Indoor Season 2009 Autumn Version - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-14-2009, 06:23 PM   #91
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Indoor Season 2009 Autumn Version

La question du jour:

What's worse ? Losing because you're injured and not in form -(seb), or losing because you just play crapy (arnaud) ?

I just would like to say to Arnaud there was a better option than a 8 hours flyght and 2 hours by train... STAY AT HOME until 2010 !
Honestly, what does he really hope for the end of the year ?? (Lourdes)

Guy Forget

Last edited by Marine : 10-14-2009 at 08:22 PM.
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2009, 07:20 PM   #92
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine View Post
La question du jour:

What's worse ? Losing because you're injured and in form -(seb), or losing because you just play crapy (arnaud) ?

I just would like to say him to Arnaud there was a better option than a 8 hours flyght and 2 hours by train... STAY AT HOME until 2010 !
Honestly, what does he really hope for the end of the year ?? (Lourdes)
Yes a challenger in Lourdes I'm sure Arno hasn't big hopes for the end of the year but he's a tennis player so he plays tennis It's soon the end anyway cos i don't think he will try the challengers after Bercy and Bercy is yet in doubt.

Do you think he will do like Bastl who is born in 1975 and still continue to play for a rank between #200 & #300 since few years lol. It must be very close between i continue tennis because i love that job and i continue because i don't know what to do instead. But until he plays i follow him
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 07:35 PM   #93
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

They give a WO in doubles to Butorac/Zvoko. Diplomatical injury or not ?

Well Rennes trip was short lol Bye Bye and we'll see if he tries Stockholm cos this WO put me in doubt.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:26 PM   #94
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
But until he plays i follow him

That's the "phrase du jour", merci soulage.
Me too !

But I wonder why he was able to reach the 1/4 18 months ago in wimbledon, and now, unable to beat any player.
What happened...?

Guy Forget
Old 10-14-2009, 09:47 PM   #95
country flag soulage

Even the beginning of 2009 was correct it's since june he had a black out. The injury surely not help and now is out of shape and without confidence it's impossible to win for him.

I wait the update of the double draw to see the reason of the WO.
He didn't enter doubles in Lyon where Micka will play with Marco so no Lyon for Arno ? He's far away in the qualy list of Basel & Valencia and will not have an enough ranking for Bercy qualies so i'm wondering what he will do The guys here don't update the double list so no possibility to see if he's still entered with Lindstedt in Stockholm Maybe he's already in holidays
Old 10-14-2009, 09:51 PM   #96
country flag Marine

Franchement... autant se prendre des vacances...

Guy Forget
Old 10-14-2009, 09:56 PM   #97
country flag soulage

Il va s'ennuyer jusqu'en janvier He's tough to follow already the Stockholm option was a bit strange for a guy who loves playing in france and not enter Lyon doubles list is another strange thing but it's Arno we'll see
Old 10-14-2009, 10:59 PM   #98
country flag soulage

In the video of Guez conference they write he won against an Arnaud Clement without "ressources" http://www.dailymotion.com/open-de-Rennes-2009 and they WO because of his elbow http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2009/3503/mdd.pdf Don't know how this injury is true or just the official reason. If the tendinitis is really back he should totally stop until december to refresh his mind.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:03 PM   #99
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes a challenger in Lourdes I'm sure Arno hasn't big hopes for the end of the year but he's a tennis player so he plays tennis It's soon the end anyway cos i don't think he will try the challengers after Bercy and Bercy is yet in doubt.

Do you think he will do like Bastl who is born in 1975 and still continue to play for a rank between #200 & #300 since few years lol. It must be very close between i continue tennis because i love that job and i continue because i don't know what to do instead. But until he plays i follow him
I think Bastl just likes it and the rank doesn't matter that much to him. Saw him at the Aachen challenger a few years ago and he was just sitting there, reading a book, talking to other players, playing his match, and then sat alone for a while at the players party in the evening, before a small group of people decided to join him before me and my friend could. Then we talked a few minutes with Marcel Zimmermann - the guy who followed us around all day - before ending up in the players car with some players (excl. driver there were 6 people in the car ) for a drive to the train station. If Arno has at least 1/4th of the fun they had in that car at a tournament, I can definitely understand why he continues to play, even if that means playing challengers.

Last edited by Kezzi : 11-07-2009 at 11:26 PM.
Kezzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:37 AM   #100
country flag soulage

You have an amazing life on tournaments Kezzi

Translation of Arno's sentences in both articles
"It was not very good even pathetic at some moments like what i'm doing since for some time. I made too many faults taking no pleasure." And in the other newpapers "I'm hopeless. The ball don't get out of my racket.It's pathetic".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 96535050.jpg (114.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg tel.jpg (99.1 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by soulage : 10-15-2009 at 08:52 PM. Reason: made more clear my post
Old 10-15-2009, 12:31 PM   #101
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

When I think about it, I still don't know how these things happen to me all the time. But Aachen is just way too small, there wasn't a players lounge, that helps a lot with experiencing these things.

Thanks for the article! Even if it's not so positive, trying to read it helps me with learning a little more French. It's easier to make an effort to read if it's an article on an interesting subject.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:15 PM   #102
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

this is very much the story of a lot of people even though they aren't tennis players so it's not unique to him. it will take a while to realise he should quit that job lol

obviously i'm saying a similar "phrase du jour" as yours but probably with a lot more disgust than some of you lollll

just saw this elsewhere:
Quote:
Be nice to people on your way up because you'll need them on your way down.
was this guy not nice enough to me?

Last edited by Via : 10-15-2009 at 03:44 PM.
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 05:15 PM   #103
country flag soulage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Via View Post
obviously i'm saying a similar "phrase du jour" as yours but probably with a lot more disgust than some of you lollll

just saw this elsewhere:
Quote:
Be nice to people on your way up because you'll need them on your way down.
was this guy not nice enough to me?
You're philosophical . Maybe not nice in litteral meaning but he gave enjoyment which can be consider like a nice thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Via View Post
this is very much the story of a lot of people even though they aren't tennis players so it's not unique to him. it will take a while to realise he should quit that job lol
Of course it's quite the same for everybody. When ?
Old 10-17-2009, 09:16 AM   #104
country flag Marine

While we're talking about his holiday... he plays Marius Copil, (from Romania) at first round in qualifs in STOCKHOLM...
I try to understand his obstinacy, I can't... and you ?

Guy Forget
Old 10-17-2009, 09:52 AM   #105
country flag Kezzi

Well, somehow I can.
Just look at it from a law perspective. If you don't agree with something, you can object. And even if his results aren't good, Arno refuses to agree with it and to keep playing is his objection.