Joachim Johansson picture thread - Page 33 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-09-2005, 08:41 PM   #481
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Joachim Johansson picture thread

Joachim said after Memphis about his father: “He was a big server. A lot of people said he had a bigger serve than me, but I don’t know if that’s true. People in Sweden say that, but maybe over the last year they’ve changed their minds. Hopefully I can come back to Sweden and show them. He was my coach throughout my whole life, and has helped me a lot."

He was sort of laughing when he said "maybe over the last year they've changed their minds."

"Johansson inherited some of his ability: His father, Leif, was Bjorn Borg's teammate on Sweden's 1974 Davis Cup team. And little Joachim — surely, he was little at one time — got to practice with Borg as a teen."

Last edited by star : 06-13-2009 at 05:01 PM.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2005, 08:45 PM   #482
country flag gogo_guga

gogo_guga has a reputation beyond reputegogo_guga has a reputation beyond reputegogo_guga has a reputation beyond reputegogo_guga has a reputation beyond reputegogo_guga has a reputation beyond reputegogo_guga has a reputation beyond reputegogo_guga has a reputation beyond reputegogo_guga has a reputation beyond reputegogo_guga has a reputation beyond reputegogo_guga has a reputation beyond reputegogo_guga has a reputation beyond repute

Is it just me or does Joachim seem to be a lot more vocal on court this year? I mean, he questioned calls like three times during the match and kept muttering whenever he got pissed off at the umpire. He also seems to be trying to copy Hewitt with the whole "Come oooooooooooooon!" thing.
What the hell is going on with Pim???? I mean, I guess that I don't mind him doing those things as long as he doesn't allow it to interfere in his concentration and mental toughness because those are his two biggest assets.
gogo_guga is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 08:46 PM   #483
country flag gogo_guga

gogo_guga has a reputation beyond reputegogo_guga has a reputation beyond reputegogo_guga has a reputation beyond reputegogo_guga has a reputation beyond reputegogo_guga has a reputation beyond reputegogo_guga has a reputation beyond reputegogo_guga has a reputation beyond reputegogo_guga has a reputation beyond reputegogo_guga has a reputation beyond reputegogo_guga has a reputation beyond reputegogo_guga has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe it's the new coach
Old 01-09-2005, 08:53 PM   #484
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

He's said come ON quite a bit as long as I've seen him play which isn't much. But he is rather quiet on the court in general. I don't know a single tennis player who sometimes doesn't question calls or mutter after an umpire pisses them off. I even saw Stephan Edberg do this on ocassion.

I didn't see him play in Adelaide. Did you? I guess Kristen will be able to tell us if she thought he was somehow excessively vocal.

I'm sure he's picked up the Come On cry from Lleyton. He practices a lot with Lleyton and presumably likes Lleyton quite a bit. I like Lleyton too, so I don't hold that against Pim Pim at all.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:20 PM   #485
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

I saw only part of his doubles match with Woodbridge. Didn't want to watch his R1 against Kimmich because it would have bored me to tears plus Jurgen and Jarkko were on the outside court...

I'll be watching him in his next match though. Should be a good one! (In the woodie match, he didn't seem vocal at all. I think that even if he has started talking more in matches,m it's just normal. I guess that 'c'mon!' is just a bad habit he's picked up by lleyton, and it will annoy me whenever I hear him say it pimpim...stick to kom igen! )
Kristen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 12:36 AM   #486
country flag gogo_guga

Oh no, don't get me wrong star, I don't hold anything against Pim either. I actually think that is the THE MAN, always so nice and polite to all of those around him.
And Bjorkman_Girl, I totally agree with you, kom igen is sooooo much cooler than come on!!! I mean, Pim Pim should strive to have his own trademark, and I feel like it would be the coolest thing if "kom igen" were it
Old 01-10-2005, 12:37 AM   #487
Sharon

thanks everyone, those pics were great
come to think of it, i dont think i've heard pimpim say kom igen during a match, just "come on!"
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 02:19 AM   #488
country flag Iza

Iza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, they were great! it made me sooo happy 2 c him win!
Originally Posted by El Mundo
Sergio Ramos joined in the fun, proving he can do anything; he shines as a centre back, as a right back and as a striker.
My pink ego box
Iza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 05:08 AM   #489
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogo_guga
Oh no, don't get me wrong star, I don't hold anything against Pim either. I actually think that is the THE MAN, always so nice and polite to all of those around him.
And Bjorkman_Girl, I totally agree with you, kom igen is sooooo much cooler than come on!!! I mean, Pim Pim should strive to have his own trademark, and I feel like it would be the coolest thing if "kom igen" were it
Maybe Kom igen doesn't sound that "cool" to a Swede. Maybe Come On sounds more exotic, foreign, and "cool." Sort of the way Allez, Vamos, and Kom igen do to us.
Old 01-10-2005, 12:20 PM   #490
country flag Pina

Pina has a reputation beyond reputePina has a reputation beyond reputePina has a reputation beyond reputePina has a reputation beyond reputePina has a reputation beyond reputePina has a reputation beyond reputePina has a reputation beyond reputePina has a reputation beyond reputePina has a reputation beyond reputePina has a reputation beyond reputePina has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star
I'm sure he's picked up the Come On cry from Lleyton. He practices a lot with Lleyton and presumably likes Lleyton quite a bit. I like Lleyton too, so I don't hold that against Pim Pim at all.
He uses same kind of racquet with Lleyton, I guess he even picked up his hairstyle too

I don't know if he's more vocal on court this year. Hopefully he is not. I love the quiet pimpim ...what a gentleman he was last year!
Pina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 09:18 AM   #491
country flag tennis mania

tennis mania has a reputation beyond reputetennis mania has a reputation beyond reputetennis mania has a reputation beyond reputetennis mania has a reputation beyond reputetennis mania has a reputation beyond reputetennis mania has a reputation beyond reputetennis mania has a reputation beyond reputetennis mania has a reputation beyond reputetennis mania has a reputation beyond reputetennis mania has a reputation beyond reputetennis mania has a reputation beyond repute

you know leave what pim pim wants to do..
its pretty obvious if pim pim gets lleyton emotions or reaction on the court i seen them practicing a lot...

so that is one reason...

and he's trying to fit in...

Last edited by tennis mania : 01-11-2005 at 09:27 AM.
tennis mania is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 09:19 AM   #492
country flag tennis mania

tennis mania has a reputation beyond reputetennis mania has a reputation beyond reputetennis mania has a reputation beyond reputetennis mania has a reputation beyond reputetennis mania has a reputation beyond reputetennis mania has a reputation beyond reputetennis mania has a reputation beyond reputetennis mania has a reputation beyond reputetennis mania has a reputation beyond reputetennis mania has a reputation beyond reputetennis mania has a reputation beyond repute

maybe we can leave it to him
tennis mania is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 05:26 PM   #493
country flag Iza

Iza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond repute

here's a pic from tne USO I found on the AO site look at the stunned experssion on his face
Attached Images
File Type: jpg atpj194.jpg (27.9 KB, 24 views)
Sergio Ramos joined in the fun, proving he can do anything; he shines as a centre back, as a right back and as a striker.
My pink ego box
Old 01-11-2005, 07:28 PM   #494
country flag Iza

some pix of Pim from the match against Rusedski...probably yelling Come on!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg joachim.jpg (19.8 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg pipim.jpg (33.3 KB, 27 views)
My pink ego box
Old 01-11-2005, 08:03 PM   #495
country flag cindygermanier

cindygermanier has a reputation beyond reputecindygermanier has a reputation beyond reputecindygermanier has a reputation beyond reputecindygermanier has a reputation beyond reputecindygermanier has a reputation beyond reputecindygermanier has a reputation beyond reputecindygermanier has a reputation beyond reputecindygermanier has a reputation beyond reputecindygermanier has a reputation beyond reputecindygermanier has a reputation beyond reputecindygermanier has a reputation beyond repute

thanks you for the pics
cindygermanier is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote