College Tennis: General Talk & News- 2011 Pre-season Talk/Make your predictions - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-26-2009, 04:40 PM   #61
country flag Ozone

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: College Tennis Official Thread

And Virginia is just invinceable. Jarmere Jenkins is a great player. I can't wait for their dynasty to settle back down to sanity. Unless I go their in 4 more years

BAGHDATIS | GASQUET | DOCTOR IVO | TIPSY

JOHN | KENDO | RUSSELL | BAKES | GINEPRI | SAM | SWEETING |MARDY | SMEE

JBlock Forever
Ozone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2009, 04:45 PM   #62
country flag Ozone

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute

Georgia Intercollegiates

The Deacs represented well here. Forman, who will be #1 this year, was 10 seed and went 2-0, rain stopped play in the round of 16. Iain Atkinson also went 2-0, and Wake's freshman did very well in the other bracket SEE HOW YOUR TEAM DID

JBlock Forever
Old 09-26-2009, 04:53 PM   #63
country flag Ozone

The University of Virginia Ranked Plus One Invitational started yesterday

https://www.nmnathletics.com//pdf5/6...B_OEM_ID=17800

Here is how the format goes:

There are MANY brackets in this invitational tournament. Most teams are from the east

The best bracket with the best players is A-1, then A-2, A-3, A-4, then B singles.

There is also doubles, which goes A-1-A-3.

Check all of the brackets out!!! Obviously, I am guessing the invited schools send their #1 player to the A-1 bracket, #2 to the A-2 bracket and so on. This is a great fall tourney check it out!!!!!!! Brackets are easy to follow on this link : https://www.nmnathletics.com//pdf5/6...B_OEM_ID=17800

JBlock Forever
Old 09-26-2009, 05:09 PM   #64
country flag Ozone

Deacs are absolutely dominating!! It looks they will be extremely competitive this year

In A-1 singles, J-P Smith(#2) is top seed. He won his 1st round match 63 61. Steve Forman from WAKE FOREST, won his 1st round match 63 64!! These 2 guys will face each other in the 2nd MD round (QF).

The 2 seed is Reid Carleton(#29) of Duke, 3 seed is Housotn Barrick(#50) from Virginia, 4 seed is Maksimuk(#62) from Louisville. All of these guys won except Maksimuk's match is still TBA.

Jarmere Jenkins also is in A-1 singles, he won 64 64 against Watson of Radford Uni- a very loaded team in the Big South conference this year (I am a huge Radford fan)

In A-2 singles, Jon Wolff's (#118) first round match is still TBD. #1 seed is Singh (#9) of UVA and 2 seed is Donato of North Carolina (#16) .

In A-3 singles, Asutin Childs of Louisville (#12) is top seed. He won upset 57 64 64 however 2nd seed (#35) Re, of Virginia Tech won. The Hokies should be an extremely competitive team in the ACC Wake's Iain Atkinson squeaked out a HUGE round 1 victory of rival North Carolina's Boyajian 75 46 75

Top seed in A-4 singles is Virginia's Michael Shabaz(#14). He faced Wake Forest's David Hopkins(sophomore). Shabaz had to squeak by D-Hop 62 67 64. Wake showing great signs here Virginia Tech's Somen will face Shabaz today. VT looks good

In A-1 doubles, Smith and Sandgren of Tennessee are the #1 team in the country, which makes them top seed. Forman/Atkinson of Wake Forest won 9-8, to set up a match-up with the #1 team Carleton/Cunha of Duke are 2 seeds.

Childs/Childs of Louisville are top seeds in A-2 doubles and #10 in the country. However, they had to face David Hopkins and Jon Wolff of Wake Forest, who played #3 doubs for the Deacs last year. The Deacs duo crushed the #10 team in the country 8-2!!!!:boucne: Noble/Boyajian of UNC will face the Deacs next. Salec and Watson of Radford won, as well as the 2 seeds from Tennessee.

Shabaz and Jenkins (#17) are top seeds in A-3 doubles as they won 1st round.

https://www.nmnathletics.com//pdf5/6...B_OEM_ID=17800

Exciting stuff in the east!!

JBlock Forever
Old 09-26-2009, 05:15 PM   #65
country flag Ozone

SEPTEMBER 4 PRE-SEASON SINGLES RANKINGS

National Preseason Singles Rankings NCAA Division I Men's Tennis
Administered by the ITA
September 4, 2009

Preseason RankPlayerSchool1Oleksandr NedovyesovOklahoma State University2John-Patrick SmithUniversity of Tennessee, Knoxville3Robert FarahUniv. of Southern California4Nate SchnuggUniversity of Georgia5Guillermo GomezGeorgia Tech6Dimitar KutrovskyUniv. of Texas at Austin7Alex ClaytonStanford University8Jean-Yves AuboneFlorida State University9Sanam SinghUniversity of Virginia10Saketh MyneniUniversity of Alabama11Carlos CuetoUniversity of Florida12Austen ChildsUniv. of Louisville13Justin KronaugeOhio State University14Michael ShabazUniversity of Virginia15Bradley KlahnStanford University16Clay DonatoNorth Carolina17Dean JacksonUniv. of San Diego18Steve JohnsonUniv. of Southern California19Moritz BaumannUniv. of Wisconsin, Madison20Boris ConkicUniversity of Tennessee, Knoxville21Bassam BeidasPepperdine22Bruno RosaRice University23Alex LacroixUniversity of Florida24Dennis NevoloUniversity of Illinois25Raony CarvalhoTexas Tech University26Roy KalmanovichUniversity of Illinois27Jordan RuxBaylor University28Diego CubasUniversity of South Carolina29Reid CarletonDuke University30Austin KrajicekTexas A&M University31Kalle NorbergUniv. of Mississippi32Jeevan NedunchezhiyanUniversity of Washington33Clint BowlesFlorida State University34Marek MichalickaUniv. of Wisconsin, Madison35Yoann ReVirginia Tech36Jay GoldmanUniv. of Arizona37Jamie HuntUniversity of Georgia38Javier GarrapizUniversity of Georgia39Matt BrooklynUCLA40Andrei DaescuUniv. of Oklahoma41Jason JungUniversity of Michigan42Pedro ZerbiniCalifornia43Dennis LajolaUniv. of Hawaii, Manoa44Robin FahgenSMU45Balazs NovakOhio State University46Ed CorrieUniv. of Texas at Austin47Kellen DamicoUniv. of Texas at Austin48Lucas JovitaUniversity of South Florida49Jaak PoldmaUniv. of Southern California50Houston BarrickUniversity of Virginia51Tobias WernetUniv. of Minnesota, Twin Cities52Lachlan FergusonIndiana University-Bloomington53James MeredithBoise State University54Tim PuetzAuburn University55Slah MbarekTCU56Lee SingerUniversity of Virginia57Kallim StewartUCLA57Nick MeisterUCLA58John PeersMiddle Tennessee State University59Christopher AumuellerUniv. of Nebraska60Shuhei UzawaOhio State University61Keziel JuneauCollege of William and Mary62Viktor MaksimcukUniv. of Louisville63Bryant SalcedoVanderbilt University64Holden SegusoUCLA65Philip StephensUniv. of Tulsa66Achim CebanSan Diego State University67Patricio AlvaradoUniv. of Southern Mississippi68Emanu BrighiuTCU69Marc AbdelnourFlorida Atlantic University70Eric QuigleyUniversity of Kentucky71Alex LlompartPepperdine72Simon ChildsUniv. of Louisville73Wael KilaniUniversity of South Florida74Steven FormanWake Forest University75David BendheimUniv. of Nebraska76Richard WireStanford University77Matt AllareOhio State University78Mihai NichiforColumbia University79Carl SundbergUniv. of Miami (Florida)80Carlos AlvarezClemson University81Patrick DaciekVirginia Tech82Dean O'BrienTennessee Tech University83Artem IlyushinMississippi State University84Drew CourtneyUniversity of Virginia85Attila BuckoBaylor University86Dylan ArnouldDuke University87Kiryl HarbatsiukSacramento State88Thibaut CharronVirginia Commonwealth University89David SimsonUniversity of Denver90Casey WattUniv. of Notre Dame91Gregory HirshmanStanford University92Michael PalumboFairfield University93Wessim DerbelUniv. of Nevada 94Chris NottUniv. of Arkansas, Fayetteville95Orcun SeyrekUNC Greensboro96Ryan ThacherStanford University97Marek CzerwinskiUniversity of Illinois98Patrick PohlmannUniv. of Wisconsin, Madison98Stephen HavensUniv. of Notre Dame99Matt KeckiUniv. of Southern California100Tobias FanselowOld Dominion University101Nobuyoshi TanakaLongwood University102Anton StryhasSacramento State103Ivan SalecRadford University104Slavko BijelicaPurdue University105Joey BurkhardtUniversity of Florida106Pedro CamposUniversity of South Carolina107Antonie BenneteauFlorida108Chase BuchananOhio State109George CouplandMississippi State 110Stefan HardyNorth Carolina111Kevin KingGeorgia Tech112Steven RoodaVirginia113Julien BleyBaylor114Matteo FagoTennessee115Vahid MirzadehFlorida State117Johnny HamuiFlorida118Jon WolffWake Forest119Andres WeberHawaii120Anton BobytskyiOklahoma State121Romain BocaertUniversity of South Alabama122Andres ArangoArizona123Chris KearneyUC Irvine124Idan MarkTulane125Luka SomenVirginia Tech

JBlock Forever
Old 09-26-2009, 05:16 PM   #66
country flag Ozone

If you dont wish to read that jumble, go to http://www.itatennis.com/AwardsAndRa...s_-_9_4_09.htm

itatennis.com is a great site to go to for college tennis.

JBlock Forever
Old 09-27-2009, 01:51 AM   #67
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

80 Carlos Alvarez of Clemson

unless he improved a lot I think that is overrated. He is solid but his game is just way to defensive for the #1 position. I think he would be a great 2,3 player. But we don't have anyone better so he is #1 by default. He had only 1 good win last year and that was over Saketh a top 30 player from Alabama.

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 02:14 PM   #68
country flag Ozone

Should be a tough year for the Tigers

I am really excited about the Deacs year though. Their #1 has improved greatly these last 3 years, however he isn't as good as Parr was.

JBlock Forever
Old 09-27-2009, 02:16 PM   #69
country flag Ozone

I think #9 Sanam Singh of UVA may be a little overrated. #8 Aubone I think I will get to watch him this year

JBlock Forever
Old 09-27-2009, 07:02 PM   #70

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

Singh did make the semifinals last year of the individual tournament. He may be ovverated but it hard;y matters because UVA has about 4 players who could be #1 at pretty much any other school. Remember Singh played #2 last year behind Inglot and still made the semifinals. Jarmere Jenkins defeated teammate #56 Lee Singer 6-3 6-0

I think Clay Donato (UNC) is ovverated at 16.

The rankings don't have much meaning right now because it is basically based on last year. There will certainly be some new names to crack the top 20 as the season gets rolling.

Old 09-28-2009, 03:31 AM   #71
country flag chowdahead25

chowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond repute

102Anton StryhasSacramento State

Singles (131) -- Record - Qualifying: 20-14 Main Draw: 24-20 -- W: Gimcheon CH F: Astana-2 CH SF: Itajai CH, San Marino CH QF: Sarasota CH, Samarkand CH, Winston-Salem

Doubles (132) -- Record - Qualifying: 20-7 Main Draw: 27-24 -- W: Gimcheon CH F: Marseille, Arad CH SF: Itajai CH, Tianjin CH, Marburg CH, Vancouver CH, San Marino CH

Check out my new tennis "career" here!!! - http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=502881
chowdahead25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 02:30 PM   #72

The All-American singles tournament is coming up soon in Tulsa

The draw is here
http://www.itatennis.com/Assets/ita_...rawSingles.pdf

Old 10-08-2009, 02:42 PM   #73
country flag Springer89

Springer89 has a reputation beyond reputeSpringer89 has a reputation beyond reputeSpringer89 has a reputation beyond reputeSpringer89 has a reputation beyond reputeSpringer89 has a reputation beyond reputeSpringer89 has a reputation beyond reputeSpringer89 has a reputation beyond reputeSpringer89 has a reputation beyond reputeSpringer89 has a reputation beyond reputeSpringer89 has a reputation beyond reputeSpringer89 has a reputation beyond repute

Live scores here
with links to livestreams (webcams)
Springer89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:33 PM   #74
country flag Ozone

Awesome pre-season stuff!!

JBlock Forever
Old 10-08-2009, 08:34 PM   #75
country flag Ozone

Top seed Oleksandr Nedovyesov has crashed out to Quigley of Kentucky 75 61

I was about to call Nedovyesov out as being overrated

JBlock Forever