College Tennis: General Talk & News- 2011 Pre-season Talk/Make your predictions - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-08-2009, 08:41 PM   #76
country flag Ozone

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: College Tennis Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by out_here_grindin View Post
Singh did make the semifinals last year of the individual tournament. He may be ovverated but it hard;y matters because UVA has about 4 players who could be #1 at pretty much any other school. Remember Singh played #2 last year behind Inglot and still made the semifinals. Jarmere Jenkins defeated teammate #56 Lee Singer 6-3 6-0

I think Clay Donato (UNC) is ovverated at 16.

The rankings don't have much meaning right now because it is basically based on last year. There will certainly be some new names to crack the top 20 as the season gets rolling.
Pre-season rankings always fail in every sport no matter what- as we see with Nedovyesov's loss.

And Donato gets a win today. ACC!!

And yes, Virginia just makes me want to cry cry to my mommy. Just put their whole team in the top 10

BAGHDATIS | GASQUET | DOCTOR IVO | TIPSY

JOHN | KENDO | RUSSELL | BAKES | GINEPRI | SAM | SWEETING |MARDY | SMEE

JBlock Forever
Ozone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2009, 08:51 PM   #77
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

I never had much faith in Nedo(rest of his name) either. When he was #1 last year he had a big matchup with #2 Brugues of Tulsa. Brugues routed him 6-2 6-1

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:23 PM   #78
country flag Ozone

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute

The ITA loves rankings freshmen and sophs really high. When Steve Moneke (OSU) was a freshman he was #1 in pre-season but that didn't last too long. He was #38 when I saw him play #2 singles against the Deacs during his senior year.

And if Virginia chokes in the NCAA's and doesn't win the national championship.... actually there is no way that is happening this year they have the best team they've had maybe in the history of the program

JBlock Forever
Old 10-09-2009, 12:44 AM   #79

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozone View Post
The ITA loves rankings freshmen and sophs really high. When Steve Moneke (OSU) was a freshman he was #1 in pre-season but that didn't last too long. He was #38 when I saw him play #2 singles against the Deacs during his senior year.

And if Virginia chokes in the NCAA's and doesn't win the national championship.... actually there is no way that is happening this year they have the best team they've had maybe in the history of the program
How do they rank Freshman? Will they do that after the pre-season?

A Freshman to watch out for is Cunha of Duke.

Old 10-09-2009, 01:56 PM   #80

Singh(UVA) def. Krajicek(Texas A&M) 4-6 6-3 7-6(3).
What a great match! Singh has amazing footwork and is very strong mentally.

also the always overrated Aubone of FSU got rocked 6-4 6-1 by Johnson from Southern Cal.

Old 10-10-2009, 04:06 AM   #81
country flag Ozone

Steve Johnson, the freshman who is at USC, will be very dangerous. Come time when he's a senior, he should be #1.

And change your flag back to USA, Jeff

JBlock Forever
Old 10-10-2009, 02:35 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozone View Post
Steve Johnson, the freshman who is at USC, will be very dangerous. Come time when he's a senior, he should be #1.

And change your flag back to USA, Jeff
I'm in a Somalian mood.

In Monterrey,Mexico, 2 former Deacs square off. Todd vs Parr. Should be interesting

Old 10-10-2009, 02:38 PM   #83

also, who is this Eric Quigley guy from Kentucky? He just routed Singh 6-3 6-1 to advance to the Quarterfinals.

Old 10-11-2009, 02:51 PM   #84
country flag Ozone

Eric Quigley is a baller. Watch out. He repped UK last year- even though the Deacs ousted them in the NCAA's

And Todd Paul defeats Cory Parr 62 62 in the semis. Unbelievable week for Todd. He's won 61 62, 61 61, 61 61, 62 62 and he is now in the finals. Finally some great results for Todd.

Next week college football: Deacs @ Clemson When Clemson is at home, they can beat anyone, but they are a disaster on the road.

JBlock Forever
Old 10-11-2009, 05:37 PM   #85

I'll be at the game like I am for every Clemson home game. I don't think we are playing well at all. But as you said, Wake hasn't won at Clemson since 1998 even though y;all give us fits in Winston-Salem.

Old 10-11-2009, 06:25 PM   #86
country flag Ozone

Any game at home for Clemson is winnable. A "bad year" for them just means they will get ***** on their road games.

JBlock Forever
Old 10-11-2009, 08:09 PM   #87

We haven't gotten '*****' in quite a while. Almost all of our loses are close ones.

Old 10-11-2009, 08:27 PM   #88
country flag Ozone

Todd Paul wins Mexico F11 Future 61 61 in the finals

JBlock Forever
Old 10-11-2009, 08:28 PM   #89
country flag Ozone

Looks like Clemson, Wake and MAYBE BC will have a shot at the Atlantic Division. It really doesn't matter though because whoever wins the division won't stand a chance in the championship game.

JBlock Forever
Old 10-12-2009, 02:17 PM   #90

JP Smith(Tenn) def Daescu(Oklahoma) is final 6-3 7-6