2009 Wimbledon 'Battle of the Boards' pick 'em contest - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-21-2009, 08:46 AM   #1
country flag steven

steven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2009 Wimbledon 'Battle of the Boards' pick 'em contest

The WIMBLEDON 'BATTLE OF THE BOARDS' PICK 'EM contest is now open for entries at http://www.britishtennis.net/Competitions.html - qualifiers have already been placed on the entry formm which has also been adjusted to take into account the effects of the Nadal/Baggy withdrawals.

Entries will close at 11.00 GMT / 13.00 CET / 7 am US EDT on MONDAY.

The competition works like FITD on here or the ATP Bracket Challenge (so you can enter in a couple of minutes by re-using your picks for either of those contests) but with a different scoring system which balances the effects of rounds a bit more and a team element - as well as playing for the individual title, you can compete against RogerFederer.com, AndyMurray.com, AndyRoddick.com, BritishTennis.net, etc, to help MTF to win the team title too.

There is also a Hall of Fame and an overall year-round ranking system - your best 7 scores from up to 9 tournaments count, with slam scores allowed to count twice, so you actually end up counting 7 scores from 13.

There's an entry limit of 500, with the top 250 in the overall rankings getting automatic entry as long as they get their picks in before the deadline shown above and other entrants being accepted on a first-come first-served basis. With 450+ entrants for each of the last two slams, it's not impossible that we will hit the limit this time, though.

MTF came last in the RG version of this contest but won Miami earlier this year. A mid-table finish at Wimbledon last year means there's room for improvement there this year.

There are two MTF posters in the top 50 of the overall individual rankings - MC and Bjorki.

Good luck!

Last edited by steven : 08-28-2009 at 12:26 PM.
steven is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2009, 07:32 PM   #2
Ivanatis

Ivanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2009 Wimbledon 'Battle of the Boards' pick 'em contest

I'm in as always in GS.
good luck to all MTFers, let's kick some ass
Ivanatis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 09:15 PM   #3
country flag amalyn

amalyn has a reputation beyond reputeamalyn has a reputation beyond reputeamalyn has a reputation beyond reputeamalyn has a reputation beyond reputeamalyn has a reputation beyond reputeamalyn has a reputation beyond reputeamalyn has a reputation beyond reputeamalyn has a reputation beyond reputeamalyn has a reputation beyond reputeamalyn has a reputation beyond reputeamalyn has a reputation beyond repute

I'm getting worse and worse at these pick'ems (I like to tell myself it's because I have less time to follow tennis now, but maybe I just suck more than I used to ), but I like to play anyway - I'm in as always.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:35 PM   #4
country flag Derevko

Derevko has a reputation beyond reputeDerevko has a reputation beyond reputeDerevko has a reputation beyond reputeDerevko has a reputation beyond reputeDerevko has a reputation beyond reputeDerevko has a reputation beyond reputeDerevko has a reputation beyond reputeDerevko has a reputation beyond reputeDerevko has a reputation beyond reputeDerevko has a reputation beyond reputeDerevko has a reputation beyond repute

Derevko (from TF) is always here. Hoping to double Miami results, when I was near to victory (if Djoko wins )
Derevko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:17 AM   #5
Ivanatis

Ivanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond repute

nice
we're in last after round 1
Old 06-29-2009, 02:11 AM   #6
country flag steven

steven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deck View Post
nice
we're in last after round 1
You forgot to add "even behind the GB tennis girls team" (many of whom only watch WTA) - I'd blame the players if I were you
Old 07-01-2009, 09:57 AM   #7
Ivanatis

Top50 now, but mtf will probably finish last
well.. we gonna win US Open then to make up for it
Old 07-05-2009, 08:16 PM   #8
country flag amalyn

amalyn has a reputation beyond reputeamalyn has a reputation beyond reputeamalyn has a reputation beyond reputeamalyn has a reputation beyond reputeamalyn has a reputation beyond reputeamalyn has a reputation beyond reputeamalyn has a reputation beyond reputeamalyn has a reputation beyond reputeamalyn has a reputation beyond reputeamalyn has a reputation beyond reputeamalyn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven View Post
You forgot to add "even behind the GB tennis girls team" (many of whom only watch WTA) - I'd blame the players if I were you
At least we didn't finish last - the GB tennis girls did.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:45 PM   #9
Ivanatis

and I considerably got worse after my Murray over Federer final prediction

I'm glad I did though
Old 07-06-2009, 02:39 AM   #10
country flag steven

Yes, you were a fair way off the bottom in the end, and ycpg (11th), you, i.e. Amalyn (52nd), Derevko (71st) and Hamstory (97th) were all top 100 in the individual.

It's your R1 picking prowess that seems to have gone a bit off though - MTF nearly always used to be ahead at the end of R1 of a slam.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:30 AM   #11
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

I think I'm to blame, for some reason the last few tournaments I've tended to go for way too many first round upsets and then it totally screws me the rest of the draw

sorry MTF. I will do better!

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote