Summer Hardcourt Season 2009 - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-16-2009, 12:31 AM   #16
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Summer Hardcourt Season 2009

wow such an intense match... gave the local newspaper something to write about!

marine you should try to give up the frustration and start laughing like some of us... can't change things anyway, and it makes you feel better!

for now i'll just blame the fact that junior has become his nemesis... otherwise for a challenger he really should expect to win a round or two... or he really shouldn't be playing any more!
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2009, 12:52 AM   #17
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, it's better to laugh at things like this.

When Hemmes Jr. still played, I was amazed how he could lose from complete nobody's, but beat Soderling at the few times he could enter atp qualies and reach the second round. And every time at his matches I got frustrated, but looking back it was funny when I make it a theorie that it was me, because I've never seen him win when I was present. At the only match that went well, I had to leave after a few games.

For me it's so much easier with Arno now, I think his on court behavior can be hilarious and when he says he's happy playing and lucky to be on the tour, I believe him. There are many many players who dream of being in his place...

Also from talking to him and Bruno at tournaments over the years... I know he looks scary after a loss, but that's only right after. The rest of time when I see him walking around, or watching other matches, he really seems to enjoy himself.
I do believe that plays a big part too, because I had a job which I didn't love at times, but I enjoyed it everyday 'cause my colleagues were so amazing.
And tennis related again, I've seen a few Dutchies retire (and we all know they aren't the high potentials on tour atm ) and come back again within a year. They all say they come back, because they miss it too much, while at the time of retiring they claim they're fed up with all the losing and traveling....
That's big part of how I made up my theory above.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:11 PM   #18
country flag Hangdog

Hangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Summer Hard Court Season 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
The summary on the Aptos website says that the match lasted 3 and a half hours Big battle and considering the fact he lost the final tie-break 12-10 he surely had MP I'm sure he lies when he says he's not here cos of his ranking but because of the game but the I'm in love with this game. I'm very lucky to be on tour and to do what i like to do sounds so real
I followed a half of the last set on a scoreboard. Arnaud was down 1*-4, then managed to come back to 4-4 and after he saved one or two match balls on his way to the tie-break. As for the tie-break, Arnaud was up 5-2*, but I'm not sure what happened next as my SB got stuck. And it was indeed a looong match, sometimes there were quite long pauses between points, and I had a suspicion that someone was taking time to complain a bit about everything. It is funny to read that Bogomolov was one to receive a warning!

Anyway I'm glad to know that Arnaud remains in love with the game and isn't too much frustrated. So for now we can keep laughing and pulling a few jokes from time to time

Nicolas Devilder

Hangdog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:03 PM   #19
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your report he surely managed to reach the final tie-break cos of his love of the game and not his level of play.
Bogomomolov just lost easily to the young australian Matosevic The only two matches he won this year was against Arno
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:27 AM   #20
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks for your report he surely managed to reach the final tie-break cos of his love of the game and not his level of play.
Bogomomolov just lost easily to the young australian Matosevic The only two matches he won this year was against Arno
soulage, you're a reason why i have to laugh following arno on this forum

thanks for your theories too, kezzie and irina!

is he qualifying for the next tourney?

edit: nah he's in the main draw @ indianapolis

[3] Sam QUERREY (USA) v Arnaud CLEMENT (FRA)

anyone thinks he will continue his level of play?

btw bogomolov is #2 seed in qualifying in same tournament... thanks to wins against arno, he has collected a few points! lol

Last edited by Via : 07-18-2009 at 09:07 AM.
Old 07-19-2009, 07:38 PM   #21
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Sam Querrey on US Harcourt even in good period it's tough so now Well anyway he did nothing with easy draw With Marco they draw Becker/Kunitsyn.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:19 AM   #22
country flag soulage

He plays today on center court and on the ATP website we can find the stats of the match vs Junior last week and in fact he has still no serve http://www.atpworldtour.com/Share/Ma...009&r=3&p=C487 49% of first serve and only 40% of points wins behind his second ball. That's true he hitted 8 aces but also 9 DF. The serve is also the reflect of the confidence but it's amazing to see his stats on serve since Wim It would't be tough for Querrey to break him with such awful serve.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:52 AM   #23
country flag Via

match finished a while ago, an easy-looking 63 64 win for querry
Old 07-21-2009, 10:01 AM   #24
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

How to enjoy tennis in these conditions, arnaud ???

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:31 AM   #25
country flag soulage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine View Post
How to enjoy tennis in these conditions, arnaud ???
Well if he loves to play maybe but i assume that frustration is here after 7 loss in a row and six first round exit lol. When we see the fields of LA and Washington it's tough to find a near end at this serie. For yesterday it was clear that Querrey he's a better player so more logical than past weeks.
I follow on score board since the match was about to start just before i dcided to go to sleep and finnaly i follow all the match it was fast 1hour10min. The problem has been that he wasn't able to return Querrey's serve who hit near 80% of serve but Arno looked better on his serve

set 1 : Broken at 1-2 from 15. Tough on second serves of course but better otherwise with 5 aces and no DF. His great stats of that first set has been the 2 points won on the 5 Querrey service games including 1 DF lol.
Set 2 :Broken at 1-1 on AD after having a GP and after that and until the end he held all his service games by love. I assume that after making the break Querrey focus on his own serve to finish.

I'm wondering what Arno does all that weeks in US . Bruno is not there in Indy there is De Chaunac & Gicquel but for exemple in Aptos he was alone. Two month alone in US with first round exit it might be very long The english lessons was a good idea like tourisme but is it his choice ?
Old 07-21-2009, 10:50 AM   #26
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well if he loves to play maybe
But he's a competitor, he's supposed to hate loss... lol

Quote:
I'm wondering what Arno does all that weeks in US . Bruno is not there in Indy there is De Chaunac & Gicquel but for exemple in Aptos he was alone. Two month alone in US with first round exit it might be very long The english lessons was a good idea like tourisme but is it his choice ?
Good question. He has free time after his first rounds. And not so many french players with him. It's never too late to practice his english.
Weird "holiday" in perspective... lol

Guy Forget
Old 07-21-2009, 11:00 AM   #27
country flag soulage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine View Post
Weird "holiday" in perspective... lol
Yes especially cos he loves holidays lol. Sometimes it must be boring . Today they have the double with Marco so he has something to prepare but still 5 days before LA. The Golf maybe ? But alone ?

For the loss and the fact is a commpetitor i really think is less touched by that but in december when he will train for next year maybe he will wondering about the efforts and the sacrifices is making to be #150. Well it's his life.

I was thinkink that if the US season is very long we could expect he skip the asian season in autumn to play the challengers in Europe . Rennes-Orleans-Mons are near Paris so after the loss you can back home .
Old 07-21-2009, 02:21 PM   #28
country flag higherlaw

higherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes especially cos he loves holidays lol. Sometimes it must be boring . Today they have the double with Marco so he has something to prepare but still 5 days before LA. The Golf maybe ? But alone ?
Maybe Nolwenn is with him or flying in soon? Surely she would love to be in LA and be "seen" at that tournament. Also, Indy is close to Ohio where I think she spent some time. Possibly they'd go there and then to LA?

Otherwise, maybe just getting in some serving practice in LA!

I wonder if he reads this and just laughs at our guesses about his life?
higherlaw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 06:19 PM   #29
country flag Marine

Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlaw View Post

I wonder if he reads this and just laughs at our guesses about his life?
oh yeah
I don't think he comes here (I don't hope so), but if it's the case, he might be about us.

Nolwenn is supposed to finish her album and stay in paris. But she recorded some songs in LA the last year, she knows the city and I don't think she likes "to be seen".
Anyway, who know her there ?

Guy Forget
Old 07-21-2009, 07:04 PM   #30
country flag soulage

Arno didn't enter Montreal Qualies even he's not so far in the MD alternates list, #7 I think, and for Cincy qualies he could not have an enough high ranking so maybe we have found his break period but to prepare USO qualies two weeks of rest is maybe too much. Well we'll see what he will do