Mens Tennis Forums banner

Can Murray Break Federer & Nadal Rankings Dominance?

3K views 54 replies 36 participants last post by  The Oracle 
#1 ·
See less See more
#7 ·
I used to think Murray could do it but he'sd playing like a wimp in the slams so I have to say NO. Mental shortcomings are often harder to overcome than physical shortcomings, often their is no solution for mental problems. You are born with guts or without guts. But Federer is retiring in a couple of years so I think Murray is the most likely world number 2 when that happens.

#8 ·
The entire media says "Federer and Murray has brains and all weapons. No one else has more than a weapon..". Brad Gilbert enjoyed that notion.:eek:

I guess the huge number of lucky matches and shaky boring tennis prove how laughable it is to deduce that these 3 destroy the ATP. The weakness of the field is still a fact.

#13 ·
Yep, he will sometime. He can improve and isn't at his prime yet.

#14 ·
Novak Djokovic

#15 ·
The only thing that can be broken (or rather shattered) right now is Murray's ego. And maybe a wake up call to his delusional fans.

#17 ·
not this year, I mean he would need to win Montreal, Cincy and USO and WTF and Fed and Nadal would need to lose first rounds or something, how else would he take the #1 ranking this year?

I think Federer has definately peaked
oh my I thought he didn't peak yet :eek: understatement of the year :spit:

#20 ·
oh sorry about that, I thought it's about #1 (woke up a short while ago :eek:)

well Nadal is defending heaps of points and is going to lose 800 points from the Olympics soon, that leaves a difference of about 200 points between them, so it's very likely that Murray could become #2 soon.

#30 ·
Maybe, but he'll have to make sure he doesn't cripple himself again though.

#33 ·
Venus is 27. Nowhere near 30 ATM. Same happened with Murray in 2007. Wrist injury.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.