2009 U.S. Hard Court Season - Come on Robby it's the U.S. & Hard Courts you can WIN! - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-13-2009, 05:53 AM   #1

Default 2009 U.S. Hard Court Season - Come on Robby it's the U.S. & Hard Courts you can WIN!

Well Robby got a W/C into the Tournament at Indy But I have to admit I made the thread title sound more positive than I actually feel about Robby's play
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2009, 05:29 AM   #2
country flag rege

rege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2009 U.S. Hard Court Season - Come on Robby it's the U.S. & Hard Courts you can W

Robby drew a qualifier in the first round. Overall, the field looks fairly weak in Indy... I know that doesn't mean anything, but at least he's not stuck with someone like Hewitt right off the bat.
rege is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 07:40 AM   #3
country flag DartMarcus

DartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2009 U.S. Hard Court Season - Come on Robby it's the U.S. & Hard Courts you can W

Good luck to Robby

Brian Baker - Steve Johnson - Lleyton Hewitt - Robby Ginepri - Carlos Berlocq - Tommy Haas - Ivo Karlovic - Richard Gasquet - Kevin Anderson - David Ferrer - Michael Russell - Fabio Fognini - Michael Llodra - Oliver Rochus - Dustin Brown - Somdev Devvarman
DartMarcus is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 01:15 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rege View Post
Robby drew a qualifier in the first round. Overall, the field looks fairly weak in Indy... I know that doesn't mean anything, but at least he's not stuck with someone like Hewitt right off the bat.
I agree with you rege a "fairly weak" field means nothing when it comes to Robby's tennis playing With other players that "fairly weak" field could mean a lot, but NOT our Robbie
Old 07-22-2009, 03:16 AM   #5

Robby is playing S. de Chaunac who I have never heard of. Robby did win the 1st Set 7-5 The 2nd Set is just starting.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:29 AM   #6

The 2nd Set is 1 all. I don't think I'll have a chance to be back in here. So I'll leave with my fingers crossed that Robby will win a Match for a change
Old 07-22-2009, 05:16 AM   #7
country flag rege

rege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond repute

7-5, 5-7, 6-2... Schwank is up next.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:17 AM   #8

Well two surprises--1) I did make it back here and even better 2) Robby did win the Match The only downside was it took him 3 Sets to win the Match The score was 7-5, 5-7, and 6-2.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:23 AM   #9

Quote:
7-5, 5-7, 6-2... Schwank is up next.
rege you beat my post by ONE minute However, mine was the longer post Now we can just wonder if Robby can win two Matches in a row
Old 07-23-2009, 02:34 AM   #10
country flag Ozone

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute

Nice win Robby!!

BAGHDATIS | GASQUET | DOCTOR IVO | TIPSY

JOHN | KENDO | RUSSELL | BAKES | GINEPRI | SAM | SWEETING |MARDY | SMEE

JBlock Forever
Ozone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 06:17 AM   #11
country flag rege

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
rege you beat my post by ONE minute However, mine was the longer post
I know!

I was actually happy Robby had to go three sets. He has completely imploded after blowing leads as of late, so I think it's important for him to be able to come back and win the set.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:01 AM   #12

Some more good news Robby is playing Doubles with John Isner and they won their Match I'm sorry I forgot the score
Old 07-23-2009, 08:05 AM   #13

Quote:
I know!

I was actually happy Robby had to go three sets. He has completely imploded after blowing leads as of late, so I think it's important for him to be able to come back and win the set.
You know rege now that I think about it you are probably right--that it was good that he could come back. But still the talent level he was facing wasn't that good either. I'm glad he and John won their Doubles Match because it is giving Robby more Tournament court time which is something he badly needs IMHO.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:46 AM   #14

rege Robby must be getting into coming from behind in his Matches. He defeated Schwank 6-7, 6-3, and 6-0 I love the bagel
Old 07-24-2009, 06:50 AM   #15
country flag rege

Looks like Robby took a little time out to have some fun, too...

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...ball-Game.aspx