•°o*Wisdom is a Woman, and Loves only a Warrior/ the Castle, vol.5 - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 06:55 PM   #61
country flag Pfloyd

Pfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: •°o*Wisdom is a Woman, and Loves only a Warrior/ the Castle, vol.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
affirmative. commander jose where the hell have you been. you missed all the fun. check the last 10-15 pages of our castle thread vol. 4. they may in the process of shutting it down.

general miura was at the top of his game today but he usually is.

we also have shankar in the castle today. he is a big fan of the clay monster. and Manuel is around also.

the mack attack is back also. he had been working out in the gym somewhere.
Are you religious?
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2009, 06:57 PM   #62
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTheKnife View Post
Yep, 3 for 3 today. Tursy had a scare, but got a squeaker 6-4 in the 3rd. I guess Ferrer plays tomorrow ??
Also had cash on Schuttler and Zverev, guess they play tomorrow too, thought they were all today. Been kinda out of touch.

Can't believe we're on the new thread already. Awesome time in the CASTLE..

well done with the v action. i also managed to get a few right for a change.

i really should have put some big v cash on Santoro. didnt realize that Kendrick is such a clown. thought he might come through with his rocket serve on grass.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-15-2009, 06:58 PM   #63
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfloyd View Post
Are you religious?
if you are talking to me, the answer would have to be yes.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-15-2009, 07:01 PM   #64
country flag MacTheKnife
10S NE1

MacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
well done with the v action. i also managed to get a few right for a change.

i really should have put some big v cash on Santoro. didnt realize that Kendrick is such a clown. thought he might come through with his rocket serve on grass.
Wow, me too, I was nervous about that one too. I ended up 5 for 5 today and had cash on Zverev, but saw it was Abandoned. What happened ?? Can't find anything on the web site yet, but still looking. Just had to restart to install some new software..
Old 06-15-2009, 07:02 PM   #65
country flag Pfloyd

Pfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
if you are talking to me, the answer would have to be yes.
Oh cool. Are you a christian or a hindu or something else?
Old 06-15-2009, 07:03 PM   #66
country flag Harmless

Harmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityfed View Post
I'm fine thanks for asking.

Both actually, I still smile thinking about that sunday. At the same time I keep having these nightmare thoughts about a rusty Federer losing to a guy ranked 298 in the world in the first round of Wimbledon. I'm nervous as hell about his prospects.

You?
I still haven't wrapped my brain around the "official GOAT" thing.
Luckily, there's always Gilles and his amazing Rd1 losses to keep me frustrated and with my fangirl feet firm on the ground.

I'm starting to feel a little nervous about Wimbledon already, it seams to me he might be a little too high on the FO coming into it...
Also, I feel a little bad for ROB. I don't know how right I am(hopefully not), but I just feel that this year's AO was his career's high-point and there's nowhere else but down from there. Poor thing, imagine having chronic pains at the age of 23.

Quote:
Thread title. Interesting though
It's from Also Sprach Zarathustra, part III.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habibko View Post
it's my pleasure, you know how to find me whenever you have time
Thanks.

Quote:
will make sure to check this one out, thanks Maya

if you like this genre of music you might as well love some Uzbek songs as well, they don't sound much different
I think I would, yes, I LOVE traditional near eastern music, a lot!
The older and more stripped down to basics, the better. Also I am a huge fan of near eastern styles of dance, and they go together, so it makes for a wonderful fusion of senses, I love the approach to music they have in that part of the world.

I'll be off now, so let me do a short Muller picspam, since I'm on topic...

This is how bad things are with getting a decent Muller pic. If I had a close-up of that, it would have been a beautiful pic.(Gilles on the left, opposite Nishikori)

Crosscourt.

This is to show how mean and intimidating he can look.
I have it saved under but I love him anyway.

Hugz(w/ Mucho)

And this is meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeow7.

Hopefully I'll see more of that.
Harmless is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-15-2009, 07:03 PM   #67
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

I read Also Sprach Zarathustra in German. Very interesting book.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-15-2009, 07:03 PM   #68
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Hey folks, yeah CD I couldn't believe I had so much to catch up to! Was away for some hours at a friend's and the Castle went on FIRE. Excellent.

Glen I had a perfect day with vcash too! Superb results. Santoro you great Magician!

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Old 06-15-2009, 07:09 PM   #69
country flag MacTheKnife
10S NE1

MacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
Hey folks, yeah CD I couldn't believe I had so much to catch up to! Was away for some hours at a friend's and the Castle went on FIRE. Excellent.

Glen I had a perfect day with vcash too! Superb results. Santoro you great Magician!
CONGRATULATIONS !! Good bet on Santoro, I knew I should have bet on him..

Do you know what happened in the Zverev match. It shows on vcash as abandoned, but I can't find anything about it on the wedsite, and their "live" scoreboard doesn't even show all the matches on the Today's Results tab. Has to be the worst updated site ever.
Draw sheet is way behind too.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:14 PM   #70
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Would not like to give a dull answer, but I guess I have to:

I've always admired tennis, and I've played it since a young age (though I suck at it, Blaze-2004 can confirm that).

One day my uncle told me to turn on ESPN and it was Nadal vs Federer the Miami final, after watching that I became a Nadal follower.

Since then I've learned to like many players including Blake, Hewitt, Tsonga, Youhnzy and many others.

I never understood why liking Federer or Nadal automatically makes you "hate" the other in this site. It's not like they are teams, they are just players.

I certainly admire Federer's record, but I think Nadal is more fun to watch. Why the success of one player ought to bother me, I don't know.

Anyway, enough about me, which are your favorite players?
Nice. I do secretly enjoy Nadal's matches every now and again too. Not a big fan of his game, but the intensity and competitiveness he brings to court is enough to keep it exciting for me.

I have loads of faves, but Fed first and foremost. He was my first tennis love as it were, and the first full match I saw of him was his loss against Timmy Henman in Wimby 01. I had seen those last 2 sets of the Sampras match before that and I was rooting for Fed as my brother was all for Pete, and you know how it goes with sibling rivalry. / Wasn't a big tennis fan back then though, only watched slams as that was the only thing shown on TV back in Sweden (where I was born and raised up).

I have a thing for all Swiss guys it seems, it does help that all have beautiful single handers: Wawrinka and Marco Chiudinelli.

Massive fan of Gasquet (), Mario Ancic (), Jeremy Chardy, Nalbandian (), Marcos Baghdatis, Tsonga, PHM, Santoro (), Pico (on clay only ). I have a soft spot for Blake as well, I don't know why. And I genuinely am a fan of Alex Bogdanovic.

OK I'll stop there before this turns into an essay, but this is by no means my complete list.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:16 PM   #71
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTheKnife View Post
CONGRATULATIONS !! Good bet on Santoro, I knew I should have bet on him..

Do you know what happened in the Zverev match. It shows on vcash as abandoned, but I can't find anything about it on the wedsite, and their "live" scoreboard doesn't even show all the matches on the Today's Results tab. Has to be the worst updated site ever.
Draw sheet is way behind too.
No idea. Just came online...

Quote:
Nice. I do secretly enjoy Nadal's matches every now and again too. Not a big fan of his game, but the intensity and competitiveness he brings to court is enough to keep it exciting for me.

I have loads of faves, but Fed first and foremost. He was my first tennis love as it were, and the first full match I saw of him was his loss against Timmy Henman in Wimby 01. I had seen those last 2 sets of the Sampras match before that and I was rooting for Fed as my brother was all for Pete, and you know how it goes with sibling rivalry. / Wasn't a big tennis fan back then though, only watched slams as that was the only thing shown on TV back in Sweden (where I was born and raised up).

I have a thing for all Swiss guys it seems, it does help that all have beautiful single handers: Wawrinka and Marco Chiudinelli.

Massive fan of Gasquet (), Mario Ancic (), Jeremy Chardy, Nalbandian (), Marcos Baghdatis, Tsonga, PHM, Santoro (), Pico (on clay only ). I have a soft spot for Blake as well, I don't know why. And I genuinely am a fan of Alex Bogdanovic.

OK I'll stop there before this turns into an essay, but this is by no means my complete list.
No Stan?

Old 06-15-2009, 07:21 PM   #72
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

Stan was the second name in the list Jose, read it again.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:22 PM   #73
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Stan was the second name in the list Jose, read it again.
Sorry... well you can't blame me for not reading all your cr... posts right?

Old 06-15-2009, 07:28 PM   #74
country flag Dini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
Sorry... well you can't blame me for not reading all your cr... posts right?

Show us your list then. I won't believe any of the "I'm a neutral tennis viewer" stuff, btw.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:34 PM   #75
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

I leave for an hour and come back to find Muller picspam Who on earth can have been responsible for that

Hi Pfloyd and welcome to The Castle

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread