Roman Safiullin - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-30-2014, 11:01 PM   #1
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Roman Safiullin

This talented young Russian needs a thread.

Born: 07 August 1997
Plays: Right Handed

Won a future earlier this year and just won the Trofeo Bonfiglio.

http://www.itftennis.com/news/177851.aspx

Quote:
There was no surprise about the fact that the boys’ trophy was going to go home with a Russian player. The only question heading into the final was which one of two 16-year-old Russian’s would be the newly crowned 2014 champion: fifth seed Andrey Rublev or sixth seed Roman Safiullin.
We now know the answer to that question: This year’s boys’ winner is Roman Safiullin, who outplayed compatriot Rublev to win 62 63 in a one hour, 19 minute final.
“This is my first Grade A win,” said Safiullin, who will skip playing the Roland Garros and Wimbledon juniors, but plans to compete at the U.S. Open later in the summer. “Here in Milan, it’s my second time and last year I lost to the eventual champion (Alexander Zverev). Today, I am the champion. That’s why I feel great today, because I proved that I can beat everybody and I’m proud of myself.”
Safiullin’s now collected two junior titles this year with the Trofeo Bonfiglio being his first Grade A level victory. Like Bellis, Safiullin also won the Coffee Bowl trophy in January.
In the first set, Safiullin scored service breaks in the second and eighth games and only lost three points in his own service games. In the second set, Safiullin also broke serve twice, in the fourth and fifth games. It was in the second set, however, that Safiullin suffered his lone service game when he was unable to take advantage of two game points. But he ended the match in style by serving a love game.
“Today I played really good, but I think that I’ve had more luck than Andrey had because I made a bunch of incredible shots and I hit a couple of unbelievable lines,” Safiullin said. “These things happen in tennis so it was a good day for me.”
As for Rublev, this was his second recent final experience, having reached the Grade 1 Trofeo Juan Carlos Ferrero championship match last month."

Last edited by Smoke944 : 05-30-2014 at 11:10 PM.
Smoke944 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2014, 06:36 PM   #2
country flag GasquetGulbis

GasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roman Safiullin

Skipped the Junior French to play pro's. I like that mentality. These young Russians are really making a charge.
GasquetGulbis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote