Basic single-handed backhand question - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-31-2009, 01:56 PM   #1
country flag Mhatovou

Mhatovou is on a distinguished road
Default Basic single-handed backhand question

Hi. I have a very basic question about the single-handed backhand, which I am trying to learn. I hit forehands with the semi-western grip; should I use the same face of the stringbed to hit the backhand, or should I use the other face, which is used for slicing?
Mhatovou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2009, 05:56 PM   #2
country flag Ozone

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Basic single-handed backhand question

Hello

I have a one-hander but I use more of a western forehand grip. It is easier for me to transition from my forehand grip to my backhand grip using the same face of the strings. As for you, a player with a semi-western grip, it's probably easiest for you to transition and hit with the opposite side of your racket for your backhand. You don't necessarily have to slice with the opposite side however.

BAGHDATIS | GASQUET | DOCTOR IVO | TIPSY

JOHN | KENDO | RUSSELL | BAKES | GINEPRI | SAM | SWEETING |MARDY | SMEE

JBlock Forever
Ozone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 04:49 PM   #3
country flag Mhatovou

Mhatovou is on a distinguished road

Ok, I think I understand, hopefully. Thanks
Mhatovou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 04:54 PM   #4
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhatovou View Post
Hi. I have a very basic question about the single-handed backhand, which I am trying to learn. I hit forehands with the semi-western grip; should I use the same face of the stringbed to hit the backhand, or should I use the other face, which is used for slicing?
The face you use to slice.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 09:07 PM   #5
country flag Ozone

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, the slicing face.

BAGHDATIS | GASQUET | DOCTOR IVO | TIPSY

JOHN | KENDO | RUSSELL | BAKES | GINEPRI | SAM | SWEETING |MARDY | SMEE

JBlock Forever
Ozone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote