Laurynas Grigelis (LTU) - Page 39 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-01-2012, 11:40 AM   #571
country flag RogerExpress

RogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Laurynas Grigelis (LTU)

, Grigio had (at least) 2 break points in the last game, but couldn't break. He will play later in doubles with Ignatik against Emmrich/Marx

In singles he's signed in Sarajevo CH next week
RogerExpress is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2012, 04:58 PM   #572
country flag Vilnietė

Vilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond repute

Old 03-01-2012, 05:04 PM   #573
country flag Vilnietė

Vilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond reputeVilnietė has a reputation beyond repute

Al least Laurynas and Uladzimir won doubles:

Old 03-03-2012, 10:59 AM   #574

RogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond repute

I just realised Sarajevo CH is not next week but the another, so I think Grigio will rest next week.

Laurynas and Uladzimir will play today doubles SF against Gicquel and Roger Vasselin. Ignatik has to play singles SF too, after that match and a "suitable rest" (don't know how much time it is) Grigio will enter on court
Old 03-03-2012, 09:29 PM   #575
country flag Domis

Domis has a reputation beyond reputeDomis has a reputation beyond reputeDomis has a reputation beyond reputeDomis has a reputation beyond reputeDomis has a reputation beyond reputeDomis has a reputation beyond reputeDomis has a reputation beyond reputeDomis has a reputation beyond reputeDomis has a reputation beyond reputeDomis has a reputation beyond reputeDomis has a reputation beyond repute

Second doubles final in a row

6:4, 5:7, 15:13
Old 03-04-2012, 11:00 AM   #576
country flag Vilnietė

Doubles final in one hour

Old 03-04-2012, 01:53 PM   #577

Another title
Old 03-04-2012, 04:42 PM   #578
country flag Armless

Armless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond repute

Armless is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:41 AM   #579
country flag Dalx

Dalx has a reputation beyond reputeDalx has a reputation beyond reputeDalx has a reputation beyond reputeDalx has a reputation beyond reputeDalx has a reputation beyond reputeDalx has a reputation beyond reputeDalx has a reputation beyond reputeDalx has a reputation beyond reputeDalx has a reputation beyond reputeDalx has a reputation beyond reputeDalx has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats again for both . They make a strong doubles pair .

Dalx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:20 PM   #580
country flag Vilnietė

Tennis player Laurynas Grigelis after the triumph in France: "We accidentally got in the draw and we won"

Tennis player Laurynas Grigelis keeps his supporters happy. He, partnering Belarussian Uladzimir Ignatik, won the second consecutive doubles title in Challenger tour. Also, he became world number 272 in doubles and for the first time in his career he has a better doubles ranking then Ričardas Berankis. However, in the interview with lrytas.lt Laurynas assured that singles matches will continue being his priority.

The team of Lithuanian and Belarussian didn't expect to get in the doubles draw of ATP Challenger tour event "Challenger La Manche" in France. Illness of one of opponents gave the opportunity for L.Grigelis and U.Ignatik to compete together for the second week in a row.

"We accidently got in the draw and we won. We signed up for the tournament but we were 14th team on the list and only 13 teams got in. But one Frenchman got ill and he couldn't play neither singles nor doubles. So we took the place of his team in the doubles draw" - said Laurynas.

In the final match the team of 20-year-old Lithuanian and 21-year old Belarusian defeated 27-year-old German Dustin Brown and 30-year-old Brit Jonathan Marray, 4-6, 7-6(11-9), 10:0.

With victory in doubles draw L.Grigelis and U.Ignatik earned 90 ATP doubles ranking points each and 2,650 euros. Lithuanian player rose from 372 to 272 place in the world doubles ranking, which is ahead of another Lithuanian player World doubles number 347 Ričardas Berankis. U.Ignatik jumped from 187 to 168 place in the world doubles ranking.

Last week the team of Lithuanian and Belarussian won the Challenger tour tennis tournament "Volkswagen ATP Challenger" in Wolfsburg, Germany.

- You won the second title in a row - what is the secret of your success? - lrytas.lt asked Laurynas Grigelis.

- You could say that we were just lucky that we got into the tournament, that we were not supposed to play. We both serve well and receive well. We don't play "in the air" as well as real doubles players, we still need to improve that. However, I believe that the receiving and serving are very important elements in tennis.

- Did you expect that fortune will smile at you again?

- After we won the first round, we thought that we can go deep in the draw, because the first opponents were a very strong team. In the final match we lost the first set, even though we had a chance to win. We got gloomy but we didn't give up. We were fighting till the end and we won.

- You are not really successful in singles draws this year.

- I wouln't say that I'm not successful, in Germany I lost to the eventual champion. I France I lost the match which I could have won, in the second round I lost to Frenchman Kenny de Schepper, who is world number 164. I think that my game is improving. I need to trust myself and work hard.

- In your career you have one challenger tour singles title and two doubles titles. Don't you have an idea to focus on doubles?

- I'm a singles player, therefore I give priority to singles matches. And I don't think that two titles in doubles should change that. Now I know that I can be successful in doubles so I'll play them when I have an opportunity, but if I feel that I might not have enough energy for singles and doubles then I'll refuse to play doubles. Singles stays my priority.

- After winning the tournament in Germany you didn't have time to celebrate it, you hurried to France. How about your second title, have you celebrated it?

- We had some hours to celebrate our victory and then Uladzimir had to go home. So, we just drunk the bear that we got in Germany, that's it.

- What are your plans for the nearest future?

- I'll return home to Italy. There I'll rest for a few days and then start practising again. On saturday I'm going to Sarajevo (Bosnia & Herzegovina) to play one more challenger tournament. After that one I'll go to England. I'll play doubles with Uladzimir only in England because he couldn't go to Sarajevo, there I'll paly with Italian guy Marco Crugnola.

Source: lrytas.lt

This article was open on my computer for three days and I still didn't get in a mood to translate it. Maybe next time I can just post it in lithuanian and people who are interested can use a google.translate
Old 03-08-2012, 08:45 PM   #581

I let you a short interview with Andrea Stoppini who talks about Laurynas (is from March 1). I understand italian and english but I'm bad at writing. So excuse me if the traduction quality is not good:

Here's an interview with Andrea Stoppini, who joined in full time, also with the youth sector, to the staff of Brusaporto. He speaks about Grigelis

- The beginning of the season for Laurynas was full of highs and lows, why do you think this happened?

Probably he put too much pressure on himself, and failed to reach what he was expecting. But since Bergamo things are back in place. He played a good match and this is positive

- In what aspects do you think he improved comparing with 2011?

He's more aware of what he can do, and can handle situations better. He improved his shots too, he still can grow more with the drive, also he's physically more robust and more powerful.

- What do you expect from his season?

As he has been a huge rise last year when he won Aptos and keep winning matches I expect the same this year. He has to recover that consistence and keep it

- What does he need to make a quality jump?

It's hard to say. Some things arrive quickly others take more time. We hope he can reach Top 100 at the end of the year, but I think maintaining current ranking would be great too.

Source: http://futuretalent.it/index.php/it/...to-da-stoppini
Old 03-10-2012, 06:37 PM   #582

Good draw for Laurynas in Sarajevo CH

(8) GRIGELIS, Laurynas LTU v LEDOVSKIKH, Mikhail RUS
MESAROS, Kristijan CRO v JANOWICZ, Jerzy POL
DZUMHUR, Damir BIH v SETKIC, Aldin BIH
HERNYCH, Jan CZE v (3) BRANDS, Daniel GER

Ledovskikh is a 25 years old russian player who is ranked 296. This year he made QF at Kazan CH, but his last results were not good
Old 03-13-2012, 12:56 AM   #583
country flag jmf07

jmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond repute

Won 6-1 6-4. Next up Jerzy Janowicz. Janowicz has not been in some decent form of late. Grigelis will need to play well. Courts are normally very fast here.
Baker (USA) - Bedene (SLO) - Bellucci (BRA) - Berta (SWE) - Cuevas (URU) - Domijan (USA) - Ebden (AUS) - Estrella (DOM) - Grigelis (LTU) - Guccione (AUS) - Heliovaara (FIN) - Kavcic (SLO) - King (BAH) - Kontinen (FIN) - Kubler (AUS) - Lajovic (SRB) - Matosevic (AUS) - McGee (IRE) - Millman (AUS) - Mitchell (AUS) - Nielsen (DEN) - Nieminen (FIN) - Paire (FRA) - Udomchoke (THA)
jmf07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:13 AM   #584
country flag Andrius

Andrius has a reputation beyond reputeAndrius has a reputation beyond reputeAndrius has a reputation beyond reputeAndrius has a reputation beyond reputeAndrius has a reputation beyond reputeAndrius has a reputation beyond reputeAndrius has a reputation beyond reputeAndrius has a reputation beyond reputeAndrius has a reputation beyond reputeAndrius has a reputation beyond reputeAndrius has a reputation beyond repute

Sarajevo is now finished for Laurynas, going down to Janowicz in the second round in three sets 63 67 26. Good to see Laurynas and Crugnola get to the doubles quarter finals beating Beck and Marx 76(7) 67(2) 10-8. However, Brown and Marray prevailed in the quarter finals 63 62. Next tournament for Laurynas is the Challenger in Bath. Sekmes, Laurynai.
Andrius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:42 PM   #585

Bath CH

(8) FISCHER, Martin AUT v GRIGELIS, Laurynas LTU
NAVARRO, Ivan ESP v OSWALD, Philipp AUT
TOREBKO, Peter GER v QUALIFIER
HUTA GALUNG, Jesse NED v (2) BERRER, Michael GER

Vamos Laurynas !