Another mug player wants racket adivice... - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-08-2009, 03:12 PM   #1
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another mug player wants racket adivice...

Greetings folks. As per the title.

I'm a total mug, only back playing the sport about 18 months after a 14 year gap or something and I can't really afford coaching so it's been slow progress since then.

I play regularly so I'm willing to spend something in the region of 150-200 euros. A guy I know is starting a new business and is currently stocking Head, Wilson and Babolat so I'm going to go for one of those brands (though I never liked the feel of any babolat I tried).

I try to play an attacking game and am relatively good at the net. My swing is on the short side but something I'm looking to develop. I hit fairly flat but need to develop a bit more spin because I'm not consistent enough to play aggressively hitting flat. My single biggest problem is generating pace when someone slowballs me (though that's probably as much a mental problem as anything).

I had been playing with a borrowed Wilson Hammer for a long while and enjoyed the swing feel off it though it didn't seem to give me any easy power and I struggled to get much pop on my serves and served much better with the 25 quid Wilson Sting I started with (the one with Kiefer on the cover, think that's what it was called).

I've gone backwards since I went all safin on my poor Hammer, borrowing different rackets every other week and never really finiding one I liked.

So time to splash out. Any advice welcome. The guy is going to let me demo the rackets anyway so I just need a few pointers in the right direction...
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2009, 09:14 PM   #2
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another mug player wants racket adivice...

heres a few rackets for you to check out:

head microgel radical team
head microgel prestige team
babolat drive z tour
babolat aero strike
wilson k tour team fx

they are all rackets that have some power in the frame but should still enable you to take a longer swing at the ball as well
wilson k6.2
jazar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:02 PM   #3
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another mug player wants racket adivice...

thanks a lot man. I'll hopefully get to hit with some of them next week.