•°o*Wisdom is a Woman, and Loves only a Warrior/ the Castle, vol.5 - Page 17 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 11:34 PM   #241
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: •°o*Wisdom is a Woman, and Loves only a Warrior/ the Castle, vol.5

she did say this though which is true

Quote:
Nalbandian, who is known as King David in his native Argentina and is a strike-first player who can beat anybody when he's in the mood, which he isn't all that much.
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2009, 11:35 PM   #242
country flag icedevil0289

icedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsFedex View Post
it's so awesome to check the differences in venues and crowds, I like the german crowd a lot, been to Hamburg and Stuttgart several times, sadly there's no big tournament on Germany any longer

I dislike the french crowd in both RG and the BNP Paribas Masters, they are really rude and loud and obnoxious

the Wimbledon crowd is more mixed, less tardish but a bit boring sometimes

the USO crowd is different whether is day or night: day crowd is the usual retired/tourist/fan based one, very respectful and knowing, night crowd is more rowdy and basketball-like, people swear and drink there
uh oh, perhaps I should be careful. I've always wanted to go to a night match. Actually I have always wanted to go to any match period.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:37 PM   #243
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
something about lengths and cleavages and ragged breathing?

and Nalby might be blonde and blue eyed but is nowhere near handsome

the whole "messianic blue eyes" made me remember the crappiest ad I've ever seen a player on (even if the Nole supermarket and Misha Chupa Chups are quite close )

Tori: did you go when a french or spanish player was on? , the tardism/rude levels shot up big big time, I remember a Grosjean match back in 2001, the crowd was , even Seb looked embarrassed

Yes, they were doing the whole cheering the French flag and booing the Spanish flag but it was actually tongue in cheek. Maybe I went the only time there was a decent crowd.

That advert is epic but what the heck is it for?
Old 06-15-2009, 11:39 PM   #244
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

Well he does have beautiful eyes.

Nalby on his day can blow anyone off the court; no exceptions. That's very true.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:40 PM   #245
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudygirl View Post
Yes, they were doing the whole cheering the French flag and booing the Spanish flag but it was actually tongue in cheek. Maybe I went the only time there was a decent crowd.

That advert is epic but what the heck is it for?
French crowd hates Spanish players, that's a fact

it is for an analgesic called Tafirol and it is supposed to show the fight between pain and King David

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-15-2009, 11:41 PM   #246

icedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond repute

Okay this is not as funny as the nole/fed one, but with the recent murray hype, I thought it was appropriate.

Old 06-15-2009, 11:41 PM   #247
country flag MacTheKnife
10S NE1

MacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedevil0289 View Post
uh oh, perhaps I should be careful. I've always wanted to go to a night match. Actually I have always wanted to go to any match period.
Usha, You and I had this discussion. As close as you live, go... I'm different from Nat, I've been to all three too, but to me, there is nothing like a night match at the USO.
Like I said before, just make sure you go to at least one night match, then for the final weekend. You are right there anyway. You could take the train over one day at a time. Trust me on this, YOU WILL LOVE IT !!!
Old 06-15-2009, 11:43 PM   #248
country flag Cloudygirl

Quote:
French crowd hates Spanish players, that's a fact

it is for an analgesic called Tafirol and it is supposed to show the fight between pain and King David
There was a bigger crowd for Rafa than any of the French players. (ok didn't stop em booing him for retiring, but he did get the biggest crowd).
Old 06-15-2009, 11:44 PM   #249

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTheKnife View Post
Usha, You and I had this discussion. As close as you live, go... I'm different from Nat, I've been to all three two, but to me, there is nothing like a night match at the USO.
Like I said before, just make sure you go to oat least one night match, then for the final weekend. You are right there anyway. You could take the train over one day at a time. Trust me on this, YOU WILL LOVE IT !!!
I know. I feel like I would love the night matches. It must be really exhilarating. I'm going to try to go this year. My goal is one night match, no matter who plays, one semifinal, and the final.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:47 PM   #250
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

don't get me wrong, I like the night crowd, it's just different from the day crowd, who's more like Wimbledon's

Tori: of course Rafa gets a lot of crowd, but that doesn't mean they actually like or support him, they just go for the tennis no matter what player is on, and if a spanish one appears, well, booing for him

same thing at the Bois de Boulogne, usually spanish players do very well in there, but that doesn't mean they like them

Old 06-15-2009, 11:52 PM   #251
country flag MacTheKnife
10S NE1

MacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedevil0289 View Post
I know. I feel like I would love the night matches. It must be really exhilarating. I'm going to try to go this year. My goal is one night match, no matter who plays, one semifinal, and the final.
Trust me just go...

Quote:
don't get me wrong, I like the night crowd, it's just different from the day crowd, who's more like Wimbledon's
Oh, I know. You know one of the matches that I was going to go to and missed because of a death in my family, was the 01 Sampras/Agassi quarter final. OMG, I still can't believe I missed that one. I have it on DVD, and when those guys go into that 4th set tiebreaker after having already played 3 TBs, and that crowd gives them like that 5 minute standing ovation, I get chills every time I watch it. What a moment.

And you're right about the days. It's kind of laid back, specially when you consider it's NY.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:56 PM   #252
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

yeah, the day crowd doesn't feel like it is in NY!
the night crowd actually could belong in any other sport, basketball or football or whatever, they are not rude but boy they are noisy, it's a great atmosphere though, lots of energy

I have to say though that my all time favorite crowd has always been the Hamburg one, very respectful and nice, lots of people coming from everywhere, lots of energy and it has always been a great tournament, sadly TMS Tiriac screwed everything up

Old 06-15-2009, 11:59 PM   #253
country flag Cloudygirl

What I hate about tennis in the UK is all the toffs that come to network. I know someone who had wimbledon semis tickets last year and could have seen Rafa and spent most of it drinking pimms and networking. I would actually have killed him for those tickets
Old 06-16-2009, 12:04 AM   #254
country flag MacTheKnife
10S NE1

Well that really goes on at all of them. Many just go there to be cool and do just that, network. There's a lot of corporate crap too that eats up TONS of tickets. I'd just guess that less than 20% of the people at a major are even close to the kind of fanatic tennis fans we are. It may even be less than that.

Well I'm gonna take a break, get some dinner, and try to figure out who to bet tomorrow..
Old 06-16-2009, 12:17 AM   #255

I guess no one liked the little comic thing I posted. Haha

Last edited by icedevil0289 : 06-16-2009 at 12:45 AM.
icedevil0289 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread