Hip-Hop the thread - Page 15 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-17-2011, 04:00 AM   #211
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hip-Hop the thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt =Legend View Post
Bad Meets Evil album is pretty sick, here's the lead single. Contender for hip hop song of the year in my opinion:

I think Nas has got a new album coming out this year as well, he's one of the best lyricists in the game so I expect that to be dope...
Great track. I agree that is track of the year thus far. Good to see that Royca will now get some deserved recognition.

Hopefully Nas will open his playbook and try some new things, if he goes back to his Untitled schtick it will be dissapointing.

Purple and Yellow. Meh, not a fan. I don't see why everyone is copying Wiz Khalifa's song Black and Yellow by making their own version. It's not worth copying because that was one of the worst hip hop songs of the last few years.

I love Pac as well Jon. Many rappers are better in terms of technical rapping skills but few match his heart when he raps and none match his mass appeal and following that he created.

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2011, 04:47 AM   #212

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

Part of a class I am taking this summer is having to write a paper on city recreation. So naturally I am going to focus on the hip/hop culture

Here is my intro paragraph, tell me what you think.

Quote:
In 1983 when the first hip hop centered motion picture Wild Style was released, mainstream America began to recognize a phenomenon that was sweeping the nation and America disapproved of what they saw. Inner city minority youths participating in and facilitating taboo activities that disrupted the peace of mind of a particular ciy, calling it "hip-hop". The voice of the mainstream was projected in the film's opening scene "Stop fucking around and be a man, there ain't nothing out here for you", was the words an older brother had for his younger brother in an attempt to save him from falling, from melting in the melting pot. But graffiti artist legend Lee Quinones became the voice of every minority in the inner city and pronounced the immortal words "O yes there is... This!" Enter a video montage of graffiti art set to the sounds of the head banging Subway Theme and hip hop culture was born. Not in a stable, not in a field and not in a two story house but born right on the streets of New York, with a graffiti portrait of Howard the Duck looming overhead. Hip Hop became a saving grace for many down-trodden in the ghettos. Provided a source of receration and leisure for inner city youths. It spoke their language, "Not preachin' to me, but speakin' to me in a method that was leisurly", as Common nostalgically put it in his song "I used to Love HER" which paints the picture of a young boy who fell in love with hip hop. Hip Hop may have evolved into the mainstream over the years but its roots lie in the streets."Hip Hop in Essence is Real" and for those who loved it from its beginning it will never be artificial or taboo.

Old 06-18-2011, 05:02 AM   #213

BTW new Nas. This is fire. Sounds like a more Illmatic styled song which is great news.

apparently he is doing some collaborations with old schooler Mobb Deep

Old 06-18-2011, 02:35 PM   #214
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Great intro paragraph, dude
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 06:23 PM   #215
country flag electronicmusic

electronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond repute

Nas "Get Down" @ The Roots Picnic 2011

Man, every rapper needs to perform with a live band like the Roots, it sounds much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo
Watching Serena play makes me self-conscious about the size of my biceps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo
Watching Roger play makes me feel good about my biceps.
electronicmusic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:40 AM   #216
country flag Hewitt =Legend

Hewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if any other countries other than Australia have seen this.. I think maybe HBO shows this in America.. but this is some of Chris Lilley's finest work, taking the piss out of Soulja Boy.. very tight lyrics here:

Ol' Rusty Hewitt - Keeping me moist since 1998.

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Hewitt =Legend is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:32 PM   #217

electronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond repute

The Roots for John Varvatos Fall/Winter 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo
Old 07-12-2011, 06:59 PM   #218

J. PERIOD LIVE MIXTAPE FT. BLACK THOUGHT: BLOWHIPHOPTV.COM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo
Old 07-20-2011, 09:13 AM   #219

The ILLZ - In Between Us (Remix)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo
Old 07-20-2011, 01:49 PM   #220

The ILLZ - ILLYTAL (Portishead Remix)

The ILLZ - Turpentine Weed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo

Last edited by electronicmusic : 07-20-2011 at 02:42 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:44 PM   #221
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Listened to the whole Bad Meets Evil album, the lyrical talent is overwhelming, Royce and Em absolutely kill it. Their rapping skills are sick.

Now, as for songs that I downloaded and kept on my iPod in terms of dankness and beat ferocity, I kept Echo, the single Fast Lane, and Living Proof.

That Lighters song with Bruno Mars just sucked.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:18 PM   #222

Mos Def - Quiet Dog (Live)

Too good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo
Old 07-26-2011, 02:24 PM   #223

Mos killed it. That was pretty intense

Old 08-07-2011, 09:17 PM   #224

The Throne hits stores tomorrow. Jay Z and Kanye collaboration album

here is one of the singles

Old 08-07-2011, 09:27 PM   #225
country flag LawrenceOfTennis
Banned!

LawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond repute

I've always been a Golden Age guy. Love 1989-1994 shit.
Never listened to crap like 50cent post 95 snoop or lil wayne. The likes of asher roth make hip hop sinking.
I love Cube,WC,Naughty By Nature, Crips & Bloods project 94',Tweedy Bird Loc,College Boyz, Scarface,Above the Law, Eazy E,Everlast.
LawrenceOfTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote