Hip-Hop the thread - Page 17 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-03-2011, 03:38 AM   #241
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hip-Hop the thread

My Beautiful Dark Fantasy was a great album. The first 3 songs are ones that I still have on my regular playlist. It has a good mix of deep and 'banger' songs. There are a couple of dud songs in it, but every album these days has those, no album is perfect anymore. Kanye was great in his old days and his new stuff is different but still good. Although he is crap on anything he is featured on these days. He has to be willing to put in the effort for it to be good.

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2011, 03:41 AM   #242

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

Big L was the best of all time in pure delivery. Great annunciation an emphasis on each syllable, always staying on meter. Not the greatest lyricist but he didn't have to be, that wasn't his style.

Old 11-03-2011, 03:44 AM   #243
country flag merryploughbhoy

merryploughbhoy has a reputation beyond reputemerryploughbhoy has a reputation beyond reputemerryploughbhoy has a reputation beyond reputemerryploughbhoy has a reputation beyond reputemerryploughbhoy has a reputation beyond reputemerryploughbhoy has a reputation beyond reputemerryploughbhoy has a reputation beyond reputemerryploughbhoy has a reputation beyond reputemerryploughbhoy has a reputation beyond reputemerryploughbhoy has a reputation beyond reputemerryploughbhoy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by out_here_grindin View Post
My Beautiful Dark Fantasy was a great album. The first 3 songs are ones that I still have on my regular playlist. It has a good mix of deep and 'banger' songs. There are a couple of dud songs in it, but every album these days has those, no album is perfect anymore. Kanye was great in his old days and his new stuff is different but still good. Although he is crap on anything he is featured on these days. He has to be willing to put in the effort for it to be good.
I just could'nt get into his new style, It was annoying how he changed because his older stuff was amazing, he sounds like a different artist now.
merryploughbhoy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:25 PM   #244
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by merryploughbhoy View Post
Kanye west was great up until 2009. Graduation was his last good album, his latest one is beyond a joke, utter shite, his head is gone, that she male he is/was with plus his last 2 cd's made me loose all respect for him
yea i totally agree, its like his songs nowadays is bs and his attitude got crazier and more pathetic than ever
Old 11-04-2011, 02:42 AM   #245

Rapper - tennis player comparisons:

Nas - Sampras - The longevity, the consistency over the years and the success. They are both always thrown into talk about "one" of the best ever, but rarely are they actually put on the pedestal as THE best ever.

Jay Z - Agassi - May have been beaten several times by their rivals(nas,sampras) but somehow were more popular. They each had a a certain charisma that kept their name more prevelant in the public eye than their technically better rival.

Canibus - Rios - Had all the tools. like Thomas Johansson "Marcelo could make you feel like it was your 1st time on court" Well there were times when Canibus could make an MC feel like it was his 1st time on the mic. But neither one had the mass appeal, they did not go out of their way to make people like them and ended their careers with less accomplishments than they had the talent for.

Tupac - McEnroe - Remembered more fondly after their careers than during. Had a large following and while not techinically the best, they are remembered as such by many for their large impact on the game. Many still cite each as their favorite even though their careers are both long gone. There is also an undeniable passion that they each display in their respective career paths.

Biggie Smalls - Borg - The antithesis to the flavorful rebel of their rival. The always consistent artist who's art was more defined by substance than flair. They were not masters of charisma and just went along their own way and that in itself won many fans.

Rakim - Laver - Not big names amongst the new generation of fans but old timers will never forget that they had massive influences on the game and that they still reign supreme in the eyes of the purists.

Immortal Technique - Safin - Rebels. Biting styles that made purists uncomfortable but also won them many fans. However their love of the game can be questioned and ultimately can explain the lack of more success.

Eminem - Nadal - Have the most passionate fans and the most passionate haters. But whichever way you fall, their influence cannot be denied. Barged into the game with a bang, each with a unique style that either appealed or repeled. While the fans will insist upon their greatest of all time status, the ones who know the game will agree that there are and have been more gifted ones out there.

Coolio - Chang - Burst onto the scene with a big hit. (Gangsters Paradise, 1989 French Open) both threatened to be a sensation but as the career wore on it became apparent that their were more pwoerful artists/players out there that eventually knocked them down a notch.

Kanye West - Djokovic - Never one to let the world forget about their existance. Came onto the scene rather aprubtly and was quickly challenging the best. A change in style hurt both briefly and made people questioned if they were actually among the best. Both have been questioned as to their true merits. Do they have the artistry to be on the same level as legends?

Old 11-04-2011, 04:04 AM   #246
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hip-Hop music thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Rap doesn't and won't get better than this track.

No need for bling, and clownish props. Just saying how it was and actually having a message.
My parents and i LOVE that song
Old 11-08-2011, 06:04 PM   #247
country flag electronicmusic

electronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hip-Hop the thread: Rapper to tennis player comparisons post #245

This album will be fuc*ing amazing, can't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo
Watching Serena play makes me self-conscious about the size of my biceps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo
Watching Roger play makes me feel good about my biceps.
electronicmusic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:04 PM   #248
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

who would be Federer? Lupe Fiasco?

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:29 AM   #249

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronicmusic View Post

This album will be fuc*ing amazing, can't wait!
great teaser. Beautifully simple video. Loved the beat to begin the song.

Old 11-09-2011, 01:36 PM   #250
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post
who would be Federer? Lupe Fiasco?

Dr. Dre would be Federer. The smooth flow, laid back style, Mafia Don of their respective endeavors. Greatness over an extended period of time.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 01:56 PM   #251

yeah Dr.Dre would fit. I couldn't really think of one that really fit Federer. I thought about KRS-ONE.

Old 11-09-2011, 02:04 PM   #252
country flag LawrenceOfTennis
Banned!

LawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond repute

You guys listen mostly to new hip hop and it's sad.
For me rap's finest is the Golden Age. 1989-1995.
Patrick Rafter - Goldy.
Simon-Asher Roth.
Juan-Erick Sermon.
LawrenceOfTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:10 PM   #253

Nobody has mentioned Asher Roth in this thread.

Old 11-09-2011, 02:16 PM   #254
country flag LawrenceOfTennis
Banned!

LawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by out_here_grindin View Post
Nobody has mentioned Asher Roth in this thread.
yeah but I disslike him just like simon.
I love the other two players and rappers.
LawrenceOfTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:28 PM   #255

Simon and Asher Roth thats pretty good.