Wimbledon - Cheering thread - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-23-2009, 03:19 AM   #31
country flag Aquarianbabe

Aquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wimbledon - Cheering thread

I wished I hadn't read that about Nico, I think I might have to change my mind about him. He might of had a wrist injury as the injury has kept him out of the game a little bit over the last few months. I hope what I have read is not true as I kind of like the guy but can't handle bad feelings towards players who don't deserve it. How could anyone be disrespectful to Pico.

The poster did say there was a nice handshake at the end of the match, which is promising.

Ok now on to the dubs, hoping Pico and Maximo can win a couple of rds.

Aquariangirl
Aquarianbabe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2009, 07:07 AM   #32
country flag kai.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

kai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond reputekai. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrero Forever View Post
I like Nico, but I guess theres no way to prove whether he had an injury or not I left the match after the first 2 sets because i was sure Pico would win it in 3, but I guess not. Realistically both these guys suck on grass, so it really came down to who was better on the day, and it looks like there was very little difference

Thank god the grass season goes as quickly as it comes.
I want to have that doctor who trate to almagro XD
after a check he servs aces

that is why i do not belive him

and well i hope the same as anita... please guys do not finish like coria-guadio

http://eltenisquenovemos.com.ar
kai. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:51 AM   #33
country flag Ferrero Forever

Ferrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kai. View Post
I want to have that doctor who trate to almagro XD
after a check he servs aces

that is why i do not belive him

and well i hope the same as anita... please guys do not finish like coria-guadio
I really find it hard to like players who aren't nice people. I guess this is why it seems strange to me that Nico would do this, because I met him earlier this year and he was really nice. One of the things I love about tennis is that the players are so friendly, not just to their fans but towards eachother. You only have to see the respect between Federer and Nadal to prove that. I think by the way Almagro fought back, he really really wanted this victory, probably more than Pico did, and I guess he was willing to do anything to get it. I just wonder what comes first, desire or decency?

I do hope that they just went their separate ways after the match, and after they've both had time to cool down they forget this whole match ever happened.

Juan Monaco, Tommy Robredo, Fernando Gonzalez, Juan Martin Del Potro, David Ferrer, Guillermo Garcia Lopez, Juan Ignatio Chela, Fernando Verdasco, Carlos Moya, Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer, Lucas Arnold Ker, Nicolas Lapentti
Ferrero Forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:59 AM   #34
country flag Aniitaa

Aniitaa has a reputation beyond reputeAniitaa has a reputation beyond reputeAniitaa has a reputation beyond reputeAniitaa has a reputation beyond reputeAniitaa has a reputation beyond reputeAniitaa has a reputation beyond reputeAniitaa has a reputation beyond reputeAniitaa has a reputation beyond reputeAniitaa has a reputation beyond reputeAniitaa has a reputation beyond reputeAniitaa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarianbabe View Post
I wished I hadn't read that about Nico, I think I might have to change my mind about him. He might of had a wrist injury as the injury has kept him out of the game a little bit over the last few months. I hope what I have read is not true as I kind of like the guy but can't handle bad feelings towards players who don't deserve it. How could anyone be disrespectful to Pico.

The poster did say there was a nice handshake at the end of the match, which is promising.

Ok now on to the dubs, hoping Pico and Maximo can win a couple of rds.
Pico said after the match in the net to Almagro something like: I shake your hand because that's the rules but i dont feel like doing it because you dont deserve it.
I have translated what he said so it is something like that....
Aniitaa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:02 PM   #35
country flag rafaelita

rafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniitaa View Post
Pico said after the match in the net to Almagro something like: I shake your hand because that's the rules but i dont feel like doing it because you dont deserve it.
There's a video in the videos thread, posted by Kai, the shake hand can be seen there. He kept saying something while they shook hands. Seems pretty much what you said He was so upset I guess it was very difficult for him to keep his cool under the circumstances.

The injury thing is something that I don't buy. Serving so well after that it's unusual, to say the least imho. I don't want to upset anybody, but Almagro did some not so nice things at RG in R2 too. Not that this should make people change their minds about liking him . It's just that I like tennis and it should be about winning fair and square. And I hope that this post won't offend anybody, it's not meant to be that way.

As for what should prevail, decency or desire, that's a personal choice for the athletes I think. I for one would go for fairness and decency, but that's just my opinion.

I am very happy to be alive. There is much fun to be had. Music, movies, books, paintings, drawings... I hope you have these things where you are. If you have them, what does the real world matter anyway? JF - Letter for Children Of The Future

Alive with music, haunting my soul Love you more.

we are the same ♥
rafaelita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 05:51 PM   #36
country flag Aniitaa

Aniitaa has a reputation beyond reputeAniitaa has a reputation beyond reputeAniitaa has a reputation beyond reputeAniitaa has a reputation beyond reputeAniitaa has a reputation beyond reputeAniitaa has a reputation beyond reputeAniitaa has a reputation beyond reputeAniitaa has a reputation beyond reputeAniitaa has a reputation beyond reputeAniitaa has a reputation beyond reputeAniitaa has a reputation beyond repute

Does anybody know what happened at the doubles match???' cause Pico and Machi got retired =S
Old 06-24-2009, 12:57 AM   #37

Ferrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You know what, thats showing that Juan is the bigger man. He's doing the right thing, letting Nico know that he's done the wrong thing, but Juan is still playing by the rules and expressing his disapproval in a civil way. I'm proud of him for that.

Juan Monaco, Tommy Robredo, Fernando Gonzalez, Juan Martin Del Potro, David Ferrer, Guillermo Garcia Lopez, Juan Ignatio Chela, Fernando Verdasco, Carlos Moya, Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer, Lucas Arnold Ker, Nicolas Lapentti
Old 06-24-2009, 11:37 AM   #38

Aquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond reputeAquarianbabe has a reputation beyond repute

I hope Nico is not going to get a bad reputation as players won't stand for it. I am another one who would rather someone win fairly and would vote over decency every time.

Aquariangirl
Old 06-24-2009, 09:07 PM   #39
country flag reiko

reiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Does anybody know what happened at the doubles match???' cause Pico and Machi got retired =S
A friend of mine was there. She suspects that Juan had problem with abs - after he got treatment by a trainer, he served only to withdrew right away.

Hope he gets well 100% soon and will be able to play in the DC tie.
reiko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:38 PM   #40
country flag Aniitaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by reiko View Post
A friend of mine was there. She suspects that Juan had problem with abs - after he got treatment by a trainer, he served only to withdrew right away.

Hope he gets well 100% soon and will be able to play in the DC tie.
I just read about this somewhere and he's ok he just had a slight pain and he withdraw to make sure it was nothing because he wants to be perfect for the Davis Cup. He went back today to Buenos Aires, because tomorrow Estudiantes plays the semifinals of the Copa Libertadores and he wants to be there to see the match lol!
Old 06-25-2009, 03:41 AM   #41

Gee the plane trip back to BA will be fantastic to be on, a lot of hot looking Argies making their way back home.

Aquariangirl
Old 06-25-2009, 05:40 AM   #42

Quote:
I just read about this somewhere and he's ok he just had a slight pain and he withdraw to make sure it was nothing because he wants to be perfect for the Davis Cup. He went back today to Buenos Aires, because tomorrow Estudiantes plays the semifinals of the Copa Libertadores and he wants to be there to see the match lol!
Typical! I'm glad he's ok and it was nothing too serious.

And Aquarianbabe, aren't Argies totally hot! There really aren't enough of them in Australia, or at least not where I live.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:46 AM   #43
country flag Corina2605

Corina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond repute

I am very glad and relieved to hear that Pico is ok. Argentina needs him in Davis Cup! Vamos Juan. So, did Estudiantes win?

Good luck to Pico Monaco, Juan Chela, Gaston Gaudio, Machi Gonzalez, Edu Schwank, Fabio Fognini, Roger Federer, Marco Chiudinelli, Rafa Nadal, Juan-Carlos Ferrero, Fernando Verdasco, Tommy Robredo, David Ferrer and Marc Lopez

Vamos ARG DC team!!! 2011 is the year to win the title!!!! Vamos!!!
Corina2605 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:59 AM   #44

FF I live in Perth and although there are a few South Americans, sadly no Argies. I think they all hang out in Fitzroy which as you know is a suburb of Melbourne.

Aquariangirl
Old 06-26-2009, 11:47 PM   #45
country flag Aniitaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corina2605 View Post
I am very glad and relieved to hear that Pico is ok. Argentina needs him in Davis Cup! Vamos Juan. So, did Estudiantes win?
Yeess!! 1.0 in the first match! now the have to play in Nacional's field i guess next week but i'm not sure about it... anyway they have a feet in the final =)