•°o*Wisdom is a Woman, and Loves only a Warrior/ the Castle, vol.5 - Page 16 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 11:04 PM   #226
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: •°o*Wisdom is a Woman, and Loves only a Warrior/ the Castle, vol.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudygirl View Post
I'm good. I'm Tori btw
Good to see you around the castle Tori Always great to see new warriors joining.

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 7 semi-finals, 7 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 17 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $32,454,018 (5th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 471-148...
TITLES: 30 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2009, 11:05 PM   #227
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedevil0289 View Post
Haha. Sorry about that. I know it was it was in the castle though. Anyways, what's going on?
I'm pretty sure it was in the richie chat thread, and Dani *bgt* was the one who mentioned it, if memory serves me correctly.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:06 PM   #228
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTheKnife View Post
Awesome stuff Jose. Has this sport come a long way or what. Bookmarked that baby !!

Your entire perception of the sport will change when you see these guys live. TV does this sport no justice.
Until last year I hadn't seen a live match since 94 and I was amazed (unless my memory is just distorted) at how much harder the ball is hit now. Also the amount of spin that is put on it (by most players not just people like Nadal) is amazing. You just don't see that on the tv. I also didn't realise the athleticism involved. Can't beat live tennis.

I'm not a player of tennis. I used to play badminton a lot when I lived up north but now I just go to the gym and run. I do like playing badminton more than tennis though. I find tennis frustrating I just can't make the ball do what I want it to.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:13 PM   #229
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

I'm thinking of changing my username.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:15 PM   #230
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

why Nad?

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-15-2009, 11:17 PM   #231
country flag Dini

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsFedex View Post
why Nad?
Dunno. I like to change every now and again.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:18 PM   #232
country flag MacTheKnife
10S NE1

MacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Until last year I hadn't seen a live match since 94 and I was amazed (unless my memory is just distorted) at how much harder the ball is hit now. Also the amount of spin that is put on it (by most players not just people like Nadal) is amazing. You just don't see that on the tv. I also didn't realise the athleticism involved. Can't beat live tennis.

I'm not a player of tennis. I used to play badminton a lot when I lived up north but now I just go to the gym and run. I do like playing badminton more than tennis though. I find tennis frustrating I just can't make the ball do what I want it to.
Isn't it awesome. I've been very fortunate in my life and had opportunities to be involved in big time tournaments all my life. There is nothing like seeing it in person. The real beauty of this sport is anybody can play as long as someone close to their level is on the other side of the net.
As for making the ball do what you want it to, no one can all the time. That's the challenge, just increase the number of times you do. In the beginning, it only takes a good shot or two to keep you coming back.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:21 PM   #233
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

Tennis live is the best thing, the only GS I've never been to is the Australian Open, but thankfully I've gotten the opportunity to go to the other three and it's an amazing experience, now I'm slowly starting to take my kids to tennis events

heck, I LOVE live sports, whether is pelota vasca, soccer, handball, you name it and I'm there, my husband once told me that if I got the opportunity to go and watch live the third division of the Vietnamite handball league, I would!!!

Old 06-15-2009, 11:24 PM   #234
country flag MacTheKnife
10S NE1

MacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond reputeMacTheKnife has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Tennis live is the best thing, the only GS I've never been to is the Australian Open, but thankfully I've gotten the opportunity to go to the other three and it's an amazing experience, now I'm slowly starting to take my kids to tennis events

heck, I LOVE live sports, whether is pelota vasca, soccer, handball, you name it and I'm there, my husband once told me that if I got the opportunity to go and watch live the third division of the Vietnamite handball league, I would!!!
Me too Nat, 24 hours on an airplane just isn't happening for me !!! NO WAY !!
Old 06-15-2009, 11:24 PM   #235
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009...adal-interview

has anyone else read this article, it had me

Quote:
Physically, the players are opposites: Nadal's golden-umber skin, deep-set inky eyes and prominent cheekbones evoke 19th-century paintings of Mayan chiefs; Nalbandian's blond ponytail, long stubble and messianic blue eyes recall a pirate on an extended binge.
Quote:
Nalbandian saunters over to Nadal, his insistent machismo lending the meeting of the two camps the air of the Jets confronting the Sharks, but with high fives all round. Nadal is friendly and polite, but he's subdued, probably because of his history with Nalbandian, who is known as King David in his native Argentina and is a strike-first player who can beat anybody when he's in the mood, which he isn't all that much.

Does this woman write Mills and Boon in her spare time or something.

Last edited by Cloudygirl : 06-15-2009 at 11:38 PM.
Cloudygirl is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-15-2009, 11:25 PM   #236
country flag MacTheKnife
10S NE1

Vcash bets are up for tomorrow. Some tough ones. I just checked my stats and I'm 15-1 in the last 16 bets. Looking at tomorrows match ups, I have a feeling that will change soon..
Old 06-15-2009, 11:28 PM   #237
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

it's so awesome to check the differences in venues and crowds, I like the german crowd a lot, been to Hamburg and Stuttgart several times, sadly there's no big tournament on Germany any longer

I dislike the french crowd in both RG and the BNP Paribas Masters, they are really rude and loud and obnoxious

the Wimbledon crowd is more mixed, less tardish but a bit boring sometimes

the USO crowd is different whether is day or night: day crowd is the usual retired/tourist/fan based one, very respectful and knowing, night crowd is more rowdy and basketball-like, people swear and drink there

Old 06-15-2009, 11:30 PM   #238
country flag icedevil0289

icedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityfed View Post
I'm pretty sure it was in the richie chat thread, and Dani *bgt* was the one who mentioned it, if memory serves me correctly.
Haha, thanks nadine. I'm 99.9% sure it was in the castle thread. I think BGT or Dani popped by one time.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:30 PM   #239
country flag Cloudygirl

Quote:
it's so awesome to check the differences in venues and crowds, I like the german crowd a lot, been to Hamburg and Stuttgart several times, sadly there's no big tournament on Germany any longer

I dislike the french crowd in both RG and the BNP Paribas Masters, they are really rude and loud and obnoxious

the Wimbledon crowd is more mixed, less tardish but a bit boring sometimes

the USO crowd is different whether is day or night: day crowd is the usual retired/tourist/fan based one, very respectful and knowing, night crowd is more rowdy and basketball-like, people swear and drink there
Bercy is weird. When I've watched it on tv I've always found the crowd really really rude but when I was there I didn't notice it at all. I would love to go to the Aussie open the crowd there looks great fun.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:32 PM   #240
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Quote:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009...adal-interview

has anyone else read this article, it had me

Does this woman write Mills and Boon in her spare time or something.
something about lengths and cleavages and ragged breathing?

and Nalby might be blonde and blue eyed but is nowhere near handsome

the whole "messianic blue eyes" made me remember the crappiest ad I've ever seen a player on (even if the Nole supermarket and Misha Chupa Chups are quite close )

Tori: did you go when a french or spanish player was on? , the tardism/rude levels shot up big big time, I remember a Grosjean match back in 2001, the crowd was , even Seb looked embarrassed

Closed Thread