US Open Series 2009 - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-11-2009, 01:04 AM   #31
country flag Ciarán.

Ciarán. has a reputation beyond reputeCiarán. has a reputation beyond reputeCiarán. has a reputation beyond reputeCiarán. has a reputation beyond reputeCiarán. has a reputation beyond reputeCiarán. has a reputation beyond reputeCiarán. has a reputation beyond reputeCiarán. has a reputation beyond reputeCiarán. has a reputation beyond reputeCiarán. has a reputation beyond reputeCiarán. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US Open Series 2009

He's back
Ciarán. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2009, 02:09 AM   #32
country flag krn81

krn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond repute

Good return

I could not see the match, I could not get up, so happy i could see next round
krn81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:04 AM   #33
country flag PinkFeatherBoa

PinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond repute

Good to see Gael back again.

Maybe the sky will fall?
Allez Gasquet~Mathieu~Wawrinka~Mannarino~+++
PinkFeatherBoa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:35 AM   #34
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Marco's match report in the tournament sub:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...3&postcount=53
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 07:47 PM   #35
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

His knee is quite worrying again. Articles says he was putting ice on his knee after the match and he says he wasn't sure to play Montreal. But it had been such a long break already, he really wanted to come back.
He says a surgery would really help, but since he can play with it if he follows all the required treatements, it doesn't sound like he considers the surgery option right now.

I didn't notice he was hampered in his movement yesterday. He looked quite rusty to me, but I thought that he was at least moving well.

Ferrero now, they've never played before.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:08 AM   #36
country flag Truc

G. MONFILS/M. Safin
6-2, 3-6, 6-2

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Your first match in quite a while. How did you feel out there?
GAËL MONFILS: It was -- I mean, I was pretty excited because it was the first match in two months. I feel great.
I mean, I didn't really expect to play that good today. I mean, I served pretty good, high percentage. I have a good return. Physically I feel comfortable on the court, so I was pretty happy with my performance today.

Q. How is the knee?
GAËL MONFILS: It's been good. It's been good. I received a lot of treatment since two months, and now I get used to play with, and now I know likewise my limit and where I can push it, so it's okay.

Q. You do a lot of the splits and things on court. Of course, it's fun to watch, but do you get told that maybe if you didn't do that so much you'd be injured less often?
GAËL MONFILS: But if I didn't do that, I will not win the point. I mean, it's part of me. It's my nature to play like that, to slide and -- I mean, when I saw the ball, I mean, I don't even think, oh, yeah, shit, I'm going to make the slide and it's going to be fun. I just do it, because I know it's the way I can reach the ball. It's part of me.
So if you take out this, I think I will be not the same player what I am.

Q. You had a couple of good matches with Marat this year. Is he still fun to play and playing at a good level?
GAËL MONFILS: Yeah. I mean, I really like to play against him. I mean, first of all, I have great respect for this player. He had a great career.
Now he's got old, so maybe it's tough for him not to play like his best level every week, but, yeah, I mean, he's dangerous. I mean, he was up a set and break, so we never know. In one match he can play very, very strong. I mean, I'm very happy to win tonight.

Q. What about as a person? Did you look up to him when you were younger?
GAËL MONFILS: Yeah, yeah. I mean, I used to, with my friends, to watch him when he was young. He have a very good personality. I think he don't enjoy it on the court even sometime. He can be loony, smash his racquet and speak a lot.
But I mean, he had great tennis, and I mean, he have a lot of talent. Of course when I was younger I did like to watch him.

http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=58341
Old 08-12-2009, 07:09 AM   #37
country flag Truc

He's patient, I would be much more sarcastic if I was asked for the 1453th time: "do you get told that maybe if you didn't do that so much you'd be injured less often?" People really treat him as an idiot.

Not before 13:00 today (19:00 for us).
Old 08-12-2009, 07:28 AM   #38
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
Ferrero now, they've never played before.
Should be interesting. I saw Ferrero against Hewitt, and he was good. So I think a sterner test than Marat is awaiting Gael, and after that we'll know where he stands. Defending won't be good enough, Ferrero can go on endlessly in ralllies waiting patiently for the short ball to strike.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:50 AM   #39
country flag Truc

He is the underdog for the bookies, he has odds over 2.2 on Betfair.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:19 PM   #40
country flag lisaplenske

lisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond repute

good luck gael!

Tsonga - Simon - Monfils - Mathieu - Chardy - Baghdatis
Mannarino - Safin - Santoro - Gulbis- Nishikori
lisaplenske is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 06:02 PM   #41
country flag Tess Gray

Tess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond repute

Gael 5-2 down so far. JCF is playing very well.
Tess Gray is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 06:07 PM   #42
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

I am staying away from here today.I am in the other camp.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 08-12-2009, 06:10 PM   #43
country flag Tess Gray

Tess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin View Post
I am staying away from here today.I am in the other camp.
that's so mean! Well, you're winning so far
Tess Gray is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 06:48 PM   #44
country flag Puschkin

great point for Gael to 15-30 at 5-4 second set, the rally was endless. How many shots? 40+?

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 08-12-2009, 06:56 PM   #45
country flag amdany

amdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond repute

they are both playing well right now
amdany is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote