•°o*Nothing is Enough for the Warrior to Whom Enough is too Little /the Castle vol.10 - Page 294 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 06:23 PM   #4396
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: •°o*Nothing is Enough for the Warrior to Whom Enough is too Little /the Castle vo

indeed CD, their music will live forever, and it's not like they only got one song, they made three Greatest Hits albums and every single song on it was a HUGE hit, they had countless #1 songs all over the world

too bad Freddy Mercury died so young

If he was still alive they would still be rocking the world with their music

and talking about Highlander, they actually made an album "A Kind of Magic" who was the Highlander soundtrack

Quote:
Some of the musicians that have cited the band as an influence include: Anthrax, Ben Folds Five, Blind Guardian, Kurt Cobain, Def Leppard, Extreme, The Killers, Foo Fighters, Green Day, Guns N' Roses, Helloween, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest,Kansas, Katy Perry, Keane , Manic Street Preachers, Marianas Trench, Marilyn Manson, Metallica, Mika, Muse, Radiohead, The Smashing Pumpkins, Styx, Lady Gaga.

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2009, 06:40 PM   #4397
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: •°o*Nothing is Enough for the Warrior to Whom Enough is too Little /the Castle vo

Manu: John Lennon was a LEGEND, and his live performances were great, but he didn't really have the personality of a Mercury or a Dickinson IMO

One thing is the music quality and another is the show quality, Queen and Iron Maiden excel in both IMO

Old 08-09-2009, 06:44 PM   #4398
country flag Pfloyd

Pfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsFedex View Post
Manu: John Lennon was a LEGEND, and his live performances were great, but he didn't really have the personality of a Mercury or a Dickinson IMO

One thing is the music quality and another is the show quality, Queen and Iron Maiden excel in both IMO
I think Pink Floyd's show were the bets in Rock N' Roll History.

John Lennon had a hell of a complex personality, constantly contradicting himself and much into shaping the world through his music, which The Beatles did more than any other group in history.

I am not denying that what Mercury did and stood for is more than admirable, but I think this is a matter of perspective.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:47 PM   #4399
country flag Pfloyd

Pfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond repute

Nat, ETA at it again, no victims this time though, luckily:

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/eu...ack/index.html
Old 08-09-2009, 06:48 PM   #4400
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

indeed Manu, it's a matter of perspective and tastes

Pink Floyd performances are legendary, I still remember when they build the Wall on their concerts, it was such an statement, not only for the Wall itself but what it represented

Waters was IMO the best lyric writer ever, but he wasn't that much of a showman

and well, David Gilmour was

these three are the most gorgeous men on rock's history and it's quite funny because I usually don't like blonde guys, but these are just

Old 08-09-2009, 06:50 PM   #4401
country flag Pfloyd

Quote:
indeed Manu, it's a matter of perspective and tastes

Pink Floyd performances are legendary, I still remember when they build the Wall on their concerts, it was such an statement, not only for the Wall itself but what it represented

Waters was IMO the best lyric writer ever, but he wasn't that much of a showman

and well, David Gilmour was

these three are the most gorgeous men on rock's history and it's quite funny because I usually don't like blonde guys, but these are just
Guns N' Roses is a great band and Axl Rose had an amazing voice.

I do not like Nirvana at all though. Way too depressive for me. "Smells Like Teen Spirit", makes me turn the station or song.

What a way to die, with a wife and kids.

Sure his personal problems were huge, and heroin is as low as you can go in terms of drug use.

But that was weak stunt on his behalf.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:50 PM   #4402
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

ETA

I totally support the US idea of dealing with these shit scum excuse of human beings, kill them all and get rid of the problem, I know it's hard and stuff, but sometimes it's the only way and they don't deserve pity or anything, because killing innocents with the excuse of a supposed "ideology" is just

I know you'd probably disagree with me Manu, but I've lost family members to these scumbags, so I simply cannot close my eyes and forgive

/RANT

back to the topic at hand: Guns n' Roses is awesome, the guys are all excellent musicians but lost their way on the drug/anger issues

I've never been a Nirvana fan to be honest, that whole grunge vibe is just not for me, even though I gotta say I like some Soundgarden and Pearl Jam songs

Old 08-09-2009, 06:57 PM   #4403
country flag Pfloyd

Quote:
ETA

I totally support the US idea of dealing with these shit scum excuse of human beings, kill them all and get rid of the problem, I know it's hard and stuff, but sometimes it's the only way and they don't deserve pity or anything, because killing innocents with the excuse of a supposed "ideology" is just

I know you'd probably disagree with me Manu, but I've lost family members to these scumbags, so I simply cannot close my eyes and forgive

/RANT

back to the topic at hand: Guns n' Roses is awesome, the guys are all excellent musicians but lost their way on the drug/anger issues
Why would I disagree?

If a group of people are being a pain in the ass for the majority of the population, for a stupid reason I think, then they should be killed.

If words do no work, and they often don't, I get tired of all this humanitarian "Inherit Human Rights" and "Rule of Law" Bull shit.

Just kill them all. Problem over.

Simple enough.

And very sorry to hear about your losses Nat, it's a disgrace for all Spaniards, even part Spaniards like me.

As for the US and terrorism, I don't want to get you into the Chomsky lectures again

You'll soon start to hate me.

Let me just say, from the US perspective on the War on Terror, it works both ways. And evidence shows that the US is a leading terrorist state.

What they have done in central American and parts of the Middle East are beyond atrocities.

"Casualties" are a nice way to say "innocent people" have died.

That is terrorism, those innocent people killed in Afghanistan and Iraq and Palestine amount to a much larger and worse action than 9/11.

And No, I don't hate America , I'm just saying what's up.

Hehehe, sorry, now my rant is over.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:59 PM   #4404
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

kill them and you become one of them. put them in jail for life, making them work at least to pay for their prison expenses.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-09-2009, 07:01 PM   #4405
country flag icedevil0289

icedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfloyd View Post
Why would I disagree?

If a group of people are being a pain in the ass for the majority of the population, for a stupid reason I think, then they should be killed.

If words do no work, and they often don't, I get tired of all this humanitarian "Inherit Human Rights" and "Rule of Law" Bull shit.

Just kill them all. Problem over.

Simple enough.

And very sorry to hear about your losses Nat, it's a disgrace for all Spaniards, even part Spaniards like me.

As for the US and terrorism, I don't want to get you into the Chomsky lectures again

You'll soon start to hate me.

Let me just say, from the US perspective on the War on Terror, it works both ways. And evidence shows that the US is a leading terrorist state.

What they have done in central American and parts of the Middle East are beyond atrocities.

"Casualties" are a nice way to say "innocent people" have died.

That is terrorism, those innocent people killed in Afghanistan and Iraq and Palestine amount to a much larger and worse action than 9/11.

And No, I don't hate America , I'm just saying what's up.

Hehehe, sorry, now my rant is over.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:02 PM   #4406
country flag Pfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
kill them and you become one of them. put them in jail for life, making them work at least to pay for their prison expenses.
I respect you opinion Jose, but I don't agree with it.

ETA is the equivalent of Religious fanaticism, you cannot change it by diplomatic or normal means, it is beyond the grasp of normal governance.

They have been at it for years, killing nearly 1000 people on a stupid cause, so far we have jailed them and it has not stopped them.

They should do what they've done in Colombia with FARC, a very intelligent way of infiltrating a powerful organization and breaking it into shreds.

I am not a committed pacifist, sometimes Laws are just not enough at all.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:02 PM   #4407
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Jose: you and I know how the Spanish justice system work, those scumbags would get out in no time, remember the De Juana Chaos case?

if our justice system actually was good for something else besides putting moroccans/gypsies/rumanians on jail for petty crimes, it'll be nice

Old 08-09-2009, 07:04 PM   #4408
country flag Pfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedevil0289 View Post
Old 08-09-2009, 07:06 PM   #4409
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfloyd View Post
I respect you opinion Jose, but I don't agree with it.

ETA is the equivalent of Religious fanaticism, you cannot change it by diplomatic or normal means, it is beyond the grasp of normal governance.

They have been at it for years, killing nearly 1000 people on a stupid cause, so far we have jailed them and it has not stopped them.

They should do what they've done in Colombia with FARC, a very intelligent way of infiltrating a powerful organization and breaking it into shreds.

I am not a committed pacifist, sometimes Laws are just not enough at all.
But how do you know killing them would stop them? These people, as you said, are fanatics. I am very skeptical that they'll ever stop killing. Curb their strength through decisive police action like in these past years and keep pounding them, that's the only way.

Quote:
Jose: you and I know how the Spanish justice system work, those scumbags would get out in no time, remember the De Juana Chaos case?

if our justice system actually was good for something else besides putting moroccans/gypsies/rumanians on jail for petty crimes, it'll be nice
That's absolutely true, that's why I said FOR LIFE and making them pay for their prison stay, not the Spanish tax payers.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Old 08-09-2009, 07:07 PM   #4410
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

how's your studying going Ush'?

Closed Thread