Michael Jackson dead after cardiac arrest - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-26-2009, 03:35 AM   #121
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Michael Jackson dead after cardiac arrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream View Post
Forgetting the second half of his career when he was caught up in scandals and morphed into Wacko Jacko, I remember this moment like it was yesterday. It was one of the most electric TV performances that kicked off Michael-mania big time. It's all anybody was talking about the next day. And the day after. And the week after. Don't tell me none of you 80s babies never tried to copy his moonwalk or any of his other moves.

BILLIE JEAN MOTOWN 25
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x32...otown-25_music
I found this article that articulates better what I was saying about this iconic moment from MJ.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/monkeysee/2...ml?sc=fb&cc=fp

Michael Jackson: The Moment That Made Him The King Of Pop

...Jackson's performance of "Billie Jean" on Motown 25: Yesterday, Today, Forever, the 1983 television special, caught him precisely at the moment when he was at his most amazing, his most otherworldly in a good way, his most lithe and eye-popping and wonderfully alien. Still recognizably the kid who sang "The Love You Save," but recognizably something entirely new as well. It was six months after the release of Thriller.

For many, many people, this was the first opportunity they had to see this incarnation of him. This is where everyone I knew first saw the moonwalk, and if you weren't there or didn't watch it or maybe weren't a kid at the time, you cannot imagine what a big deal it was. I was in middle school, and I think we all tried it. You can hear the crowd scream when he does it here — it's not a scream of recognition, like it would be when he did it later. It's a scream of shock.

Before YouTube allowed people to actually relive a performance like this at will and en masse, this was the sort of thing that spread as legend more than as reality. Watch this, though, and you can see that it was entirely real:

"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2009, 04:34 AM   #122
country flag Benny_Maths

Benny_Maths has a reputation beyond reputeBenny_Maths has a reputation beyond reputeBenny_Maths has a reputation beyond reputeBenny_Maths has a reputation beyond reputeBenny_Maths has a reputation beyond reputeBenny_Maths has a reputation beyond reputeBenny_Maths has a reputation beyond reputeBenny_Maths has a reputation beyond reputeBenny_Maths has a reputation beyond reputeBenny_Maths has a reputation beyond reputeBenny_Maths has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lololita View Post
Yes, if only Jackson was still here to spend it on crap he didn't need

Hopefully his kids will get a nice part of it, should pay for the upcoming decades of therapy
Hopefully the 'sleepover' kids will get a good slice of it for therapy. Oh wait, you don't need therapy for something that didn't happen.

RIP MJ, the one and only King of Pop.
Benny_Maths is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 05:53 AM   #123
country flag bobrocks

bobrocks has a reputation beyond reputebobrocks has a reputation beyond reputebobrocks has a reputation beyond reputebobrocks has a reputation beyond reputebobrocks has a reputation beyond reputebobrocks has a reputation beyond reputebobrocks has a reputation beyond reputebobrocks has a reputation beyond reputebobrocks has a reputation beyond reputebobrocks has a reputation beyond reputebobrocks has a reputation beyond repute

Farrah's death was sad but not shocking, cause we allknew she was dying of cancer, but MJ's death came straight out of left field. What a shocker.
I was never much of a fan, but I always felt he lived kind of a tragic life, considering he was so famous.
bobrocks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 06:09 AM   #124
country flag Clara Bow

Clara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond repute

tangy- thanks for the link to the article.

I remember watching that performance when it was on TV when I was kid- and it was just so crazy when he did that. It was incredible.

I have to think that for many people who grew up in the 1980s- Michael Jackson is just part of our memories. I have so many memories connected to him. I remember the first time I saw a video with him- it was Billie Jean on the America's Top Ten TV show (remember that?) and I was so entranced. There used to be so many Michael Jackson products- clothing and lunch boxes, etc. I had a little sleevless shirt that had tiny little graphic MJ figurines with little glitterly gloves.

One of my families memories that we rehash when he have had too much to drink over the holidays is when my folks brought the Thriller album for me. After having it for a week I choregraphed a dance to "Thriller" (this was before the video was out). I performed it for my parents. In part if it I acted scared during one of Vincent Price's bits and my dad started to be annoyed and told me not to be such a scardy cat. I burst into tears and told him that I was acting and he was ruining the dance.

Sorry for the babbling- but his passing makes me remember my childhood. And reminds me as someone in my 30s how I am getting older and older and how far away my childhood is.

I do think it is a shame that he never seemed to get over whatever demons he got during his childhood. Frankly- he was an oddball with a total Peter Pan complex. But I do think he was a great talent. I don't know if people who were not around during his heyday realize what a huge deal he was at the time.

Last edited by Clara Bow : 06-26-2009 at 06:18 AM.
Clara Bow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 06:12 AM   #125
country flag BelgianWaffle

BelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
First Farrah, now Michael, who's next?
25th june is not a good day. One of the strongest leading ladies in television in Belgium and an icon for the lesbian community also committed suicide yesterday.

I was never a huge fan of MJ but I do have a best of-compilation (with his older songs) that I very much appreciate. I think he had a rough and troubled life. To be honest, I never thought he'd make it to 70 with all the health problems he had. (and obviously I don't this for sure, but my guess he had some serious mental issues as well, like depression)

He was definitely an icon.
BelgianWaffle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 06:27 AM   #126
country flag Jadranka

Jadranka has a reputation beyond reputeJadranka has a reputation beyond reputeJadranka has a reputation beyond reputeJadranka has a reputation beyond reputeJadranka has a reputation beyond reputeJadranka has a reputation beyond reputeJadranka has a reputation beyond reputeJadranka has a reputation beyond reputeJadranka has a reputation beyond reputeJadranka has a reputation beyond reputeJadranka has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe this a true legend..

RIP
Jadranka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:00 AM   #127
country flag jonathancrane

jonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond repute

RIP
A great entertainer and an underrated singer; he had an amazing voice.
"Thriller", "Off the wall" and "Bad" are classic records.
jonathancrane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:06 AM   #128
country flag partygirl

partygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond repute

My favorite & it makes me think of a time when people used to pass out just watching him live, in motion.

Thought this rehersal footage was sweet too, just watching him work it out with no one in the stadium.
partygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:09 AM   #129
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee-gee View Post
Absolutely distraught

My musical idol, one of my biggest regrets was that I never got to see him live. Then I got so excited when I got tickets for his London concert. I'm totally flat, I don't know what to say.

Thanks for all the genius music and dancing, greatest of all time. RIP.

I saw him live twice. The Bad tour and the Dangerous tour. I always wanted him to tone his concerts down because all you needed was good spotlights to just enjoy watching him dance and sing. He didn't need all the hoopla around him, I always thought.
To watch him do the moonwalk and dance right in front of you is magic. Sorry for those who will never see that.

I'm a bit gobsmacked with what happened to his life and how he changed into something I simply could not relate to at all but his music still stands rock solid and the artist in him will be missed.

Quote:
That's one of the highlights of his career. Thanks for adding it, tangy. It was sheer magic and I do agree that it's hard to understand the impact of this performance unless you saw it at that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara Bow View Post
I have to think that for many people who grew up in the 1980s- Michael Jackson is just part of our memories. I have so many memories connected to him. I remember the first time I saw a video with him- it was Billie Jean on the America's Top Ten TV show (remember that?) and I was so entranced. There used to be so many Michael Jackson products- clothing and lunch boxes, etc. I had a little sleevless shirt that had tiny little graphic MJ figurines with little glitterly gloves.

One of my families memories that we rehash when he have had too much to drink over the holidays is when my folks brought the Thriller album for me. After having it for a week I choregraphed a dance to "Thriller" (this was before the video was out). I performed it for my parents. In part if it I acted scared during one of Vincent Price's bits and my dad started to be annoyed and told me not to be such a scardy cat. I burst into tears and told him that I was acting and he was ruining the dance.
I grew up in the 80s as well.

Sometime in that decade, I visited my family in Germany and they had friends over from East-Germany. That was still at the time of the wall and the cold war and everything.
I had tapes with me of Michael Jackson (Thriller and Bad) to play in my walkman and this guy from E-Germany had seen them.
He approached me (through my family member because I hadn't learned German by that time yet) and asked me if he could sneak the tapes into E-Germany for his kids. They love Michael Jackson but it's very hard to get your hands on that music, he said.
So, I gave my tapes to him.
The next year, I was visiting my family again and this man was there again.
I asked him if his kids liked the tapes. "Are you kidding? They were over the moon with them" He told me about what sort of impact the tapes had: they had huge parties over the tapes. It spread like a wild fire that somebody had Michael Jackson tapes and they came from far to get a copy.

Last edited by Castafiore : 06-26-2009 at 08:09 AM.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:11 AM   #130
country flag Chiseller

Chiseller has a reputation beyond reputeChiseller has a reputation beyond reputeChiseller has a reputation beyond reputeChiseller has a reputation beyond reputeChiseller has a reputation beyond reputeChiseller has a reputation beyond reputeChiseller has a reputation beyond reputeChiseller has a reputation beyond reputeChiseller has a reputation beyond reputeChiseller has a reputation beyond reputeChiseller has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, why the greats always have to ruin themselves..
RIP King.

Chiseller is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:13 AM   #131
country flag Mrs. B
MY BOY HAS 17 GRAND SLAMS

Mrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond repute

R.I.P., Michael Jackson

Thank you for the music.

FRENCH KISS
Mrs. B is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:18 AM   #132
country flag MJ angel

MJ angel has a reputation beyond reputeMJ angel has a reputation beyond reputeMJ angel has a reputation beyond reputeMJ angel has a reputation beyond reputeMJ angel has a reputation beyond reputeMJ angel has a reputation beyond reputeMJ angel has a reputation beyond reputeMJ angel has a reputation beyond reputeMJ angel has a reputation beyond reputeMJ angel has a reputation beyond reputeMJ angel has a reputation beyond repute

So sad that my first post has to do with his death .

I never bought all the crap around this genius of music ..so my memory of him will remain intact FOREVER !!

The best dancer ever michael Joseph Jackon .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex30DYwQlHU
MJ angel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:26 AM   #133
country flag Rita

Rita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond repute

R.I.P

Rogelio no complain he good boy no?

Rita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:12 AM   #134
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

Great songs but for me his legacy is a tad tainted because of all the accusations (plus dangling baby in the balcony).

http://kuvaton.com/browse/12216/michael_jackson.jpg
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:12 AM   #135
country flag Jōris

Jōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond reputeJōris has a reputation beyond repute

RIP

So weird he's no more.