Michael Jackson dead after cardiac arrest - Page 17 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-27-2009, 01:44 AM   #241
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Michael Jackson dead after cardiac arrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by prima donna View Post
Why ? Because I'm an advocate of fiscal conservatism ? I've never espoused social conversative views, not even on the issue of same-sex marriage. People just chose to demonize me for refusing to openly support it. There's nothing retrograde about my philosophy.

Again, the caricature of a 31-year-old Italian living in Greenwich with his Jewish wife as a retrograde bigot is an inaccurate depiction of reality. Michael Jackson's emotional problems (be they real or imaginary) shouldn't be part of public discourse. Judge not lest ye be judged.
Why would someone with such an elitist view on tennis, life and whatnot defend Michael Jackson, a guy who had such a low self-esteem he changed his own skin colour? That's the perfect display of a commoner... no self-confidence.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2009, 01:45 AM   #242
country flag Ilovetheblues_86

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
People are so strange. Because of this sudden death, now this absolute lunatic is being revered as if he were freaking Bach or something.

Unless you are an American who bought all that bubblegum disgrace MJ churned out during the 70s and 80s, why would anyone ever call this guy "greatest entertainer in history" or something like that?

You people need some perspective in your lives. MJ was just a media phenomenon, without any musical quality. He was also a deeply disturbed person that would have been sent to a mental institution if he weren't rich and famous. Does anyone really think a guy who admitted having "sleepovers" with little children is sane? A guy who held a baby off a balcony?

Now you get those fake, phony messages of regret from guys who hated him just because they don't wanna lose the huge marketing tide that's about to come.

You gotta love the showbiz and the absurd lack of perspective always associated with it.
I think MJ had great musical quality. Off the Wall is a very good album. He had the moves, he was very rithmic, and could sing in a very decent way. But after Off the Wall, Thriller was just too plain pop (had some good songs like Billie Jean also), and then I think it was too pop.
Off course the media made him the king of pop but he could entertain a lot in the disco era of first decade of 80´s, even I, as a Kid, used to thought his songs very energetic in the begin of 90´s. Maybe he wasn´t the best, but at the first solo years he was at least a good entertainer.

Then when it comes to the accusations, I don´t think he´s a pedophile, he was just too innocent for the adult world. Let´s say that you take care of some children boys and girls and sleep with some children in the same bed the same way you would with your son or nephew, you just don´t go telling around. He was really screwed.

MAY THE SPIRIT OF KOSTAS PROTECT US
Ilovetheblues_86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 01:46 AM   #243

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

I saw a video where you could see a lot of spots that he used to cover with make-up.
Apparently he knew he was going to be white and full of spots and did the bleaching to not have those spots because of Vitiligo.
To a good musician.

Last edited by Ilovetheblues_86 : 06-27-2009 at 01:54 AM.
Old 06-27-2009, 01:58 AM   #244
country flag prima donna
Banned!

prima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why would someone with such an elitist view on tennis, life and whatnot defend Michael Jackson, a guy who had such a low self-esteem he changed his own skin colour? That's the perfect display of a commoner... no self-confidence.
Vitiligo has nothing to do with bleaching one's skin. You're smart enough to make the distinction. Actually, assuming that Jackson did wish to alter his skin tone, he must have been quite persistent in doing so. I find it strange that the skin discolorations grew worse with time as opposed to just happening at once. It was a gradual deterioration, not sudden.

If you're really interested in pursuing this bogus theory, try juxtaposting photographs of Michael Jackson in the late 80s (when the problem emerged) with photos from 1993, 2005 and 2009.

As to the notion that Michael Jackson's mentality was that of a commoner, I'm not quite sure that I'd be so bold about attaching such a label to someone whose best friend was Elizabeth Taylor. She's an elitist if there ever was one -- she was actually born into wealth, unlike most Hollywood stars.

Just because I have an affinity with a certain socioeconomic class doesn't mean I approve of of narrow-minded reasoning. Elitism and tennis ? I've never been critical of Nadal's family. I just dislike the sort of fans he's brought to the sport -- they aren't exactly part of his socioeconomic class.
prima donna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 01:59 AM   #245
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovetheblues_86 View Post
I think MJ had great musical quality. Off the Wall is a very good album. He had the moves, he was very rithmic, and could sing in a very decent way. But after Off the Wall, Thriller was just too plain pop (had some good songs like Billie Jean also), and then I think it was too pop.
Off course the media made him the king of pop but he could entertain a lot in the disco era of first decade of 80´s, even I, as a Kid, used to thought his songs very energetic in the begin of 90´s. Maybe he wasn´t the best, but at the first solo years he was at least a good entertainer.

Then when it comes to the accusations, I don´t think he´s a pedophile, he was just too innocent for the adult world. Let´s say that you take care of some children boys and girls and sleep with some children in the same bed the same way you would with your son or nephew, you just don´t go telling around. He was really screwed.
Being an entertainer doesn't mean he meant anything to music.

Sleeping with strange kids? That's sick in my book.

Quote:
I saw a video where you could see a lot of spots that he used to cover with make-up.
Apparently he knew he was going to be white and full of spots and did the bleaching to not have those spots because of Vitiligo.
To a good musician.
Musician?

How many people with Vitiligo bleach themselves?
Old 06-27-2009, 02:07 AM   #246
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

Quote:
Vitiligo has nothing to do with bleaching one's skin. You're smart enough to make the distinction. Actually, assuming that Jackson did wish to alter his skin tone, he must have been quite persistent in doing so. I find it strange that the skin discolorations grew worse with time as opposed to just happening at once. It was a gradual deterioration, not sudden.

If you're really interested in pursuing this bogus theory, try juxtaposting photographs of Michael Jackson in the late 80s (when the problem emerged) with photos from 1993, 2005 and 2009.

As to the notion that Michael Jackson's mentality was that of a commoner, I'm not quite sure that I'd be so bold about attaching such a label to someone whose best friend was Elizabeth Taylor. She's an elitist if there ever was one -- she was actually born into wealth, unlike most Hollywood stars.

Just because I have an affinity with a certain socioeconomic class doesn't mean I approve of of narrow-minded reasoning. Elitism and tennis ? I've never been critical of Nadal's family. I just dislike the sort of fans he's brought to the sport -- they aren't exactly part of his socioeconomic class.
As if Elizabeth Taylor - actually someone I couldn't care less about, considering I tend to look askance to actors/actresses/hollywood stars - would be friends with him when he was a poor black kid.

About his skin problem, I can't take it seriously. Bleaching up and straightening his hair looks very suspicious to me.

You are a tennis elitist, just like me and many others. Why are you rejecting the label?
Old 06-27-2009, 02:13 AM   #247
country flag prima donna
Banned!

prima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

You are a tennis elitist, just like me and many others. Why are you rejecting the label?
I'm not at all rejecting the label. My point is that my contempt has everything to do with Nadal's game and his fans, not his socioeconomic class. Although I am a bit perturbed that he's a member of the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club. It just doesn't seem right, then again at least the muscle shirts have become a thing of the past.
prima donna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 02:14 AM   #248

Quote:
Being an entertainer doesn't mean he meant anything to music.

Sleeping with strange kids? That's sick in my book.

Musician?

How many people with Vitiligo bleach themselves?
Some baby sitter to sleep with some random boy gets sick too?
You are only seeing to the evil side.

Singer. I think M.J. hardly goes out of tone. (used to never..) : {
But in this case its different, he was the guy in 80´s and the spots would affect his appearence and acceptance. Maybe he mistook to bleach too early. A lot of people does depigmentation if it affects all the body.
But I think his low self-esteem was natural and got worse after the disease.

Last edited by Ilovetheblues_86 : 06-27-2009 at 02:27 AM.
Old 06-27-2009, 02:43 AM   #249
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

Quote:
I'm not at all rejecting the label. My point is that my contempt has everything to do with Nadal's game and his fans, not his socioeconomic class. Although I am a bit perturbed that he's a member of the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club. It just doesn't seem right, then again at least the muscle shirts have become a thing of the past.
Who's talking about Nadull here?

It's way beyond that, and you know it.

Quote:
Some baby sitter to sleep with some random boy gets sick too?
You are only seeing to the evil side.

Singer. I think M.J. hardly goes out of tone. (used to never..) : {
But in this case its different, he was the guy in 80´s and the spots would affect his appearence and acceptance. Maybe he mistook to bleach too early. A lot of people does depigmentation if it affects all the body.
But I think his low self-esteem was natural and got worse after the disease.
Just because he sang some pop songs, doesn't mean he's a musician.

Since when babysitters sleep on the same bed as the chid?
Old 06-27-2009, 02:55 AM   #250
country flag q.j.

q.j. has a reputation beyond reputeq.j. has a reputation beyond reputeq.j. has a reputation beyond reputeq.j. has a reputation beyond reputeq.j. has a reputation beyond reputeq.j. has a reputation beyond reputeq.j. has a reputation beyond reputeq.j. has a reputation beyond reputeq.j. has a reputation beyond reputeq.j. has a reputation beyond reputeq.j. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
Bilbo has already announced in this thread that, just like Liz taylor, he is too distressed right now, and will ''make a statement'' later. Whether CNN will cover that I am not sure.

a very troubled man
and a great musician, entertainer
50 years is no age for dying, awful stuff

R.I.P
Huh? Murray reached his first slam final at the 12th attempt. Federer took 18 attempts. So what if Murray only has 1 slam final? He got there quicker than Roger. He didn't have the good fortune to play a Mark Phillipousis in his first GS final, though.
q.j. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 03:32 AM   #251
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

CNN have already covered the statements of people a lot less famous than Bilbo, so there's hope.
Old 06-27-2009, 04:03 AM   #252

This song is good Gu, it is good Pop.

Old 06-27-2009, 06:15 AM   #253
country flag GugaF1

GugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond repute

Michael Jackson wasn`t a Musician. He achieved his status by being a great ping pong player, don`t you people know, come on.

A great deal of the top musicians of today, would give everything to have a career history and some of the perofmance and musical talent he had it by age 12.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwAmpn8ISV0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR5Aw...om=PL&index=22

wait, why am I feeding trolls. Nevermind.
GugaF1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 07:11 AM   #254
country flag theMEESH

theMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond repute

His isolations were intense... gosh... such an inspiration to the hip hop dance community.

And I love the way he did that thing with his jacket.

OH and BTW.. babysitters do spend some time in bed with kids... waiting for them to go to sleep. But I guess that's a technicality isn't it?

I think what really makes this suspect at all is the fact that he is well... a GUY. I don't think there are a lot of male babysitters...

If it was a female adult sleeping in a bed with children would it make it different?

That being said... he was creepy. MORE THAN CREEPY.

But as a performer... he was great.

So maybe I'm sad about the performer dying rather than the person he was off the stage? Hmmmm.
theMEESH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 08:14 AM   #255
country flag L James

L James has a reputation beyond reputeL James has a reputation beyond reputeL James has a reputation beyond reputeL James has a reputation beyond reputeL James has a reputation beyond reputeL James has a reputation beyond reputeL James has a reputation beyond reputeL James has a reputation beyond reputeL James has a reputation beyond reputeL James has a reputation beyond reputeL James has a reputation beyond repute

One of the great entertainers. His dance moves especially were revolutionary.
L James is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote