Laurynas Grigelis (LTU) - Page 27 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-18-2011, 06:55 AM   #391
country flag Gytis

Gytis is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Laurynas Grigelis (LTU)

Super Laurynas!!!
Gytis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2011, 07:11 AM   #392
country flag Dalx

Dalx has a reputation beyond reputeDalx has a reputation beyond reputeDalx has a reputation beyond reputeDalx has a reputation beyond reputeDalx has a reputation beyond reputeDalx has a reputation beyond reputeDalx has a reputation beyond reputeDalx has a reputation beyond reputeDalx has a reputation beyond reputeDalx has a reputation beyond reputeDalx has a reputation beyond repute

Grigio . Amazing breakthrough .
Dalx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:51 AM   #393
country flag Dalx

Dalx has a reputation beyond reputeDalx has a reputation beyond reputeDalx has a reputation beyond reputeDalx has a reputation beyond reputeDalx has a reputation beyond reputeDalx has a reputation beyond reputeDalx has a reputation beyond reputeDalx has a reputation beyond reputeDalx has a reputation beyond reputeDalx has a reputation beyond reputeDalx has a reputation beyond repute

From http://www.register-pajaronian.com/v...story_id=11003

Quote:
Grigelis wins Comerica Bank Challenger
Modified: Sunday, Jul 17th, 2011
BY: GLENN CRAVENS

APTOS — After Laurynas Grigelis fired a sideline winner early in the second set of the Comerica Bank Challenger on Sunday that got the crowd roaring in approval, Ilija Bozoljac paused to assess what just happened.

“Nice shot,” Bozoljac said.

It was that kind of day for both players.

Grigelis got all the breaks and the bounces to go his way and he claimed the championship, winning 6-2, 7-6 (5).

The $14,400 top prize was all his as well as what is expected to be a boost in the rankings. He is currently ranked 373rd in the world, and that was after a drop following two subpar showings in two previous weeks.

But the way he broke Bozoljac in the first set and finished him off in the second, he played well above that number.

He fired sideline and baseline winners that stunned Bozoljac. On serve, he threw Bozoljac off balance, hoping that it would be enough to stay in the contest.

He also took advantage of 26 unforced errors by Bozoljac.

“When I broke him in the first set, I was confident,” Grigelis said. “The second set was really close and the match could have turned.”

A high-arching shot by Grigelis in the second-set tiebreaker was the break he needed to get by and close out the championship. Tied at 4-4 in the tiebreaker, Bozoljac served a far-reaching ball that Grigelis had to extend far out for. The ball somehow hit the baseline and Bozoljac couldn’t return it.

Grigelis then served the next two points to close out the contest.

“He had a good serve, and my plan was to serve good because if he broke me it would be tough to get to his serve,” Grigelis said.

Grigelis blazed through the first set, which lasted less than 30 minutes. Bozoljac said he upped his tempo and started to play more aggressive.

“I tried to see how he was playing and I tried to get in touch with the scoring, but he won the two most important points in the tiebreaker,” Bozoljac said. “He was being better from the baseline and I didn’t want to stay in the baseline.”

Both players said during the awards ceremony they plan to come back next year.

In the doubles match, Carsten Ball and Chris Guccione won their third consecutive title, beating John Paul Fruttero and Raven Classen in the finals.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:29 AM   #394
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

unbelievable

Jerzy Janowicz/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Kei Nishikori

John Millman / Javier Martí/Taro Daniel-Jules Marie-Josh Milton

Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Henri Laaksonen- Attila Balazs- Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Marcus Willis-Kristijan Mesaros-Brydan Klein-Chris Rungkat-Piotr Gadomski-Hugo Nys-Pol Toledo
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:57 AM   #395
country flag Armless

Armless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond repute

He's not playing Lexington.
Armless is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:49 AM   #396
country flag Dalx

From http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/sports/ci_18500901

Quote:
Unseeded Laurynas Grigelis takes Comerica Bank Challenger title
By VIDUR MALIK
Posted: 07/18/2011 04:16:14 PM PDT

APTOS - Laurynas Grigelis woke up Sunday wondering whether he would be able to play in the final of the Comerica Bank Challenger.
He was still fatigued from a grueling, three-set win over No. 1 seed Igor Kunitsyn in the semifinals Saturday, but Andrea Stoppini - Grigelis' coach for the Challenger - told him Sunday's final would be less strenuous than the previous round.

Those words proved prophetic, as the 19-year-old Lithuanian won 6-2, 7-6 [4] over No. 7 seed Ilija Bozoljac to win the Challenger.

It was the first title of the summer for the unseeded Grigelis, who took home $14,400 in prize money.

"Andrea told me, 'Don't worry. Today's going to be a different match because [against Kunitsyn] we played a lot of rallies ...'" Grigelis said. "And with [Bozoljac], he has a big serve so the rallies were smaller and we played just three, four balls in one point."

Grigelis matched Bozoljac's serve with his own, as both players showcased their power throughout the match.

Bozoljac took the opening game, but Grigelis won the next five - including a service break to go up 4-1 - and held serve the entire first set.

Grigelis said he was able to capitalize on Bozoljac's mistakes in his service game in the first set.

"When you break this guy, [with his] big serve, you're more confident," Grigelis said.

In a much closer second set, Bozoljac's serve was more effective, and he used it to catch Grigelis out of position to create scoring opportunities.

He said he was forced to deviate from his initial game plan of playing on the baseline and move closer to the net during rallies. Both the breeze and the tennis balls - which Bozoljac said got worn out early on in the match - made it tough for him to follow his strategy, he said. It worked, as the two played a much more even set and traded games.

"My plan was to play longer points ... but, for some reason, I couldn't do it," Bozoljac said. "Because it was a little bit windy, I struggled a little bit with the balls and I just could not find really the game that I wanted to play, so I needed to change."

With the second set tied 5-5, Bozoljac easily won a game to go up 6-5, but for the second straight match, Grigelis forced and won a tiebreak.

The first few points of the tiebreaker were close, with both players firing hard serves past the net. Down 5-4, Bozoljac received a serve and felt it was long. The serve was ruled in, and Bozoljac complained to the umpire immediately after the call.

Right after that point, Grigelis hit another serve that Bozoljac could not return, giving him the set and the match.

Bozoljac continued voicing his displeasure about the serve call after the match ended. He was gracious in defeat, but made it clear that he was not happy with the ruling.

"I was 100 percent sure that that serve went out, and so was 90 percent of the crowd," Bozoljac said. "This is one of the very last points in the match, so there is no place for a mistake, I think, from the referee's side."

Whether or not that particular offering was fair, Grigelis knew his serve was one of the keys to his championship performance.

"I never served like this in all the tournament," Grigelis said. "This is the first day that I served so good and I think that's what made me win today."
Old 07-19-2011, 11:18 AM   #397
country flag WillFoldKK

WillFoldKK has a reputation beyond reputeWillFoldKK has a reputation beyond reputeWillFoldKK has a reputation beyond reputeWillFoldKK has a reputation beyond reputeWillFoldKK has a reputation beyond reputeWillFoldKK has a reputation beyond reputeWillFoldKK has a reputation beyond reputeWillFoldKK has a reputation beyond reputeWillFoldKK has a reputation beyond reputeWillFoldKK has a reputation beyond reputeWillFoldKK has a reputation beyond repute

Next stop for Laurynas - Los Angeles Qualifications
WillFoldKK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:24 PM   #398
country flag RogerExpress

RogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond repute

I think It's a good idea not to play Lexington, rest a few days and play LA qualies. It's great he doesn't have to return to Europe to get points in challengers and can stay in USA
RogerExpress is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 02:50 PM   #399
country flag Armless

Armless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond repute

Laurynas is playing LA qualies this weekend. Here's his draw:
[3] M Matosevic (AUS) vs. M Kosakowski (USA)
A Yovan (USA) vs. C Reix (FRA)
L Grigelis (LTU) vs. P Simmonds (USA)
L Perez-Perez (ESP) vs. [8] C Ball (AUS)
Armless is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 03:01 PM   #400
country flag StoGas

StoGas has a reputation beyond reputeStoGas has a reputation beyond reputeStoGas has a reputation beyond reputeStoGas has a reputation beyond reputeStoGas has a reputation beyond reputeStoGas has a reputation beyond reputeStoGas has a reputation beyond reputeStoGas has a reputation beyond reputeStoGas has a reputation beyond reputeStoGas has a reputation beyond reputeStoGas has a reputation beyond repute

Waaay to difficult draw to make it. Someone from Aussies will beat Grigelis

Tennis Tipping

Singles 238

Doubles 11

SF: Bangkok ATP
W: AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2012(w/1987518LPF)
W: WIMBLEDON 2012 (w/1987518LPF)
StoGas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 03:36 PM   #401
country flag Tutu

Tutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond repute

We'll see. If he keeps his form up, it's certainly doable.

WTA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ATP
Tutu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:01 PM   #402
country flag WillFoldKK

WillFoldKK has a reputation beyond reputeWillFoldKK has a reputation beyond reputeWillFoldKK has a reputation beyond reputeWillFoldKK has a reputation beyond reputeWillFoldKK has a reputation beyond reputeWillFoldKK has a reputation beyond reputeWillFoldKK has a reputation beyond reputeWillFoldKK has a reputation beyond reputeWillFoldKK has a reputation beyond reputeWillFoldKK has a reputation beyond reputeWillFoldKK has a reputation beyond repute

Grigelis def Simmonds 61 63 at Q1 of Los Angeles ATP250
WillFoldKK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:04 AM   #403
country flag StoGas

StoGas has a reputation beyond reputeStoGas has a reputation beyond reputeStoGas has a reputation beyond reputeStoGas has a reputation beyond reputeStoGas has a reputation beyond reputeStoGas has a reputation beyond reputeStoGas has a reputation beyond reputeStoGas has a reputation beyond reputeStoGas has a reputation beyond reputeStoGas has a reputation beyond reputeStoGas has a reputation beyond repute

In 55 minutes

Tennis Tipping

Singles 238

Doubles 11

SF: Bangkok ATP
W: AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2012(w/1987518LPF)
W: WIMBLEDON 2012 (w/1987518LPF)
StoGas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 12:42 PM   #404
country flag RogerExpress

RogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond reputeRogerExpress has a reputation beyond repute

Good win, but I agree with Stogas, he won't defeat Ball and Matosevic . Today he'll play near 2 PM local time, I think that's near the midight in Lithuania
RogerExpress is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 12:48 PM   #405
country flag Tutu

Tutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond repute

We'll see. He can certainly beat Ball. One match at a time.

WTA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ATP
Tutu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote