College Tennis: General Talk & News- 2011 Pre-season Talk/Make your predictions - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-25-2010, 02:32 AM   #151
country flag Ozone

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: College Tennis Official Thread

The Demon Deacs win there ACC opener 5-2 against NC State!! Tripper Carleton did not play so it probably could have been 6-1 or 7-0. Steve Forman should be playing #1 all along though.

BAGHDATIS | GASQUET | DOCTOR IVO | TIPSY

JOHN | KENDO | RUSSELL | BAKES | GINEPRI | SAM | SWEETING |MARDY | SMEE

JBlock Forever
Ozone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2010, 02:34 AM   #152
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I'm not sure why we didn't play Georgia this year. We have been playing them every for as long as I can remember, but for some reason they went off the schedule this year. Wer should have played a few more tough teams, but still I would rather be ranked 33rd with a 15-2 record than in the 50s and 60s with a mediocre record.

I hope Bizjak can come back from injury soon, he would add depth to the line-up and senior experience. Could have used him today, he beat Campos 6-2 6-3 last year.

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 01:44 AM   #153

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

ACC weekend results:

Duke def BC 6-1
def Maryland 5-2

Virginia def Miami 7-0
def FSU 5-2

VT def FSU 5-2
def Miami 5-2

GT def NC State 6-1
def Wake Forest 4-3

Wake Forest def Clemson 7-0

NC State def Clemson 5-2

UNC def Maryland 4-3
def BC 6-1

Virginia Tech and Georgia Tech had impressive weeks, they are moving themse;ves to the front of the pack. UVA defeated perhaps their toughest competitors in FSU. Also, Maryland was surprisingly competitive with UNC and Duke, they may be a surprise team in the next few years.

Old 03-29-2010, 11:37 PM   #154
country flag Ozone

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute

WAKE FOREST 7- CLEMSON 0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04854XqcfCY

JBlock Forever
Old 03-29-2010, 11:51 PM   #155

I was quite dissapointed with that result. Bad weekend for Clemson. We almost beat Wake last year with what I thought was an inferior team.

Did you go to the match Ozone?

Old 03-30-2010, 08:41 PM   #156
country flag Ozone

Nah man I was at a tournament myself. And Wake's loss to Ga Tech was absolutely ridiculous and heartbreaking. Forman (who is now playing #1) was up 5-1 in the 3rd set to #5 Gomez of Ga Tech. Forman started cramping and couldnt win another game to give Ga Tech the win. Carleton also lost 75 in the 3rd set at #2. Really terrible loss. Oh well. #2 in the conference is still very likely for the Deacs

JBlock Forever
Old 03-30-2010, 08:44 PM   #157
country flag Ozone

Dude dude dude. Wake and UNC are playing right now in Chapel Hill!! Vamos Wake!
http://tarheelblue.cstv.com/sports/m...st-040506.html

Live stat link^

You should become a Wake fan since we can compete for an ACC title

JBlock Forever
Old 03-30-2010, 08:46 PM   #158
country flag Ozone

Wtf we lost the doubs point. Forman is playing with Leslie instead of Atkinson?? Weird. Leslie is absolutely a sick talented doubs player though. Ive seen him do drills. Amazing.

JBlock Forever
Old 03-30-2010, 10:21 PM   #159
country flag Ozone

WAKE FOREST DEMON DEACONS 4
NORTH CAROLINA TAR HEELS 2

#24 Wake (9-5, 3-1) loses the doubles point but fights back BIG in singles and dominates tie-breakers to take the rivalry 4-2 against #20 UNC.

In singles, #56 Steve Forman defeated #51 Clay Donato in a quick 3 setter 61 26 63. At #2, freshman and #42 held on for a 60 76(5) victory against #78 Hernandez. At #3, Jon Wolff was defeated by Carolina's #108 Boyajian 26 36. At #4, #101 Iain Atkinson held off Hardy 62 76(3). At #5, freshman Danny Kreyman came through for the Deacs and clinched the duel 62 76(3) against Crone. Freshman Zach Leslie is still on court at #6 up 75 66. They may call it off or play on. Idk.

BIG WIN!!

JBlock Forever
Old 03-30-2010, 11:30 PM   #160

good win for Wake, but I think FSU and Duke are slightly better, but we will see. Clemson plays GT tomorrow(another 7-0 loss probably).

Are you a fan of Tripper Carleton? How is he this year?

my acc individual rankings:

pos 1: 1. Cunha 2.Gomez 3.Shabaz 4.Re 5.Aubone
pos 2: 1. Singh 2.Carleton 3.Mizradeh 4.Somen 5.King
pos 3: 1. Bowles 2.Courtney 3.Galloway

Old 03-31-2010, 10:55 PM   #161
country flag Ozone

I like what you're doing there. Kinda like ALL-ACC teams. Hmm. Dude we should get focused on other conferences. I will take Pac-10 and the SEC, you can stick with the ACC and the big 12 and big Ten. Yes I am giving you 1 extra but how good is the big ten really? And also you dont have to learn anything more about the ACC

Tripper Carleton. Freshman blue chip recruit from Florida. Brother of Duke's Reid Carleton. Yeah ima fan. It's tough to see the good in his game since he is playing #1 and #2, but he can really play the game. He is a very good, smart tennis player. Not a ball basher or baseliner. Actually he does his duties at the baseline but he understands the game. Kind of like in basketball- you have the good atheletes who can just get to the rim and jump high and dunk- then you have the little white kid who has intuition and can pass and is in the right spot in the right time and knows when to and when not to shoot. That's kind of like Trip-trip. He isn't that smart but he knows where he is at and what he has to do. The more and more I write this the more I keep doubting myself because he really should have stepped up against JP Smith on his serve.

But anyways, Tripper can setup points very well. He hits a great ball and he is able to wear down his opponents very well. He really shines when he plays #3 doubles, because he gets a chance to shine against inferior talent. Trip-trip is going to keep learning and get better and better, I guarantee that. By his senior year, we should be looking at a top 10 player.

JBlock Forever
Old 03-31-2010, 11:07 PM   #162
country flag Ozone

NEW RANKINGS!!!
http://www.ncaa.com/sports/m-tennis/division_i2.html
TOP 25

1- Virginia^
2- Ohio State
3- Tennessee
4- Southern California*
5- Texas
6- Florida
7- Stanford
8- Georgia
9- UCLA
10- Kentucky
11- Baylor
12- Texas A&M
13- Texas Tech
14- Louisville
15- Illinois
16- Mississippi
17- California
18- Virgnia Tech
19- Oklahoma
20- North Carolina
21- Washington
22- Florida State
23- Pepperdine
24- Wake Forest
25- Georgia Tech

^= National Indoors Champion
*= Defending National Champions

JBlock Forever
Old 04-01-2010, 12:17 AM   #163

Clemson lost 7-0 to GT today. Not as bad as the scoreline suggests, there were several 3 setters and tough matches. But I was bassled at the line-up. Why did DiFazio play #1 vs Gomez? Last year Alvarez took Gomez to a 3rd set tiebreak before falling, it's a good matchup for him. Whatever, 2 absolute must wins this weekend vs Maryland(improving team) and BC.

You got SEC? Ok. The SEC is probably the best conference at the top.

I don't know a whole lot about the Big Ten, but I will look at their results more closely now.
I will also keep an eye on some non-major conference teams that are serious contendors (like Pepperdine).

Old 04-01-2010, 12:20 AM   #164

Results for every team: http://www.itatennis.com/AwardsAndRa...estResults.htm
I check that about 3 times a day because they update a lot. i look at the results of all the ranked teams.

Big 12 surprise of the year so far: Texas Tech. They are ranked 13 and have been playing very well lately. Raony Carvalho has risen to #6 in the singles. A friend of mine told me that he is one of the smoothest players he has ever seen at the college level. Can Texas Tech challenge Texas and Baylor? Oklahoma has also been better this year, with coach John Roddick. The Big 12 south is so loaded, with 5 teams in the top 20.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:40 PM   #165
country flag Ozone

Big win today for the Demon Deacons at Miami. They clinch with a 4-1 lead.

I like what they did in doubs. They put #14 Forman-Atkinson together at 1, who are kind of shaky this year, then they put Wolff-Morgenstern at 2, really interesting combination, and then at 3 Carleton and Leslie paired up- that is an absolute unstoppable team. Should be an automatic win. Leslie has incredible hands to say the least. Carleton is just a super solid doubles player.

Miami is definitely having a down year due to all the players they lost last year. Wake is now 10-5, 4-1

JBlock Forever

Last edited by Ozone : 04-03-2010 at 01:07 AM.