc

But he was playing poorly according to L'Equipe, they say he only won because Granollers was pathetic. GaŽl says again he's tired and has trouble keeping his concentration.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:10 AM   #160
country flag Puschkin

Quote:
But he was playing poorly according to L'Equipe, they say he only won because Granollers was pathetic. GaŽl says again he's tired and has trouble keeping his concentration.
But he still wins the matches, he is supposed to win. It can't be that bad then.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 11-04-2009, 04:41 PM   #161
country flag Jess22

Jess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond reputeJess22 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ah thought so, I was following live scores and he went like a break down managed to break back in 1st set then Granollers seemed to fall apart on serve. Not long till end of season I'm sure he'll want to play well in Paris
Old 11-04-2009, 04:46 PM   #162
country flag Keijan

Keijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond repute

A stream has surfaced up http://www.atdhe.net/7622/watch-atp-valencia

edit : it doesn't work
Keijan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:58 PM   #163
country flag Jess22

No stream and scoreboard was stuck.. He lost 6-2 7-5 Hopefully he can find some energy and have a good run at Paris
Old 11-05-2009, 06:52 AM   #164
country flag Truc

As expected, he says in L'Equipe he's exhausted and it certainly was a terrible effort from him because Rasheed says he can understand that GaŽl is tired, but not that he doesn't even try.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:56 PM   #165
country flag Tess Gray

Tess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond repute

Gael's part of the draw in Bercy.. and it sucks

Federer (1) Bye
Benneteau - Petzschner
Qualifier - Wawrinka
Bye (15) Monfils
Cilic (12) Bye
A.Beck - Qualifier
Kohlschreiber -Seppi
Bye (7) Verdasco
Tess Gray is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote