New hitting stick - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-04-2009, 10:55 PM   #1
country flag Sukh

Sukh is on a distinguished road
Default New hitting stick

First post, hello everybody

Right, so I've been playing twice or three times a week for a month now and decided to get a half decent racket to play with, as the £20 Andy Murray look alike racket I have has broken (makes a funny sound when I hit with it)

Now I don't know how to describe my abilities, but can guess that I am beginner/lower intermediate as I have obviously played more than a month in my life, just not in one go.

So baring in mind this, I need help choosing a racket, but would like to buy it from sportsoccer:http://www.sportsdirect.com/Products...isplayAll=True

So which would be best for me (up to £55):
Head Ti Radical Lite
Head S6 Liquid Metal (I'm thinking this one due to oversize head)
Head S2 LiquidMetal

Now I'm 20 and quite a strong guy so I don't need that much help generating power, I have a mediumish length stroke I guess,

Any help appreciated, especially Jazar
Sukh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2009, 11:32 AM   #2
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New hitting stick

first up, let me say it should be illegal for anyone under the age of 70 to use the head s6. it is truly the definitive granny stick.

to be perfectly honest, if you want to buy from that site and have a budget of £55 then you really should cast your net wider than the 3 rackets you have mentioned, as really, none of them would be that good for you. you should check out the slazenger quadflex 270 and dunlop aerogel 500, which are both very similar, and the wilson n9 103 and slazenger quadflex 255, both of which will be slightly easier to use.
jazar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 12:21 PM   #3
country flag Sukh

Those were just the three I had seen and were head and I had one head already and it was nice to play with for me.

What's the difference between the dunlop aerogel 500 and the AD 500?

Thanks for the help
Old 07-06-2009, 06:43 AM   #4
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukh View Post
What's the difference between the dunlop aerogel 500 and the AD 500?
i'm guessing you mean the 4D 500. in which case the difference is that the 4D 500 has four dimensionally braided graphite at 3, 5, 7 and 9 o' clock which makes the frame more stable
Old 07-10-2009, 08:45 AM   #5
country flag Sukh

Thanks for the help

I bought the Aerogel 500, and played with it for the first time yesterday, all well and good, just getting used to the change from oversize to 100inches.

It came with a "shock absorber", shall I put it in?
Old 07-10-2009, 07:01 PM   #6
country flag jazar

shock absorbers are a personal preference. i hate them and never use them, but others like them. the main thing they do is mute the sound of the ball on the strings
Old 07-16-2009, 08:39 PM   #7
country flag Sukh

Thanks for all the help