Best Racquet - Mild Experience - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-20-2009, 03:58 PM   #1
country flag ddzc

ddzc is on a distinguished road
Default Best Racquet - Mild Experience

Hi all,

I play about once/twice a week. I played with a cheapo racquet I payed 60 bucks for (Head TI 2000) for a couple of years. I wanted to step it up a bit and I bought a Head Microgel Prestige Mid Racquets w Kirschbaum at 54lbs.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/desc...AD-MGPMID.html

I bought the above racquet to sort of force myself to develop the skills and experience to use the racquet in my advantage. I definitely thought wrong, I played with this racquet and lost a lot of games and had no control on the court. As soon as I went back to the head ti 2000 racquet, I started winning games and I felt like I had a lot more control and power of the ball with this cheap racquet compared to the pro racquet. Also my serves improved huge.

So here is my dilemma...I possibly want to try another racquet...sort of in between the two that I have...maybe a racquet with a slight upgrade over the TI 2000 to determine if it will give me a slight edge over my current cheap racquet. Also, I heard theres racquets that help avoid tennis elbow with absorbion, etc...I would like that technology built into my new racquet.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
ddzc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2009, 07:25 PM   #2
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best Racquet - Mild Experience

you could go for something like a head radical. its a little bit down from a prestige; it has a larger headsize and is lighter. its also a very soft flexing racket, so its arm-friendly.

you could also look at something like the prince ozone tour. its a bit heavier than the radical but lighter than the prestige and due to prince's ozone technoogy, its much more forgiving than any other similar racket. the ozone tecnhology also helps take away a lot of the vibrations at impact.
jazar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:53 PM   #3
country flag ddzc

ddzc is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the reply. What model Head Radical do you recommend? I found a ton of them here:

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/sear...t=head+radical
ddzc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:08 PM   #4
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute

if you're not looking to spend too much, then go for the liquidmetal radical mp. if the cost isnt really an issue, then go for the youtek radical mp
jazar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:46 AM   #5
country flag dunlopkickserve

dunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazar View Post
if you're not looking to spend too much, then go for the liquidmetal radical mp. if the cost isnt really an issue, then go for the youtek radical mp
I bought my brother the LM radical MP and he loves it. I have hit with it and it is a steal for the price.
dunlopkickserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:10 AM   #6
country flag mojoo999

mojoo999 is on a distinguished road

Half of the guys on my tennis team have the Wilson Hyper Hammer. Best of all, you can get it for under $70 now, good deal if you're looking for a racquet that handles well.
mojoo999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote