2009 Ashes - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-29-2009, 02:50 PM   #1
country flag Consigliere

Consigliere has a reputation beyond reputeConsigliere has a reputation beyond reputeConsigliere has a reputation beyond reputeConsigliere has a reputation beyond reputeConsigliere has a reputation beyond reputeConsigliere has a reputation beyond reputeConsigliere has a reputation beyond reputeConsigliere has a reputation beyond reputeConsigliere has a reputation beyond reputeConsigliere has a reputation beyond reputeConsigliere has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2009 Ashes

So I've been looking at the odds for this series for a while now. All agencies have the Aussies as favourites at something like $2, with an England win about $3. But here's the weird thing to me, the draw is as much as $6 in some places. I can't work out why there is such a discrepancy between the last outcome to the other two. If as everyone is predicting it turns out to be an even series, I don't see why a draw is so unlikely.

I'm thinking England will have the upper hand for most of the series, they have all bases covered with their team and will rise at home and in the conditions Aussies will struggle. So I've been intending to generally go with them anyway and back England to win and cover myself with a draw but now I'm thinking about spending the same amount on a draw because it really does seem an exorbitantly large dividend for a marginally less likely outcome.
Consigliere is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2009, 04:51 PM   #2
country flag its.like.that
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Ashes

I agree with you mr counsel. Don't think that the Australian squad is overly strong, and if Flintoff is fully fit I'd almost give the edge to the poms.

I've already taken a lay of Australia to win @ 1.72, which equates to roughly 2.40 odds for either a draw or an English victory.
its.like.that is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:21 PM   #3
country flag sports freak

sports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond repute
Talking The Ashes!!!!

Go the Aussies Should be a beauty,Punter should be up for a big one!

60 units on Australia 1.90 Ashes series result!

60 units on Ricky Ponting 1.90 over Phil Hughes most runs in series!

60 units on Mitch Johnson 2.50 most Aus wickets in series!

Good luck-Ponting 2.70 most runs group A (Hughes/Strauss)!
sports freak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:26 PM   #4
country flag ryan23

ryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Ashes!!!!

1ST Test

England/Australia DRAW

A lot of rain in Cardif today,

Big Star/Alex Chilton R.I.P

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
ryan23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 06:07 AM   #5

sports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2009 Ashes

Damn rain Ryan,hopefully it doesnt stay around too long!Feel this series is going to be explosive with Aussie's having a 60/40 advantage all up to be honest!If the pace bowlers get on top early then it could become 65/35,70/30 series!Aussies batting depth shuold keep them in good stead as long as the bowlers do their part of the business!
Old 07-08-2009, 08:42 AM   #6
bad gambler

It's on LIKE DONKEY KONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Series Bets

Australia to win the series - $2.00
Australia to retain the urn - $1.50

Clark most wickets for Australia - $4.75

Siddle more wickets than Broad - $2.00
Anderson more wickets than Johnson - $2.20

Bopara most runs for Poms - $5.50
Strauss most runs for Poms - $4.25
Katich most runs for Australia - $5.50

Bopara more runs than KP - $2.02
Katich more runs than Hughes - $1.95
Haddin more runs than Prior - $1.92

gl
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:31 AM   #7
country flag Bolar Bolabi

Bolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond repute

England to win the first test @ $3.25 - Large play

I'll always play draw if need be.

Australia's bowlers.

Siddle/Hilfenhaus/Hauritz/Johnson/McDonald

20 wicket lineup? I don't think so.

Winner: Sydney
SF: Kooyong

Bolar Bolabi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:01 AM   #8
country flag its.like.that
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

England 1st innings - under 374.5 runs @ 1.88
its.like.that is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:05 AM   #9
country flag ryan23

ryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sports freak View Post
Damn rain Ryan,hopefully it doesnt stay around too long!Feel this series is going to be explosive with Aussie's having a 60/40 advantage all up to be honest!If the pace bowlers get on top early then it could become 65/35,70/30 series!Aussies batting depth shuold keep them in good stead as long as the bowlers do their part of the business!
today looks brighter, not to sure about the next few days

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
Old 07-09-2009, 02:37 AM   #10
bad gambler

Not happy with Clark's non selection which ruins my outright on him for the series

The pitch is definitely taking turn so I think if the Poms get another 40 runs or so that would be a very competitive 1st innings score. It's only going to get harder to bat on.

England to have a 1st innings lead - $1.80

gl
Old 07-09-2009, 03:23 AM   #11

Captain Courageous!

60 units on Ricky Ponting Over 40.5 runs 1st innings -Looking for a big knock!

60 units on Ponting 1.88 over Phil Hughes 1st innings h2h - Alot of pressure on the young man at only 20yrs of age with enormous expectations,his time will come sooner then later hopefully not too soon!

GL -lean on Hughes 1st man out!
Old 07-09-2009, 08:06 AM   #12
country flag ryan23

Should be a nice day today weather wise and tomorrow,however things are meant to change for saturday and sunday but wait and see i guess,

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
Old 07-09-2009, 11:02 AM   #13
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Swann, Broad and Anderson did well with the bat, the Poms have a good total.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:31 AM   #14
bad gambler

1st innings:

Australia under 535.5 runs - $1.85

gl
Old 07-12-2009, 07:00 AM   #15
bad gambler