Racquet reccomendations for a transitioning player? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-13-2009, 07:05 PM   #1
country flag RacquetMee

RacquetMee is on a distinguished road
Default Racquet reccomendations for a transitioning player?

Hi, I've been playing tennis for under six months now and I'm debating whether or not to get a new racquet to improve my game.

Currently I use a nCode 6.2 OS (113). Any recommendations for a newer, smaller head sized racquet?
RacquetMee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2009, 07:15 PM   #2
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Racquet reccomendations for a transitioning player?

there are loads of rackets out there you could go for. every brand has at least one suitable racket. head, for example, have the microgel extreme team which is a great racket for someone looking to progress, and also the new youtek speed lite. wilson have the k4 fx and k zen team fx. prince have the ozone 7 and exo3 red. dunlop have the aerogel 4d 500. yonex have the rqis 1 tour xl team. babolat have the aero strike.

it really depends on how much of a departure from your current racket you want. the wilson k4 fx and head microgel extreme team are both still oversize, but on the borderline with midplus, so will be the easiest to use. the other rackets are all midplus, though the princes i mentioned have larger sweetspots due to their technology, making them play more like oversizes.
jazar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 11:15 PM   #3
country flag RacquetMee

Hm, I really want a racquet that has a head size smaller than 100, I was looking around sports equipment stores and I was intrigued by these racquets,

http://www.paragonsports.com/webapp/...0051&langId=-1

Would this be a difficult racquet to play with?

Thanks for the reply jazar ;]
Old 07-14-2009, 06:48 AM   #4
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute

that racket would be pretty difficult to use. its more suited to players who are intermediate to advanced. if you are looking at a blade, the k blade team would be a better option, though the headsize is 104.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:17 PM   #5
country flag RacquetMee

Thank You jazer for the racquet reccomendations I bought the 4d 500 but accidentally bought the to version is there a part difference betwen the stiffness ? Also I strung it with astrisk 16g at sixty pounds is that going to be alright
Old 07-24-2009, 06:57 PM   #6
country flag jazar

there is a slight stiffness difference between the 500 and 500 tour, but the main difference is the weight; the tour is 25g heavier. gamma asterisk is a nice multifilament and 60 is mid tension on the dunlop rackets so it should be fine
Old 07-25-2009, 01:29 AM   #7
country flag RacquetMee

Thanks a bunch for the advice,

one last thing...is there anyway to prevent the strings from constanly moving out of place?

Is there a string alternative? Also what should I string it at to get better spin?

Once again, thnaks ;]
Old 07-25-2009, 06:49 AM   #8
country flag jazar

stringing tighter will prevent the strings from moving around, but you may not want to do that as it also causes you to lose power. polyester strings wont move around either, but they are stiffer, so again they cause you to lose power.

for spin, a textured or profiled string should grip the ball a little better. polyesters also help with spin, as they are control oriented strings they allow you to swing faster without fear of hitting out and a faster swing speed generates more spin