New racquet for aggressive baseliner - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-03-2009, 09:31 PM   #1
country flag julz_122

julz_122 is on a distinguished road
Question New racquet for aggressive baseliner

Hey so I'm looking for a new racquet I currently use a babolat pure drive team but it's time to upgrade I was looking at what to get next and what would suit my style more I usually play alot of top spin with power on my forehand and like to mix it up more on my backhand. So ideally I need a racquet that offers power and control I was thinking about maybe a Wilson ksix one tour or a babolat aeropro drive cortex though they're quite different I was wondering which one would maybe suit my style more? My concern with the babolat is that it's a bit light and with the Wilson that the sweet spot is quite small but apparently it's very accurate.

So which one to go for also if you have any other recommendations please let me know
julz_122 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2009, 06:51 AM   #2
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New racquet for aggressive baseliner

the wilson k61 tour is only very accurate if you have the ability to use it. if you hit with a lot of topspin on your forehand i would assume you have quite an extreme grip, in which case the wilson 61 tour would definitely be a bad choice, as it suits players with a more classical technique. if you want to look at a wilson, check out the kobra tour instead

the aero pro drive cortex is pretty much the same as you currently have, the only differences being the aero throat shape and a slightly lower flex. these combine to help you generate a faster swing speed, more spin and more control. you could also look at other babolats, the aero storm and aero storm tour, for example. the aero storm is just a slightly smaller headsize version of the aero pro drive, and the aero storm tour is a heavier version of the aero storm. they are both spin friendly rackets, though the tour version gives more control and less power; the power comes from you.
jazar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:51 AM   #3
country flag julz_122

Ah sorry I might have phrased that wrong when I said on my forehand I have alot of topspin and power I meant that I am able to generate either as for my grip it's semi-western so not extreme at all. Basically I want a very versatile racquete as I get the feeling that the aeropro drive is all about getting loads of top spin? As for my swing style it's closer to a classical swing rather than a windscreen wiper motion. It just seems to me that the k61 is more versatile but I might go for the 95 rather than the pro as it has a larger head size and is more forgiving.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:51 PM   #4
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute

the k61 95 is one of wilsons most popular frames. its a much better frame and more control oriented than the aero pro drive and a lot easier to live with than the 61 tour
jazar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:03 PM   #5
country flag julz_122

Thanks for the input really appreciate it, I just so happened to try out the Wilson K61 95 today at practice since my coach had a spair, I fell in love with it straight away. The sweet spot though smaller than I'm used to was amazing and I was able to generate alot of power hitting the balls really deep but rarely over hitting and the control is just amazing definetly what I was looking for thanks for the help as well jazar
Old 08-13-2009, 09:59 AM   #6
country flag Heners

Heners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond repute

Price 03 or a Head Radicial
Heners is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote