•°o*Nothing is Enough for the Warrior to Whom Enough is too Little /the Castle vol.10 - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 12:58 AM   #136
country flag cath777

cath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: •°o*Nothing is Enough for the Warrior to Whom Enough is too Little /the Castle vo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTheKnife View Post
Doing much better thanks. Still can't straighten it out all the way without pain, but I'm working it all the time. Dr said stretch it all I could or I'd lose some mobility in it.
Glad to hear it's better. Interesting therapy. Did I see you were back to playing tennis today? How did it go?
cath777 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2009, 01:03 AM   #137
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: •°o*Nothing is Enough for the Warrior to Whom Enough is too Little /the Castle vo

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedevil0289 View Post
he makes me feel guilty for being angry with him. I was just angry with him the other day because of pharmacy and all that crap, and apparently yesterday and today he was in a really bad mood. Banged his head against the car and it started bleeding, although I didn't know about it until just now. Anyways my sister called and we talked and then my dad talked to me and explained how he was in a bad mood, and talking to me in general makes him feel better. God dammit, now I feel so guilty slacking off and not doing well in school.

Please don't feel guilty. He'll hopefully understand one day that everything won't happen as he wants it to and understand the meaning of compromise. Usha please don't let that get to you - accidents happen I'm sure he didn't want his head to bleed.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:05 AM   #138
country flag MacTheKnife
10S NE1

MacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I just want to let you know, for PWC Montreal, you're all going down.
I have no doubt..
Old 07-31-2009, 01:07 AM   #139
country flag MacTheKnife
10S NE1

MacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cath777 View Post
Glad to hear it's better. Interesting therapy. Did I see you were back to playing tennis today? How did it go?
Actually it went pretty well. Played ok it was just blistering hot today, 98f, 36.6c, and humidity was unreal.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:11 AM   #140
country flag icedevil0289

icedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityfed View Post

Please don't feel guilty. He'll hopefully understand one day that everything won't happen as he wants it to and understand the meaning of compromise. Usha please don't let that get to you - accidents happen I'm sure he didn't want his head to bleed.
oh well yeah I know that it was an accident. I meant the whole talking to me makes him feel better part that made feel bad. No matter how much we disagree and have our differences, i guess I'll always be his little girl so to speak.

thanks nadine and cath

so nadine, fed is montreal huh? Nice
Old 07-31-2009, 01:17 AM   #141
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I just want to let you know, for PWC Montreal, you're all going down.
Can't really argue with this Hopefully PWC will be played when ATP 250 and 500 events are held when I get enough vCash. Anybody wanna donate to me for that cause?

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 7 semi-finals, 7 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 17 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $32,861,357 (5th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 475-148...
TITLES: 30 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-31-2009, 01:17 AM   #142
country flag cath777

cath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond reputecath777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Actually it went pretty well. Played ok it was just blistering hot today, 98f, 36.6c, and humidity was unreal.
My play is so affected by that kind of heat. I've tried a few times. I've only postponed a game once due to heat when it was over 40c. That's just too much

PS Thanks for the celsius

Quote:
oh well yeah I know that it was an accident. I meant the whole talking to me makes him feel better part that made feel bad. No matter how much we disagree and have our differences, i guess I'll always be his little girl so to speak.

thanks nadine and cath

so nadine, fed is montreal huh? Nice
Old 07-31-2009, 01:23 AM   #143
country flag MacTheKnife
10S NE1

Quote:
My play is so affected by that kind of heat. I've tried a few times. I've only postponed a game once due to heat when it was over 40c. That's just too much

PS Thanks for the celsius

I grew up in Florida and played my whole life in that kind of heat. Learned all kinds of tricks to deal with.. as I get older, it gets tougher though. When I was younger I considered it an advantage because I was relentless and never tired. Trained so hard in that heat. My coach used to make us play best of 5 set matches in practice, so when we got into a 3rd set in a tournament, it seemed like nothing.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:25 AM   #144
country flag cath777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapeod View Post
Can't really argue with this Hopefully PWC will be played when ATP 250 and 500 events are held when I get enough vCash. Anybody wanna donate to me for that cause?
Daniel, I may need to give you some vCash if you're a MacDonald, if you are related to the MacDonalds in Tolsta Head and you have relatives in Glasgow?
Old 07-31-2009, 01:28 AM   #145
country flag cath777

Quote:
I grew up in Florida and played my whole life in that kind of heat. Learned all kinds of tricks to deal with.. as I get older, it gets tougher though. When I was younger I considered it an advantage because I was relentless and never tired. Trained so hard in that heat. My coach used to make us play best of 5 set matches in practice, so when we got into a 3rd set in a tournament, it seemed like nothing.
That will always be my problem - I didn't grow up with that kind of heat. Any other tricks you can share?
Old 07-31-2009, 01:31 AM   #146
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Daniel, I may need to give you some vCash if you're a MacDonald, if you are related to the MacDonalds in Tolsta Head and you have relatives in Glasgow?
Tolsta Head? On Lewis? No, but I've got a friend who's from there who is also MacDonald I have an uncle who's from Glasgow.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:34 AM   #147
country flag cath777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapeod View Post
Tolsta Head? On Lewis? No, but I've got a friend who's from there who is also MacDonald I have an uncle who's from Glasgow.
I know there are a lot of MacDonalds on Lewis, but I had visions of us being related through marriage for a moment there.... What is your uncle's name, though?
Old 07-31-2009, 01:37 AM   #148
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

heavens Almighty, those vBookies STILL HAVEN'T payed out!!!

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-31-2009, 01:41 AM   #149
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Quote:
I know there are a lot of MacDonalds on Lewis, but I had visions of us being related through marriage for a moment there.... What is your uncle's name, though?
Dennis Erskine. He lives in the same village as me now, since he's married to my auntie. He was born in Glasgow though.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:44 AM   #150
country flag MacTheKnife
10S NE1

Quote:
That will always be my problem - I didn't grow up with that kind of heat. Any other tricks you can share?
One of the best is to take a handkerchief and fold it into a triangle, line ice cubes in the center from about four inches in from each corner. Then roll the ice cubes up in it until you get to the end. Then tie the corners around your neck with the ice cubes in front on your chest. As you play, it will be like air conditioning with the cold water running down your neck. It feels great. When the ice cube melt, just replace them.

If you wear a cap, put an ice cube in it.

Take an extra cooler to the courts with ice and water in it, and just very small towels or wash cloths in it to wipe your face and put on the back of your neck at change overs.

Drink a bottle of gatorade about an hour before your start, and then one while you play, but drink water with it at the same time. You see players do that all the time, pick up two different bottles to drink from, that's what they are doing.

Do every thing you can to get in the shade if there is any, if not use a towel over your head at change overs. Every second out of the sunlight will help.

Hope all this helps. Some of them are kind of a pain in the ass, but the first one is a requirement. I guarantee you, if you do that, you'll outlast anybody out there.