Suggestion - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-11-2009, 03:12 AM   #1
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Clydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Suggestion

How about explaining to users why a thread has been deleted, as opposed to just yanking it from the forum without a word of warning?

That's twice in the space of 10 minutes that a perfectly acceptable discussion has been removed and no one has the first clue why. An explanation would be nice.
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2009, 03:18 AM   #2
country flag SheepleBuster

SheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydey View Post
How about explaining to users why a thread has been deleted, as opposed to just yanking it from the forum without a word of warning?

That's twice in the space of 10 minutes that a perfectly acceptable discussion has been removed and no one has the first clue why. An explanation would be nice.
I double that. It's unacceptable. We come here to discuss issues related to tennis. Why remove Isner's thread?

Suarez & Nadal : True Trailblazers in Sports

Arjen Robben ... Soccer's version of ATP's biggest faker!
SheepleBuster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:59 AM   #3
country flag Black Adam

Black Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed.

Quote:
Liverpool FC need to return to the good old days when the players were born and bred locally. Dalglish, Keegan, McDermott, Kennedy, Lawrenson, Hansen, Grobelaar, Toshack, Molby ........ or were they just the Chelsea of the 70's buying the best talent available in the market?
Black Adam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 04:37 AM   #4
country flag RagingLamb
Motherhater

RagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond repute

The Isner thread has been merged with Equal prize money debate thread.

I'm not sure what other thread disappeared.

edit: that is an interesting suggestion. Maybe we can do this for threads where there might be some confusion regarding how the rules apply, as opposed to the obvious cases e.g. "Hey guys! Nike shoes 10% off!!!!" where I'm sure most people wouldn't need an explanation.

On the other hand, most users do ask about threads in the questions section when they're not sure why their thread disappeared. And that almost works out to be the same thing.

Last edited by RagingLamb : 09-11-2009 at 04:55 AM.
RagingLamb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 05:25 AM   #5
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

A suggestion here. Whoever suspected his/her thread is gone, do a search for posts of yourself. If the thread is merged with another with no redirect, you can find where it's gone. And if you can't find the post, the thread is deleted.

e.g. I can click on 'Lee' on the left here next to the Canada flag, then click 'find more posts by Lee'
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:37 PM   #6
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Clydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingLamb View Post
The Isner thread has been merged with Equal prize money debate thread.

I'm not sure what other thread disappeared.

edit: that is an interesting suggestion. Maybe we can do this for threads where there might be some confusion regarding how the rules apply, as opposed to the obvious cases e.g. "Hey guys! Nike shoes 10% off!!!!" where I'm sure most people wouldn't need an explanation.

On the other hand, most users do ask about threads in the questions section when they're not sure why their thread disappeared. And that almost works out to be the same thing.
I think the best thing to do would be to leave a post in the thread that's going to be deleted. Wait 5-10 minutes so that people get a chance to see it, and then delete the thread.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:42 PM   #7
country flag Black Adam

Black Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond repute

A PM to the thread starter would be better, explaining why his/her thread's been deleted.

Quote:
Liverpool FC need to return to the good old days when the players were born and bred locally. Dalglish, Keegan, McDermott, Kennedy, Lawrenson, Hansen, Grobelaar, Toshack, Molby ........ or were they just the Chelsea of the 70's buying the best talent available in the market?
Black Adam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:52 PM   #8
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adam View Post
A PM to the thread starter would be better, explaining why his/her thread's been deleted.
That would leave all the other thread's participants wondering what happened.