Cycling: Tour of Denmark & Clasica San Sebastian - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-29-2009, 03:35 AM   #1
country flag Bolar Bolabi

Bolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cycling: Tour of Denmark & Clasica San Sebastian

4 units Jakob Fuglsang @ $3.50

Jakob is an up and coming talent and has big things ahead of him in his career. The defending champion, I give him the edge again in a tough route.

His main danger is the man who won the last stage of the Giro this year, Ignatas Konovalovas.

Thoughts on San Sebastian will come in a few days but I give the edge there to Valverde who is $4.

Winner: Sydney
SF: Kooyong

Bolar Bolabi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2009, 03:52 AM   #2

Bolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cycling: Tour of Denmark & Clasica San Sebastian

.5 units Mauro Finetto @ $51

The Italian might be a danger too!

Old 07-29-2009, 04:20 AM   #3
country flag Olao

Olao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolar Bolabi View Post

Jakob is an up and coming talent and has big things ahead of him in his career. The defending champion, I give him the edge again in a tough route.

His main danger is the man who won the last stage of the Giro this year, Ignatas Konovalovas.

Thoughts on San Sebastian will come in a few days but I give the edge there to Valverde who is $4.
First, just to respond to your post the other day - don't butt in until you've learned how to be a selective punter in stead of trying to break the Aussie and World Record in posting as many bets per event as possible - value doesn't come in that many ways...

Second, regarding Fuglsang - have you thought of doing research...? Fuglsang and TSB have told media that Fuglsang is aiming at doing well in the Vuelta and that he will have a lot of support from the team there given e.g. his 6th spot in the DL.

Fuglsang says himself: "My form looks fine, but Tour of Denmark is not a race I will go 100% for. My aim is to do well in the Vuelta, therefore I've been keeping my form a bit down in order not to hit maximum form too early (compared to the Vuelta)" (source: dr.dk among others)

Could win it, could not...either way 3.50 is very far from value given these statements - and he's not the type who plays too many games in front of the media.
Olao is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 06:32 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olao View Post
First, just to respond to your post the other day - don't butt in until you've learned how to be a selective punter in stead of trying to break the Aussie and World Record in posting as many bets per event as possible - value doesn't come in that many ways...

Second, regarding Fuglsang - have you thought of doing research...? Fuglsang and TSB have told media that Fuglsang is aiming at doing well in the Vuelta and that he will have a lot of support from the team there given e.g. his 6th spot in the DL.

Fuglsang says himself: "My form looks fine, but Tour of Denmark is not a race I will go 100% for. My aim is to do well in the Vuelta, therefore I've been keeping my form a bit down in order not to hit maximum form too early (compared to the Vuelta)" (source: dr.dk among others)

Could win it, could not...either way 3.50 is very far from value given these statements - and he's not the type who plays too many games in front of the media.
Fuglsang is the best rider there without a doubt! Yes, he can concentrate on the Vuelta, but defending his home title is something he will value high aswell. You can still go 90% in a tour like this and still win it.

Like I said in my post. There are 3 possible riders that can win.

1. Fulgsang
2. Finetto
3. Konovalovas

Finetto is quality and the 15km time trial should suit him - as is Finetto who has had some solid results this year. One of those 3 win. I've gone with Fulgsang and Finetto!

Old 07-30-2009, 07:44 AM   #5

For someone who supposedly isn't going 100%, he surprised last night when he attacked the peloton with 3 other strong riders. Unfortunately the break didn't stick. You could argue that he attacked because he wanted to spare Saxo Bank the chase for Breschel, but he did look strong and was putting out a hard pace! Even if he is going 90%, he still should be too strong for everyone. Depends on the time gaps in the time trial!

Old 07-31-2009, 02:10 PM   #6

Clasica San Sebastien

Valverde to defend his title @ $4 - 6 units. - Valverde is one of the fresher riders here and has something to prove. Perfect lead up for the Vuelta if he can win this. Rode well last week too!
Valverde top 3 @ $1.80 - 4 units

Pellizotti to win @ $26 - .5 units
Kreuziger to win @ $41 - .5 units

Liquigas are taking this event very very seriously. They have come out and said they want the win. This is unfinished business, particularly for Pellizotti who came 5th last year.

I have a cracking bet in the Tour of Pologne too. Thanks to some information from a source in Poland as well as a you tube video, this bet is a nice solid one!

Old 08-02-2009, 08:35 AM   #7

Tour de Pologne

2 units Szmyd @ $29

Szmyd has said on numerous occasions that he wants this tour. He has also said that Basso is riding in support of him and in return he supports Basso at the Vuelta. He rode well in the Dauphine winning on Ventoux. Can't see why he can't win here!

Stage 1

5 units Greipel to win @ $1.80 - He gets win #15 thus catches slowly to Cavendish! I think these two have a side bet going on with who gets the most wins!

Good luck!

Old 08-02-2009, 09:29 AM   #8
country flag Straby

Straby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond repute

I'm laughing my balls off if Fuglsang holds on the the leader's jersey today.
Good luck Bolar.
Straby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 10:51 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straby View Post
I'm laughing my balls off if Fuglsang holds on the the leader's jersey today.
Good luck Bolar.
So am I! Someone is going to get pounded if he holds it. He'll hold it, Saxo Bank will defend or let the break go away. If I could bet on the stage winner, I'd bet on Allan Johansen today to get a win in his last ever race. Bet365 had the market up but didn't have Johansen in there so I didn't bother them putting it in for me. I'll just ride Fuglsang. Tonight, Saxo should let the break go if it's not too big. The team of the second rider isn't strong enough to bring the break back themselves.

Fuglsang was/is the best rider in this field. He could have ridden 50% and still won. Did you see his win in stage 3? he attacked on the final climb and did a chrono to the line!

Put it this way, if Saxo Bank can't defend this after holding it through 3 different leaders, then they are shit!

Thanks. Makes up for fucking that Spanish shit race last night! ALthough, I was almost getting excited when Kreu nearly won.

I just brought Szmyd's odds down for a mate from $26 to $10 at IASbet!

Old 08-02-2009, 12:40 PM   #10

Fuck it

Maybe it was worth getting him in the market.

No surprise to see the retiree in the break. Four men. He's 1 minute down on Fuglsang so they have no reason to chase it down that much. Just keep it around 30 seconds and let him go out with a win.

Old 08-02-2009, 02:48 PM   #11

Quote:

Firstly - I don't want to f****** see you in my f****** cycling threads again. You're a f****** moron!

Fuglsang was always going to defend this. Like I said earlier, in a 2.HC race, if there is no rider there that can match Fuglsang's quality, then how would he lose? You can ride 50% in a crap tour like this and still win.

You are a f****** idiot! Go f**** yourself and get the f*** out of my f****** threads for good!

Old 08-02-2009, 02:54 PM   #12

Quote:

Beautiful Fuglsang. Shitty tours like this are better to bet on than one day classics!

Old 08-02-2009, 03:07 PM   #13
country flag Olao

Olao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Beautiful Fuglsang. Shitty tours like this are better to bet on than one day classics!
You were right, well done, congrats.
Olao is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:36 AM   #14
country flag its.like.that
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You were right, well done, congrats.

The danish jam master jay.
its.like.that is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:41 AM   #15

Greipel wont' be upstaged by the Slovenian again, or anyone for that matter. The fact Davis, Brown and Goss weren't up there tells me that if this Borut doesn't get the jump on Greipel, Greipel will win.

7 units Greipel to win stage 2 @ $2.30

If this loses, I'll be shocked! Cav got win #20 for the season last night, Greipel is still stuck on #14. It changes tonight!