Need some help for sure, video inside - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-22-2009, 03:27 PM   #1
country flag wy2sl0

wy2sl0 is on a distinguished road
Default Need some help for sure, video inside

This is my first time recording myself. This is only my second year playing once to twice a week, so I am not expecting anything being perfect. I have realized recently that I may be practicing wrong, or may be developing my stroke wrong. I find that I can't get good topspin on low balls with my SW forehand, and this leads to inconsistency. Only when the ball bounces high do I get good spin, however me being 5'8" and 125lbs I do not have the power to put away opponents when the ball is high like that. In the video im not hitting that hard, it was more just to record my forehand to analyze it. Im open to hearing suggestions, since I am still an intermediate/beginner player. My racquet is a full poly setup at 60lbs, so that is another reason I have to swing hard to get the ball to move. I didnt like the feeling of swinging out and seeing the ball sail. Thanks for any help in advance;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBn8LqMgkQo

P.S I curl my forehand across in circular motion but sometimes only after I have hit a flat shot, and that is not working well for me, so I know I am doing something wrong with the technique to be happening after the ball has left my racquet :-S
wy2sl0 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2009, 05:48 PM   #2
country flag Ilovetheblues_86

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need some help for sure, video inside

I think its missing more power- take away at least 5 lbs from your poli, it doesn´t give enough power to your shots.
Also I think its missing a better stance of legs, but other than that I can´t say much.
Ah, bend more your knees, and try to hit the ball more from above it, to generate more top spin.

MAY THE SPIRIT OF KOSTAS PROTECT US

Last edited by Ilovetheblues_86 : 08-22-2009 at 05:58 PM.
Ilovetheblues_86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 07:40 PM   #3
country flag wy2sl0

wy2sl0 is on a distinguished road

Power isnt exactly the problem, as I said I am not swinging or trying to swing that hard. I coil alot more during a rally.

You are right about the strings though thank you.
wy2sl0 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 10:07 PM   #4
country flag Ozone

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute

You are just pulling out of your shots to early. Keep your body weight moving toward your target longer. Nice stuff though

BAGHDATIS | GASQUET | DOCTOR IVO | TIPSY

JOHN | KENDO | RUSSELL | BAKES | GINEPRI | SAM | SWEETING |MARDY | SMEE

JBlock Forever
Ozone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:01 AM   #5
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Would be interested seeing you hit against someone rather than the wall, because it is really tough to see how spin and such are affecting your shot on court. I mean cause in reality these can be sailing way long and the problem could be trying to bring the ball down more and vise versa.