Mariah Carey Fans in MTF - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-28-2014, 03:03 AM   #1
country flag Delusionalist.

Delusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mariah Carey Fans in MTF

Please, don't bash or make stupid comments. (Now everyone is probably going to troll.)
Just wondering if anyone likes her.
Personally, I don't like her now, but from 1990-2005, her voice was as sweet as chocolate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham Kay View Post
Delusionalist the apprentice mod speaks solid truth.
I truly am.

Last edited by Delusionalist. : Today at 12:17 AM.
Delusionalist. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2014, 03:48 AM   #2
country flag Moonball Pusher

Moonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Mariah Carey Fans?

Are you really 14?

If so, or if not, good for you. Or not. Whatever. I don't like her but like whatever you like. Don't worry about what people say or what people on the internet say. Definitely don't seek approval from people on the internet. But do listen to what your parents say, they generally know best.

Roddick - Federer - Isner - Tsonga - Gulbis - Dimitrov - Cilic - Sock - Thiem
Tennis disgraces: Nadal, Ferrer, Fognini

Fantasy Tennis Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
Thank You Rafa.... Thank You For Everything, I Owe My Entire Life To You Rafa, You Are My God You Are My God You Are My God, My Life Is Blessed Now That You Inhibit This Earth, Thanks Rafa
Moonball Pusher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 03:57 AM   #3
country flag Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible Fan has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible Fan has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible Fan has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible Fan has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible Fan has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible Fan has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible Fan has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible Fan has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible Fan has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible Fan has a reputation beyond repute

I liked her also from about 1990-2005 coincidentally. Most of her 1990s work was most impressive to me: "Always be my baby" "Fantasy" "One Sweet Day" "Dreamlover" "All I want for Christmas is you" etc.

I also liked what I've heard from The Emancipation of Mimi. I haven't really paid attention to her recent releases though.

Hottest WTA Girls: Goerges, Ivanovic, Kirilenko, Sharapova, Wozniacki.

All-Time Hottest: Anna Chakvetadze
Invisible Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 04:03 AM   #4
country flag Moonball Pusher

Moonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond repute

That being said, I have my own reasons for disliking her.

Roddick - Federer - Isner - Tsonga - Gulbis - Dimitrov - Cilic - Sock - Thiem
Tennis disgraces: Nadal, Ferrer, Fognini

Fantasy Tennis Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
Thank You Rafa.... Thank You For Everything, I Owe My Entire Life To You Rafa, You Are My God You Are My God You Are My God, My Life Is Blessed Now That You Inhibit This Earth, Thanks Rafa
Moonball Pusher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 04:24 AM   #5

Delusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisible Fan View Post
I liked her also from about 1990-2005 coincidentally. Most of her 1990s work was most impressive to me: "Always be my baby" "Fantasy" "One Sweet Day" "Dreamlover" "All I want for Christmas is you" etc.

I also liked what I've heard from The Emancipation of Mimi. I haven't really paid attention to her recent releases though.
I have listened to all her albums besides E=MC2. Gave it a go, but didn't like it. Imperfect Angel and Me. were good, though.

Quote:
I truly am.
Old 09-28-2014, 07:14 AM   #6
country flag Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible Fan has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible Fan has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible Fan has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible Fan has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible Fan has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible Fan has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible Fan has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible Fan has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible Fan has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible Fan has a reputation beyond repute

I've heard bad things about E=Mc2. I have only heard the singles which were ok but I have put off listening to the full album by the bad reviews.

Hottest WTA Girls: Goerges, Ivanovic, Kirilenko, Sharapova, Wozniacki.

All-Time Hottest: Anna Chakvetadze
Invisible Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 07:54 AM   #7
country flag MachineGun

MachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not a fan by any means, but she has some solid tracks and some fairly good albums. (I've got all her albums, funnily enough.) And I certainly think she's been vastly underrated the past years. She is and has never been a trend-setter, but she does her thing and won't follow trends; so that's good in my book, she sticks to what she likes to do.
She's not a lyrical genius, and even though she writes juvenile stuff she almost always sounds honest (her material from the album Butterfly to now is a lot more heartfelt than the previous stuff though), as cringe as the lyrics might sound. So I'll give her that. And, boy, can she sing! She probably overuses her super high notes, but they are godly most of the time.

From her very successful years, songs like "Vanishing", "Can't Let Go", "Fantasy", "Always Be My Baby", "When I Saw You", "Honey", "The Roof" are goodies that any honest person should like.
From her less successful years, she has many (known or unknown) gems too. Not recognized as much as the 'classic' material, but they're really worth it: "Twister", "Lullaby", "We Belong Together", "I'll Be Lovin' U Long Time", "It's a Wrap", "#Beautiful", ...

She's been fun to listen to, actually. Her over-the-top ridiculousness is quite entertaining. The music and lyrics combo is often very powerful, because of it. Check this out:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariah Carey
Betcha gon' know oh how it feels, (when I get you back)
Betcha gon' know oh how it feels, (when your heart's been cracked)
Betcha gon' know oh how it feels, (when we fade to black)
How it feels for real.

This is for real, for real, for real.
Oprah Winfrey - whole segment - for real, for real.
20/20, Barbara Walters - for real, for real.
60 minutes, for real.

Baby, I had all my trust in you and look at what you put me through!
You got me all crazy...
Somewhere, down the line, your gon' get what you deserve! You fucking jerk.
Your were supposed to save me, my sweet baby.

Now we are fading away...
But you're gonna know how this feels,
Even if it's the last thing I ever do.
To be continued...
some lyrics from "Betcha Gon' Know"

Praise the Goddess! I mean, come on! This is so bad it's good. Why? Because the lyrics are over-the-top and she sings them so convincingly, wow. The music is equally strong in a melancholic, over-the-top cheese (those synths, haha).
Another, from the same album, Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel (which is good, if you're ready to accept that not everyone is interested in producing "cool music"):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariah Carey
If I ever misrepresented
My self-image then I'm sorry;
I was oh so acquiescent.
But I learn my lesson. Boy, you're sorry.
Buh buh buh, all out in the open.
Don't make me go call Maury Povich!

Let me take a breath (let me take a breath) and regain my composure.
Told you one more time (told you one more time): if you F-ed up it's over.
When it's gone, it's gone, it's gone, it's gone, it's gone.
You're dead wrong, so wrong, so wrong, so wrong.
So just do do do, do do do, baby

It's a wrap for you baby, (it's a wrap)
It's a wrap for you boy. (it's a wrap)
Oh, baby...

Put all of your shit in the elevator,
It's going down like a denominator.
Trying to keep holding on, holding on - Boy, let me go!
You gonna wake my neighbors... Get away from my door!
That was your last shot, you ain't coming back!
It's the Martini - I mean it baby: it's a wrap!
some lyrics from "It's a Wrap"

And her last album's cover is just another demonstration of her absurdity:

The title? Too good: Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse , no joke! Fantastic.

Seriously, she's really cool! She's completely ridiculous, in both a bad and good way. And she's good with it. So respect where it's due.

Smoking the Rosmalen grass
and rolling in the Stuttgart silt.

> Patron Saint of MTF's collective Desire <

Last edited by MachineGun : 09-28-2014 at 08:05 AM.
MachineGun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 09:43 AM   #8
country flag latso

latso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond repute

big fan right here.

For me she is an extraterrestrial of music, several miles above whoever comes second.

A gift.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauletekis View Post
there won't be many WC matches that are going to be played at the same time of Wimby, but if I have to choose, WC will always come first by a long shot. Even if it's Argelia vs. South Korea.
no shit..

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0B1S View Post
Both as long as they don't overlap, but when they do - it's world cup every time for me.
NID
latso is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 12:53 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineGun View Post
I'm not a fan by any means, but she has some solid tracks and some fairly good albums. (I've got all her albums, funnily enough.) And I certainly think she's been vastly underrated the past years. She is and has never been a trend-setter, but she does her thing and won't follow trends; so that's good in my book, she sticks to what she likes to do.
She's not a lyrical genius, and even though she writes juvenile stuff she almost always sounds honest (her material from the album Butterfly to now is a lot more heartfelt than the previous stuff though), as cringe as the lyrics might sound. So I'll give her that. And, boy, can she sing! She probably overuses her super high notes, but they are godly most of the time.

From her very successful years, songs like "Vanishing", "Can't Let Go", "Fantasy", "Always Be My Baby", "When I Saw You", "Honey", "The Roof" are goodies that any honest person should like.
From her less successful years, she has many (known or unknown) gems too. Not recognized as much as the 'classic' material, but they're really worth it: "Twister", "Lullaby", "We Belong Together", "I'll Be Lovin' U Long Time", "It's a Wrap", "#Beautiful", ...

She's been fun to listen to, actually. Her over-the-top ridiculousness is quite entertaining. The music and lyrics combo is often very powerful, because of it. Check this out:

some lyrics from "Betcha Gon' Know"

Praise the Goddess! I mean, come on! This is so bad it's good. Why? Because the lyrics are over-the-top and she sings them so convincingly, wow. The music is equally strong in a melancholic, over-the-top cheese (those synths, haha).
Another, from the same album, Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel (which is good, if you're ready to accept that not everyone is interested in producing "cool music"):

some lyrics from "It's a Wrap"

And her last album's cover is just another demonstration of her absurdity:

The title? Too good: Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse , no joke! Fantastic.

Seriously, she's really cool! She's completely ridiculous, in both a bad and good way. And she's good with it. So respect where it's due.
I love the lyrics from It's a Wrap. They are just laugh-out-loud hilarious. Her lyrics nowadays are extremely diva-ish. Even though it's cringeworthy at times, you gotta love her.

Quote:
I truly am.