Roger's cup 2009 - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-02-2009, 08:21 PM   #16
country flag Rita

Rita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: o.O* Back to Hardcourts! - Rogers Cup: Montreal 2009 *O.o

Just get back on court plz

Rogelio no complain he good boy no?

Rita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2009, 10:36 PM   #17
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

I think Roger will show up over here, at least I hope so. But if he doesn't - nothing lost at all, just a mere 10 points, no big deal at all. So whatever he decided to do, I'll be happy for him.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 10:55 PM   #18
country flag fnuf7

fnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I'm not too bothered if he doesn't play this one, he has a perfectly good reason to miss it & it's not like it's due to injury or something worrying that he'd miss it if he does. It'd be nice to see him play again & perhaps gain some more ranking points but there are more important things going on for him right now I think so no big deal if he doesn't show for this one

I do hope he is fitting in some training of some sort in Switzerland though, just to stay in shape & whatnot for whenever he does make his return to the courts.

Roger Federer

Always a fan, no matter what
fnuf7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 11:00 PM   #19
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

At least we know he's practising and training hard.

Not that I doubted that he would, but...
Old 08-02-2009, 11:25 PM   #20
country flag NYCtennisfan
Fed Fo Mod

NYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dream View Post
I think Roger will show up over here, at least I hope so. But if he doesn't - nothing lost at all, just a mere 10 points, no big deal at all. So whatever he decided to do, I'll be happy for him.
At this point in the season, it's not so much about defending points as it is about gaining points in order to finish the year #1. I don't think he was thinking about #1 after the AO, but now I think he would like to finish another year at the top of the rankings.
NYCtennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:01 AM   #21
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnuf7 View Post
I do hope he is fitting in some training of some sort in Switzerland though, just to stay in shape & whatnot for whenever he does make his return to the courts.
Apparently he's been training with Stefan Koubek in Switzerland the past week. Trained with him during the clay season in Italy. First time in several years that he won't be training in the heat and humidity of Dubai.

Thank you Nick for taking out the trash at Wimbledon!
nobama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:00 AM   #22
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCtennisfan View Post
At this point in the season, it's not so much about defending points as it is about gaining points in order to finish the year #1. I don't think he was thinking about #1 after the AO, but now I think he would like to finish another year at the top of the rankings.
I really hope so. I agree with you, he has a fantastic, rather unexpected chance to indeed be the ONLY player since Ivan Lendl back in the late 1980's to be able to do so. And well, knowing - or rather, thinking we know - Roger, I can't imagine him to leave this chance unchallenged, indeed.

But if he doesn't and just allows himself to have some R&R with Mirka and the kids, I won't at all begrudge him for that.

In all, the outlooks for him are fine. MORE than fine, indeed.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:31 AM   #23
country flag trickcy

trickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond repute

I think Roger will play Montreal. He has a wonderful chance to get lots of points here and in Cincinnati, and then he has to defend his win in USO. If he does relatively well in these two masters, some pressure will be off USO as far as points are concerned. But then again, with 15 GS and twins, he might just ease up a bit. Things seem fine either way now
trickcy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:52 AM   #24
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute

I'm greedy, and would like to see him beat Agassi's record.
JediFed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:55 AM   #25
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think Federer realy needs to win any of these tournaments really. With not a lot of points to defend he can relax. US Open is the main thing ATM. He could add a 16th GS to his stash.

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 7 semi-finals, 7 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 18 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $33,359,256 (5th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 481-151...
TITLES: 31 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:13 AM   #26
country flag fnuf7

fnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond reputefnuf7 has a reputation beyond repute

*warning, getting way ahead of myself here* Imagine if he does win the USO this year he would have been one rather sloppy set (5th in the AO final) from the calendar slam! Oh so close!

Still I honestly am happy with whatever he decides is right for him, glad to hear he is doing some training of some sort but happy with any performance & appearance he puts in over the next few weeks/months.

Roger Federer

Always a fan, no matter what
fnuf7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:36 AM   #27
country flag trickcy

trickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond repute

USO is definitely the main thing. And I know he's said he's still motivated, so I hope that that plus a relaxed attitude means that we can see some brilliant play again .
trickcy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:20 PM   #28
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute

It'll be interesting to see what happens when the top 4 come back. Although apparently Nadal is still a question mark for Montreal. But I think he'll be there. I think it's very possible that Nadal, Murray and Djoker don't defend all their points there. But I think they might be fresher going into New York because a lot of guys are playing at least 3 weeks in a row. The field in Washington is quite strong this year.

I would just like to see Roger get in enough matches under his belt so he's good to go for the US Open. And if he could come out with a net points gain over Nadal and Murray that would be cool too.

Old 08-03-2009, 06:55 PM   #29
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

if he play, just enjoy his tennis!!!
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:18 AM   #30
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

From facebook:

Roger Federer: Mirka, Myla and Charlene are all doing really well. The baby girls are doing new things every day and are a lot of fun. Hopefully, before the end of this week, I will charge my camera and have my Dad or someone take some pictures so I can share one with you. Thanks for the support and warm wishes.