2009 Montréal Masters 'Battle of the Boards' pick 'em contest - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-08-2009, 05:03 PM   #1
country flag steven

steven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2009 Montréal Masters 'Battle of the Boards' pick 'em contest

The MONTREAL MASTERS 'BATTLE OF THE BOARDS' PICK 'EM contest is now open for entries at http://www.britishtennis.net/Competitions.html

Qualifiers will be placed sometime late on Sunday evening (though you are welcome to enter before that) and entries will close at 15.00 GMT / 17.00 CET / 11 am US EDT on MONDAY.

The competition works like FITD on here or the ATP Bracket Challenge (so you can enter in a couple of minutes by re-using your picks for either of those contests) but with a different scoring system (which balances the effects of rounds a bit more) and a team element - as well as playing for the individual title, you can compete against RogerFederer.com, AndyMurray.com, AndyRoddick.com, BritishTennis.net, etc, to help MTF to win the team title too.

There is also a Hall of Fame and an overall year-round ranking system - your best 7 scores from up to 9 tournaments count, with slam scores allowed to count twice, so you actually end up counting 7 scores from 13.

MTF have had a bit of a nightmare in recent slams but have been doing better in the recent Masters events, winning Miami earlier this year and a 2nd to last finish in the equivalent competition to this one last year means that as a team you have little to lose and much to gain.

MTF's top five in the overall individual rankings are Björki (WR 43), amalyn (WR 57), MC (WR 123), qczi (WR 179) and Snoo Foo (WR 187)

Good luck!
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2009, 06:03 PM   #2
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2009 Montréal Masters 'Battle of the Boards' pick 'em contest

Wish I had known at the beginning of the year!
Old 08-09-2009, 02:06 AM   #3
country flag FERNET

FERNET has a reputation beyond reputeFERNET has a reputation beyond reputeFERNET has a reputation beyond reputeFERNET has a reputation beyond reputeFERNET has a reputation beyond reputeFERNET has a reputation beyond reputeFERNET has a reputation beyond reputeFERNET has a reputation beyond reputeFERNET has a reputation beyond reputeFERNET has a reputation beyond reputeFERNET has a reputation beyond repute

Come on MTF team
F: (14) MIAMI (13) KUALA LUMPUR (11) RG, MARSEILLE, BASTAD, MONTREAL (10) BELGRADE (09) PARIS, BANGKOK, CARSON CH (08) FERGANA CH
DOBLES
W: (14) ACAPULCO(13) KUALA LUMPUR, ATLANTA, EASTBOURNE, BARCELONA (12) BARCELONA (W/ Gallina)(10) BRISBANE (W/ Davidcuervacho) (09) DELRAY BEACH (W/ Gallina), SOFIA CH (08) SOFIA CH (W/ kai-soad), POZNAN CH, CORDENONS CH (W/ Davidcuervacho)
F: (14) HAMBURG, SYDNEY(13) ROTTERDAM (12) TOKIO (W/ Gallina) (11) CHENNAI (10) PARIS (W/ Maru angi) (08) RECANATI CH (W/ Exponente), ISTANBUL CH, WACO CH, MONS CH, NASHVILLE CH (W/ Davidcuervacho)
FERNET is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 09:37 AM   #4
country flag Kamui010

Kamui010 has a reputation beyond reputeKamui010 has a reputation beyond reputeKamui010 has a reputation beyond reputeKamui010 has a reputation beyond reputeKamui010 has a reputation beyond reputeKamui010 has a reputation beyond reputeKamui010 has a reputation beyond reputeKamui010 has a reputation beyond reputeKamui010 has a reputation beyond reputeKamui010 has a reputation beyond reputeKamui010 has a reputation beyond repute

Can i play this game? or do i need to do something to get in?

Thanks.
Kamui010 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 09:59 PM   #5
country flag steven

steven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond repute

The entry form now has qualifiers placed, just over 17 hours to go (entries close at 15.00 GMT = 4 pm UK = 11 am US EDT on Monday), so if you've been waiting for the qualifiers before you enter, there's nothing to stop you now - good luck!

http://www.britishtennis.net/Competitions.html

Jaydu (AM.com team) has come up with a 'Muppet detector' if you need some inspiration! (sadly a couple of the 'red' ones are not playing this time)

Definition of Muppet:

(1) a type of puppet
(2) a tennis player of huge but flaky talent who habitually flops when you pick him then has a wonder run just when you've finally given up on him and put him out in R1, thus starting the whole sorry cycle off all over again ...

During day 1 (while we sort out all the entries and set up the results pages), there will probably be a few mini-updates on twitter at http://twitter.com/botb1 and I will also post there when the full results pages start to appear on the site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
Wish I had known at the beginning of the year!
If you mean because of the overall rankings, don't worry, they're only a small extra thing. Also, they roll round like the ATP ones so if you start now, you'll have a full 12 months of tournaments by the end of Wimbledon next year! In fact, you only need to count 3 Slams and a Masters or 2 slams and 3 Masters (etc), so you could have a full complement of 7 counting scores by the end of the AO if you play Montreal (there isn't one for Cincy), USO, Shanghai, Paris & the AO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui010 View Post
Can i play this game? or do i need to do something to get in?

Thanks.
You don't need to do anything special to get in (except fill in the entry form obviously) and it's just a bit of fun so you don't need to be 'picked' by anyone to join the MTF team, just pick the MTF option from the teams dropdown on the entry form.

Last edited by steven : 08-09-2009 at 10:19 PM.
steven is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 02:36 PM   #6
country flag steven

14 of you entered in the end and you had a return towards the old MTF R1 form on day 1, ending the day 44th out of 13 with Björki, Derevko & savestheday91 just 2 points off the individual leaders in 14= (out of 272) and all but three of the rest of you a point further back.

If you want to follow the scores from now on, http://www.britishtennis.net/Competitions.html is still the link to work from.