Fedal Fans UNITE! :D - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-04-2010, 09:52 AM   #121
country flag tennisfox

tennisfox has a reputation beyond reputetennisfox has a reputation beyond reputetennisfox has a reputation beyond reputetennisfox has a reputation beyond reputetennisfox has a reputation beyond reputetennisfox has a reputation beyond reputetennisfox has a reputation beyond reputetennisfox has a reputation beyond reputetennisfox has a reputation beyond reputetennisfox has a reputation beyond reputetennisfox has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fedal Fans UNITE! :D

Roger liked it so much that...
tennisfox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2010, 10:08 AM   #122
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

^^ - wow, thanks for the picture!

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 04:11 PM   #123
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.eltiempo.com/deportes/ten...ales_7526167-1

Quote:
Sitting next to his agent Carlos Costa, Rafa was watching and supporting Roger in some of his matches at the Miami Masters applauding again and again the no more surprising play of his friend. Rafa is quoted: “For me it's fun to watch him play. I love this sport and to me it seems very nice seeing him return to the courts. He has worked so hard and if we ever meet again, I'm ready to lose against him, nothing will change between the two of us”

A volunteer in Miami says:

"They sometimes leave together, sign some autographs and get in their cars, not without saying goodbye with a strong hug. They are very cute, very nice!´ says Hernandez. ´I am responsible for delivering the cars to everyone. But sometimes they get in the car of the other one and drive away together, talking. You notice the good vibes that exist between the two of them. But that's not all; in some matches of Rafa, Robert, Roger's father, has been seen cheering for him" affirms Hernandez.

Repeated calls, constant meals and mutual congratulations are some of the characteristics between the Swiss and the Spanish, who certainly didn´t overlook the birth of Federer´s twins (Charlene Riva and Myla Rose), who received a gift coming from Mallorca with a card signed with the personal “Rafa”, in July of last year.
Rafa's dad was also seen in Miami cheering for Roger and their families exchange Christmas cards

Last edited by Arkulari : 04-05-2010 at 12:24 AM.
Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 04:20 PM   #124
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post
http://www.eltiempo.com/deportes/ten...ales_7526167-1

Rafa's dad was also seen in Miami cheering for Roger and their families exchange Christmas cards
Thanks for that Nat! A present for the twins? Now where did I get that idea from, not that long ago?

Anathema

Old 04-04-2010, 07:04 PM   #125
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

Old 04-04-2010, 08:32 PM   #126
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

That's awesome, didn't know that their friendship was that deep. It's one of the greatest rivalries in the sport, with no doubt.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic provisional nº2

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:30 AM   #127
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
That's awesome, didn't know that their friendship was that deep. It's one of the greatest rivalries in the sport, with no doubt.
I guess when it comes to a rivalry, being heralded as one of the greatest in sports ever, to the point where you, Player #1, will always see your name connected with Player #2, who happens to be RIVAL #1 - there´s merely two ways to go from there - either you´ll despise that other guy forever, or, Alternative #1, you'll manage to appreciate that fellow as only adding to your legacy, and develop some kind of a respecting, friendly relationship.

It's bloody obvious which of the two extremes Federer and Nadal have chosen to follow by now - if you're not a hater of either of the two, it's clear to see for anyone.
These fellows like and respect each other, and rightly so.

This is Navratilova/Evert all over again, rather than Connors/McEnroe and/or Sampras/Agassi, as became mighty obvious lately.

And I love it.

Anathema

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 04-06-2010 at 12:40 AM.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:49 AM   #128
Anathemaniac

And for this particular case, I guess 'the deck was decided right from the start'. (I'm a semi-pro bridge player )

May it continue... soon!!!

Anathema

Old 04-07-2010, 03:27 PM   #129
country flag icedevil0289

icedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond repute

an article on the fedal rivalry. something for you fedal fangirls to drool over.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...s-to-greatness
Old 04-07-2010, 04:02 PM   #130
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Usha thank you soooooooooo much

Quote:
Nadal has the same desire, the same drive. He is Gene Kelly to Federer’s Fred Astaire: the hard work is there to see in the energy, the muscle, and the sweat. But listen to Ginger Rogers describe the training regime of her famous partner and decide whether Astaire was any less driven than the more overtly athletic Kelly.

Nadal is like an energetic young brother emulating a high-achieving older sibling, blessed with the same work ethic, the same desire, but with different tools.
Quote:
Nadal, though, has sat alongside chairman Federer on the Players’ Council. He’s worked at his English in order to become more confident in interviews. He comes to watch the older man play his matches.

They have set new standards in tennis PR, in media responsibilities, and in breaking down the barriers between the cash-paying fans and the players.

Ambassadors par excellence.

Bottom line, they are both serial winners who have together taken the game to new levels. They have even introduced new shots to the game: Rafa’s lasso forehand, Roger’s reverse cross-court slice, lifted verbatim from the squash court.

So the rivalry is not so much a stick with which to beat each other up but rather a measuring stick.

Old 04-09-2010, 12:35 AM   #131
country flag Persimmon

Persimmon has a reputation beyond reputePersimmon has a reputation beyond reputePersimmon has a reputation beyond reputePersimmon has a reputation beyond reputePersimmon has a reputation beyond reputePersimmon has a reputation beyond reputePersimmon has a reputation beyond reputePersimmon has a reputation beyond reputePersimmon has a reputation beyond reputePersimmon has a reputation beyond reputePersimmon has a reputation beyond repute

Persimmon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:11 AM   #132
country flag Jills

Jills has a reputation beyond reputeJills has a reputation beyond reputeJills has a reputation beyond reputeJills has a reputation beyond reputeJills has a reputation beyond reputeJills has a reputation beyond reputeJills has a reputation beyond reputeJills has a reputation beyond reputeJills has a reputation beyond reputeJills has a reputation beyond reputeJills has a reputation beyond repute

This Fedal thing is weird. I'm not a big fan of either guy, but I just don't see this imagined relationship. They're pros who are friendly with eachother, that's it.

The Rafa/Fed fan rivalry doesn't exist because Rafa and Fed are the two current dominating players. It exists bc they're totally opposite in terms of game, personality, looks, demeanor, etc. Fairly easy to see how if someone likes Rafa they wouldn't like Fed or vice versa. The only thing they have in common is they both win a lot. Perfect for people who like vicarious glory, you simply can't lose.

Del Potro ~ Tsonga ~ Simon ~ Chardy ~ Verdasco ~ Djokovic ~ Gasquet

The Federror #1 reign is over for good. The king is dead. Praise Odin!!
Jills is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:16 AM   #133
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

http://www.corriere.it/sport/10_apri...4f02aabe.shtml

Quote:
What does the beautiful rivalry with Federer teach you?

"For me it´s important to have someone so strong and talented in front of me. Roger is a much more complete tennis player than I am: to beat him I had to improve, to raise the bar of my tennis, to bring out the best of me. He helps me to do so."

Is it true that you often write messages to each other?

"I have his number, we know each other since many years, we get in touch for congratulations, greetings, compliments. It´s a cordial, respectful relationship. When he won Paris in 2009, I wrote him: I really was happy for him because he deserved it."

Old 04-18-2010, 07:46 AM   #134
country flag andy neyer
Banned!

andy neyer has a reputation beyond reputeandy neyer has a reputation beyond reputeandy neyer has a reputation beyond reputeandy neyer has a reputation beyond reputeandy neyer has a reputation beyond reputeandy neyer has a reputation beyond reputeandy neyer has a reputation beyond reputeandy neyer has a reputation beyond reputeandy neyer has a reputation beyond reputeandy neyer has a reputation beyond reputeandy neyer has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have anything against Rafa or Federer but I must say I hate this "friendly" rivalry thing. Why? Because it's damn boring.

Bring back Connors vs McEnroe, at least those guys made things interesting off the court!
andy neyer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:04 PM   #135
country flag Roamed

Roamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond repute

Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the top?

Roger // Rafa // Raonic // Söderling // Goffin // Ivo // Wawrinka // Baker // Delpo
Roamed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote