College Tennis: General Talk & News- 2011 Pre-season Talk/Make your predictions - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-28-2009, 08:41 PM   #16
country flag Ozone

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: College Tennis Official Thread

ATP Tour Update: Ohio State's Matt Allare and Justin Kronauge are in the qualifying draw of the nearby Winnetka Challenger. Texas A&M's Brett Joelson will face Wake Forest's Joe Bates in the first qualy round. Kronauge will face 2 seed Monroe in the second round while Allare plays Fruttero in the first qualy round

BAGHDATIS | GASQUET | DOCTOR IVO | TIPSY

JOHN | KENDO | RUSSELL | BAKES | GINEPRI | SAM | SWEETING |MARDY | SMEE

JBlock Forever
Ozone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2009, 08:42 PM   #17
country flag Ozone

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2009/228/mds.pdf

The Winnetka Challenger Main Draw^^ has even more collegiate players. Im not naming them because it is not their first time on the tour like the 2 guys above

JBlock Forever
Old 06-30-2009, 12:25 AM   #18
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

What about local Nevolo of the Illini with the WC.

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 01:12 AM   #19
country flag Ozone

Didnt see him. I just looked at the qualy draw because I knew there would be newcomers but I guess I missed one.

JBlock Forever
Old 06-30-2009, 01:48 AM   #20
country flag Ozone

At the USA F15 Futures event in Rochester, NY, Cory Parr of Wake Forest gets a WC to make his full-time pro debut. Bryan Koniecko is also in the main draw as well as 3 seed Jean-Yves Aubone of Florida State and 8 seed Greg Ouellette of Florida. Clemson's Ryan Young joins the MD as well.

JBlock Forever
Old 07-02-2009, 02:55 AM   #21
country flag Ozone

[3] Jean-Yves Aubone (FSU), Bryan Koniecko (OSU), Cory Parr (WFU), Austin Krajicek (TAMU) all get 1st round wins in the USA F15 Future.

JBlock Forever
Old 07-03-2009, 12:32 AM   #22

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

Also Blake Strobe of Arkansas who made the NCAA individual semifinals.

I am a little concerned with Clemson's recruiting class. We got 5 star Zach Rigsby and 2 unranked international players. I get worried when I see teams like Virginia and Wake Forest getting Blue chip recruits. Even Maryland, whose tennis program is historically one of the worst in the ACC, has a better class.

Old 07-05-2009, 07:07 PM   #23

Newport Qualies: Thompson def Paul 1-6 7-6(5) 6-3

a former tiger over a former deac

Old 07-12-2009, 02:05 AM   #24
country flag Ozone

What a blown match from TP. So close!!

Cory Parr wins a future doubles title at USA F15

JBlock Forever
Old 07-13-2009, 04:52 PM   #25
country flag DartMarcus

DartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone! This is Mark typing.
I hope it`s an appropriate thread.
If you haven`t followed my thread (DartMarcus Cheering thread) you can have a look at it now.
I am interesting in going to the USA next year to study and play tennis for the university. What could you tell me about that?
I am now discussing it with one russian firm, which sends russian students/sportsman to the usa for studying. To get into this program, you have to be good at english (pass TOEFL test) and have decent tennis results.I`ve got some nice results in tennis europe tournaments, having the ranking near top 200! However I have got no ITF ranking. But my english is pretty good for my age.
All kind of info will be appreciated.

Brian Baker - Steve Johnson - Lleyton Hewitt - Robby Ginepri - Carlos Berlocq - Tommy Haas - Ivo Karlovic - Richard Gasquet - Kevin Anderson - David Ferrer - Michael Russell - Fabio Fognini - Michael Llodra - Oliver Rochus - Dustin Brown - Somdev Devvarman
DartMarcus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 02:21 AM   #26
country flag Ozone

Hey Mark!

I have heard of some of your results and things. I think it is great that you are taking advantage of the opportunity to come to the States and study at our great universities. However, it is a controversial thing of letting foreigners into our schools and taking the spots of our Americans, but that's another story

You seem like a guy that would go to a slightly smaller college(just me). You seem like a great player, but I don't know if you are the player that college coaches are really going to recruit badly for(I may be wrong). That means Division I schools(like University of Texas, Ohio State U, U of Florida, U of North Carolina, Virginia Tech, Florida State) may not target you as much as players they are familiar with by going to the tournaments and scouting and stuff like that. I don't know if coaches are looking at you or if they know to target you or not??

Some people are different. Some like to go to big schools and play way down the roster(like BIG Division I schools, teh ones I listed above), and some like to star at small schools. Smaller schools are from Division II, Division III, the NAIA divisions. If you would like it somewhere in between playing at a big school and staring at a small school, smaller Division I schools are the perfect fit. These schools are still big time D1 schools, but usually with a less undergraduate enrollment. I think you would be a good fit for a smaller Division I school. Going to these schools are very underrated. They are still division I, have a nice size to them, usually are in medium-small towns, and have very competitive conferences.

I may have gone completely out of orbit with this long rant, but I hope it is some help you are looking for. It is from the tennis side of things. If you'd like to know about stuff from the more academic side of things, Jeff (out_here_grindin) can help you.

BY the way, how old are you??

JBlock Forever
Old 07-14-2009, 05:51 AM   #27
country flag DartMarcus

DartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozone View Post
Hey Mark!

I have heard of some of your results and things. I think it is great that you are taking advantage of the opportunity to come to the States and study at our great universities. However, it is a controversial thing of letting foreigners into our schools and taking the spots of our Americans, but that's another story

You seem like a guy that would go to a slightly smaller college(just me). You seem like a great player, but I don't know if you are the player that college coaches are really going to recruit badly for(I may be wrong). That means Division I schools(like University of Texas, Ohio State U, U of Florida, U of North Carolina, Virginia Tech, Florida State) may not target you as much as players they are familiar with by going to the tournaments and scouting and stuff like that. I don't know if coaches are looking at you or if they know to target you or not??

Some people are different. Some like to go to big schools and play way down the roster(like BIG Division I schools, teh ones I listed above), and some like to star at small schools. Smaller schools are from Division II, Division III, the NAIA divisions. If you would like it somewhere in between playing at a big school and staring at a small school, smaller Division I schools are the perfect fit. These schools are still big time D1 schools, but usually with a less undergraduate enrollment. I think you would be a good fit for a smaller Division I school. Going to these schools are very underrated. They are still division I, have a nice size to them, usually are in medium-small towns, and have very competitive conferences.

I may have gone completely out of orbit with this long rant, but I hope it is some help you are looking for. It is from the tennis side of things. If you'd like to know about stuff from the more academic side of things, Jeff (out_here_grindin) can help you.

BY the way, how old are you??
Thanks for the info. I`ll just try to translate to understand it all now
I am 16 (dob: 01/04/1993), but I probably look younger than I am (14 or 15) but I have already finished the school this year
I`ve got some russian friends, who play for us universities : Nikita Ryashchenko, 19 (Utah State University), Andrey Morozov (19, Troy University, Alabama state), Viktoria Zhilkina, 17 (Michigan Technological University), but i doubt you can know them

Brian Baker - Steve Johnson - Lleyton Hewitt - Robby Ginepri - Carlos Berlocq - Tommy Haas - Ivo Karlovic - Richard Gasquet - Kevin Anderson - David Ferrer - Michael Russell - Fabio Fognini - Michael Llodra - Oliver Rochus - Dustin Brown - Somdev Devvarman
DartMarcus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:47 PM   #28
country flag Ozone

Wow I thought you were much older!! I do not know why though. You probably have a great chance of getting into a school like your friends.

JBlock Forever
Old 07-16-2009, 01:26 AM   #29

At 16 you have time to get better and get more attention. Keep at it dude, you could get into a school like Utah State for sure.

Old 07-16-2009, 01:32 AM   #30

Peoria Future:

Bowles (FSU) def. Fogleman (UNC) 5-7 6-3 6-2
Venus (LSU) def. Koniecko (OSU) 6-2 5-7 7-5