Blaž Kavčič Thread - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-04-2010, 07:41 AM   #61
country flag Boreas

Boreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond reputeBoreas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Blaz Kavcic Thread

Watched the match on Slovene sports channel. Up until 3-3, first set he managed to stay in contact with Andreev, mostly due to UEs by the Russian, then it all went downhill. It was expected though, afer seeing first 6 games that it was all in Andreev's hands. Blaz's serve is improving, but it's still bad in comparisson to other top 100 players. One of his second serves barely landed in the court, let alone service box. Too many DFs as well.

Blaz also can't rely on hitting winners, except for some great drop shots, but those alone can't win him many matches. The biggest problem are very short backhands(mostly), landing before the lines of service boxes and therefore rather suitable for his opponent to dictate and eventually win the points.

Overall, he's fast with nice defensive game, has a nice touch at net and great dropshots. Rather weak serve and lack of power on his groundstrokes are in need of improvement.
Boreas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2010, 04:15 PM   #62
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Too passive and a weak serve, he will have to improve them to make it further.

He has played too much already this season.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 02:33 PM   #63
country flag SloKid
In hiding.

SloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond repute

In a short interview in a Slovenian weekly he said he's a fan of Nadal.
SloKid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 02:38 PM   #64
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Blaz liked Sampras as well, no one is perfect.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 05-08-2010, 02:50 AM   #65
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloKid View Post
In a short interview in a Slovenian weekly he said he's a fan of Nadal.
Not surprising, he's a clay court guy, most clay court players would be fond of Rafa and his achievements and ability to translate his game on other surfaces as well. It's actually a positive for Blaz to look up to Rafa and try to emulate him in some ways.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 03:00 AM   #66
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Blaz's results have been up and down this season, with one SF and two QF challenger results, qualifying for the Australian Open, but also having several first and second round losses, including this week to Andreev 3-6 2-6. His ranking is about to take a really huge hit in the wrong direction with his inconsistent results. Hopefully he can find a way to find his form and start winning on a consistent level.

He is playing the Zagreb challenger next week, hopefully he has a good result, good luck Blaz!
Old 05-09-2010, 03:23 AM   #67
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Here is the draw for the challenger in Zagreb starting this upcoming week:

http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2010/588/mds.pdf

Blaz plays Andre Begemann in the first round, with Ebden/Minar as the potential second round match-up. Begemann is a decent player and had very good results at the end of the year on clay so if Blaz doesn't start to play better, he could lose R1. The opportunity for a SF is there if he picks up his form.

Good luck in Croatia, Blaz!
Old 05-10-2010, 04:40 AM   #68
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Blaz is the second match on the center court today vs. Begemann. Hopefully he gets the victory, as one is much needed for him. If he plays well he should defeat Begemann, hopefully he can find his form from last year and start performing to the level he and we know he can play.

Last edited by flyboy : 05-10-2010 at 02:16 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:40 AM   #69
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Blaz won 6-2 6-1 today vs. Begemann, he was toying with the German throughout the match. His counterpunching game was the perfect match up vs. the attacking style of play of Begemann. He awaits his next opponent of Ebden/Minar in R2 now.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:58 PM   #70
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Blaz beat Ebden comfortably 6-3 6-2, plays the winner of Schukin/Kuznetsov.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 05-13-2010, 03:38 PM   #71
country flag poiree

poiree has a reputation beyond reputepoiree has a reputation beyond reputepoiree has a reputation beyond reputepoiree has a reputation beyond reputepoiree has a reputation beyond reputepoiree has a reputation beyond reputepoiree has a reputation beyond reputepoiree has a reputation beyond reputepoiree has a reputation beyond reputepoiree has a reputation beyond reputepoiree has a reputation beyond repute

here are some pics I took in Belgrade last week

poiree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:40 PM   #72
country flag SloKid
In hiding.

SloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond repute

Blaž has a twitter account now: http://twitter.com/blaz_kavcic
SloKid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:42 PM   #73
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

His site is good as well, though my Slovene needs to improve.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 05-21-2010, 12:09 PM   #74
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Blaz drew Schwank in the 1st round of RG, winner plays either Nieminen or Roddick.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 05-25-2010, 03:43 PM   #75
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Excellent result for Kavcic, he won his first round match against Schwank 3-6 6-3 7-5 4-0 RET and is up against Roddick.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1