Roger's cup 2009 - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-07-2009, 12:36 PM   #46
country flag Rita

Rita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: o.O* Back to Hardcourts! - Rogers Cup: Montreal 2009 *O.o

He's playing
http://www.radio-canada.ca/sports/te...vendredi.shtml Confirmed it to the Tournament director!
ALLEZZZ
Can't wait for the draw

Rogelio no complain he good boy no?

Rita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2009, 01:18 PM   #47
country flag Rommella

Rommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond repute

He sure gave the tournament director a fright:

...snip

When I saw the Swiss area code come up on my phone, my heart stopped,” Mr. Lapierre declared. “We are obviously thrilled and we all also have 19 of the Top 20 players in the world who have confirmed their participation. Fans will have the chance to enjoy a great tournament for our 30th anniversary in Montreal.”
http://www.rogerscup.com/men/english...ontrealArrival

...snip
Rommella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 01:26 PM   #48
country flag rofe

rofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
Someone posted this on Roger's website:
Article published in the French canadienne press tonight
RueFrontenac.com - by Mario Brisebois

Here is the translation/resume of part of the article as it pertains to Roger:

"At 18:00 hrs tonight (deadline for registering), Roger Federer still hadn't confirmed whether he would travel to Montreal.

Roger is undecided, but if he decided not to come, one couldn't blame Eugene Lapierre and the tournament organisation. We learned that Lapierre (tournament direcor) had answered Roger's request to have a pediatrician available 24 hrs. a day for the twins. This favour towards the one who has marked history in Wimbledon comes in addition to the luxurious house proposed to the family and much more.

This champion is not of the kind to make promoters languish, and even less the public, but his situation as a new head of a family changes the context...

According to Lapierre, who sleeps with his mobile phone not to miss a call from Switzerland, Roger wants to come to Montreal and his agent, Tony Godsic, stated that Roger has been training hard and that his fitness is at its maximum."

Full article in French
http://www.ruefrontenac.com/sports/t...-fait-desirer-
If it is true that he is bringing the kids then I feel it is unwise. They are simply too young to be traveling that kind of distance. I was wondering how he would function without Mirka but I guess that got answered.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:45 PM   #49
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofe View Post
If it is true that he is bringing the kids then I feel it is unwise. They are simply too young to be traveling that kind of distance.
yes the usual advice is to wait until the baby is one month old before he can fly.

I agree I would have better understood if Mirka had stayed quietly in Switzerland with the babies

But maybe we don't know completely their final decision about that

Last edited by duong : 08-07-2009 at 01:53 PM.
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 02:12 PM   #50
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I didn't expect his babies to travel so soon (that's why I thought he might pull out). But I haven't seen anything official that says the family is with him - only that he has confirmed his participation.

Thank you Nick for taking out the trash at Wimbledon!
nobama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 04:07 PM   #51
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

he will play , right?
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 04:11 PM   #52
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think he'll fly the kiddos with him, and leave Mirka at home.
JediFed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 04:25 PM   #53
country flag Rita

Rita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofe View Post
If it is true that he is bringing the kids then I feel it is unwise. They are simply too young to be traveling that kind of distance. I was wondering how he would function without Mirka but I guess that got answered.
Glad i'm not the only one that feel this way.

Old 08-07-2009, 04:35 PM   #54
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

Roger will take his family go to play TMS??????????
Old 08-07-2009, 04:42 PM   #55
country flag SUKTUEN

Roger will play Montreal!!

Dear Fans

After the wonderful experiences over the past days it is my pleasure to inform you that I will be participating in the Rogers Cup in Montreal which starts on Monday. As I was able to find enough time to practice these past weeks I must say that I feel fit and full of energy. It is always a bit strange not to have played for a longer period five weeks in total this time so I am happy to be back competing and sharing my passion with all of you! Thank you so much for all your support.

Take care
Roger
Old 08-07-2009, 07:16 PM   #56
country flag fnuf7

fnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond repute

And apparently Mirka & babies are with him though it sounds like special measures have been taken to make sure everyone is ok to fly/travel. The NYtimes articles says they're going (or probably gone already) in a private jet accompanied by a baby nurse to keep a close eye on things. I'd assume that they would take all measures necessary & check with doctors etc before flying with them so if they have come along then I assume it's been cleared by the doctors & whatnot.

Roger Federer

Always a fan, no matter what
fnuf7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:21 PM   #57
country flag Rita

Very balanced draw.
Win them all Rogeio

Old 08-07-2009, 09:14 PM   #58
country flag Obey.my.dreamz

Obey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommella View Post
He sure gave the tournament director a fright:

...snip

When I saw the Swiss area code come up on my phone, my heart stopped, Mr. Lapierre declared. We are obviously thrilled and we all also have 19 of the Top 20 players in the world who have confirmed their participation. Fans will have the chance to enjoy a great tournament for our 30th anniversary in Montreal.
http://www.rogerscup.com/men/english...ontrealArrival

...snip
Do u see how much the world needs him |

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3330/...fb6fcba8_m.jpg
Obey.my.dreamz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:16 PM   #59
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

so the babies will get their first plane flight
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 12:51 AM   #60
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome.

Decent draw too. Stepanek might be some trouble but he should be fine until the SFs.
JediFed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote