College Tennis: General Talk & News- 2011 Pre-season Talk/Make your predictions - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-13-2009, 02:00 AM   #91
country flag Ozone

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: College Tennis Official Thread

JP Smith is unstoppable. His game isn't too flashy, but he is super solid and very hard to beat.

BAGHDATIS | GASQUET | DOCTOR IVO | TIPSY

JOHN | KENDO | RUSSELL | BAKES | GINEPRI | SAM | SWEETING |MARDY | SMEE

JBlock Forever
Ozone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2009, 02:17 PM   #92
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

That's why I think Aubone is always ranked so high. He has a flashy game. I saw him when he played at Clemson last year. I know the rankings aren't supposed to be subjective but how else do they get the pre-season rankings?

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 12:43 AM   #93
country flag Ozone

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute

Again, pre-season rankings fail in every sport. They also screw teams in the season when some teams should really be in the top 5 but because the pre-season ranks had them at #30, they only jump to #12. This happens in every sport. These worthless lists should be abolished.

And they probably come up with them by last year's dual match performance, and how much the players will win now since the previous year's seniors are now gone.

JBlock Forever
Old 10-14-2009, 03:03 AM   #94
country flag Ozone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0mlK2BafZ4

Jeff

JBlock Forever
Old 10-14-2009, 03:04 PM   #95

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozone View Post
That's the last time we had a decent team. I still can't believe Young lost that match. He has dominated Hamar in the ACC tournmanet just a couple weeks before that.

Old 10-14-2009, 09:20 PM   #96
country flag Ozone

He was up 4-2 in the 3rd set and had some match points in the 3rd set breaker. On one of them, he had Hamar running desperately crosscourt and Young was at the net and Hamar hit a crosscourt backhand winner.

But just an unbelievable story for college tennis. 5 hour rain delay and Hamar(who is always in these situations for the Deacs) finally wins one to go to the sweet 16. (Todd Paul was upset that day, which is why Hamar had to grind)

JBlock Forever
Old 10-14-2009, 10:07 PM   #97

Paul lost to the mighty Jarmaine Jenkins on that day. Man I loved that guy, he was probably my favorite Clemson athlete at that point in time. I miss discussing a good team

But you gotta give props to Ryan Young, he has really worked hard to become a good pro. He wasn't as good as many people in college (he was #3 for us) yet he has worked his way into the top 500 before.

Old 10-15-2009, 02:32 AM   #98
country flag Ozone

Yes he used his anger from that match to become a very good pro. I don't think Hamar ever really tried to make it though. Hamar was probably the funniest Wake Forest tennis player ever. A true legend. I even hit with him one time. Wow I really wish I was at that match. That would have been so cool and I would be part of something that will be remembered forever in Wake Forest history.

JBlock Forever
Old 10-16-2009, 03:26 PM   #99
country flag Winnipeg
Banned!

Winnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond reputeWinnipeg has a reputation beyond repute

well looks like I will be playing college tennis at South Dakota State which is A D1 School in the Summit League.
They offered me a 50% scholarship so I will likely accept...i still have 1 and a half years of high school though but im pumped that I will get the opprutunity to play college tennis!!!

also i have a question...can i play futures and not accept money but still play college tennis???
Winnipeg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 03:32 PM   #100

Quote:
also i have a question...can i play futures and not accept money but still play college tennis???
I think so. I know a lot players play futurs over the summer and before the enter college.
SDSU? That's good man. It's very impressive to play for a D1 school no matter what it is.

Old 10-17-2009, 04:09 AM   #101
country flag Ozone

Yes, all of the college guys who play futures have to refuse to take the money. They have to keep their amatuer status. Marcus Fugate got busted for that a few years back. He kept taking the money, which made him ineligible for the next semester of college(He wasn't attending college yet, he just couldnt get in).

But you have to make the main draw to make money.

JBlock Forever
Old 10-18-2009, 12:40 AM   #102

38-3

Last edited by out_here_grindin : 10-19-2009 at 03:48 PM.
Old 10-18-2009, 02:06 AM   #103
country flag Ozone

Shut up faggot. Just tells everyone how Clemson wastes their talent because of bad coaching and lack of caring on the road.

JBlock Forever
Old 10-18-2009, 02:15 PM   #104

That Maryland loss will kill us. In games we decided to show up in we utterly dominated 25-7 over BC and 38-2 over Wake. We can win the division if we win out but we have a tough trip to Miami next week. Plus BC has only 3 ACC games left vs Virginia,Maryland and North Carolina, 3 very winnable games.

Looks like BC will win the Atlantic again

Old 10-18-2009, 06:22 PM   #105
country flag Ozone

No BC sucks. I think yall will beat them out. You guys are SOOO much more talented than BC. BC just watches teh ACC self-destruct. You guys will win it. Wake has Miami-Gerogia Tech-Florida State next Deacs-

JBlock Forever