•<• Grasscourt Season 2009 •>• - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-09-2009, 08:37 PM   #16
country flag PinkFeatherBoa

PinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: •<• Grasscourt Season 2009 •>•

You're welcome. Pics are coming soon, I promise. They're not exciting but he looks great!

Don't get me started on Gulbis' form lately.

Maybe the sky will fall?
Allez Gasquet~Mathieu~Wawrinka~Mannarino~+++
PinkFeatherBoa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2009, 10:45 PM   #17
country flag tufani
Welcome back Paulo

tufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the report, Jenny!

The news about Paulo's FH and serve sound pretty good. As for his net game... I wonder why Paulo doesn't play doubles here

His match against Ferrero is scheduled third on Court 1 (so probably no livestream ).

Allez Les Bleus
tufani is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:45 PM   #18
country flag JBdV

JBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkFeatherBoa View Post
Just a quick update, was at Paulo's match yesterday. I'm generally happy about his form at the moment, other than the game where he got broken in the 1st set which was quite inexplicable brain freeze with a couple of dumped FH's into the net, he played at a good level. His BH DTL was on fire and his FH was also consistent. Of course Pavel is not the player he was, he doesn't move so well and that meant Paulo could control the rallys better, but Pavel's BH is still really effective and kept him in the match. Paulo also served very well and I think he had 1 volley winner (maybe more ) as well.

I wasn't made uneasy/nervous at any point of the result, which is always a good sign. I really think he can have a good run here.

Some other observations:

- Paulo getting almost hit in the head by Pavel's volley and having to do an emergency duck (unfortunately I don't have footage of this to share ). This is why Paulo is really not just a sitting duck at net, he also is in some danger there.

- Paulo had quite a few loyal supporterswatching the match and cheering for him, I sat next to a few French people who had come to cheer for him. It was fun to not be his lone supporter at Queens for once and he really appreciated the support too, he waved at the end of the match to us (we were on the front row- opposite to the chairs- court 2 only has seats on this side), he never normally waves after matches. So that was nice. I missed his warmup though, so I haven't had a chance to speak with him yet. Hope to go back and see him tomorrow.
Thanks a lot for the report Good luck against JCF, Paulo.
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

Tennis Tipping 2009 Results:
Singles: Cherbourg CH W
Doubles: ...
JBdV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:50 AM   #19

PinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond repute

OK, if I can manage to hook into the Transport wifi from Court 1, I will update during Paulo's match on my Twitter.

www.twitter.com/pfboa

Maybe the sky will fall?
Old 06-10-2009, 06:22 PM   #20
country flag tufani
Welcome back Paulo

tufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond repute

Hoped for some turnaround to come when Paulo managed to rebreak in the second set...

Allez Les Bleus
Old 06-13-2009, 04:15 PM   #21
country flag tufani
Welcome back Paulo

The Eastbourne draw is out:

[8] GARCIA-LOPEZ, Guillermo ESP vs KOROLEV, Evgeny RUS
[WC] FLEMING, Colin GBR vs LU, Yen-Hsun TPE
QUALIFIER vs GABASHVILI, Teimuraz RUS
TIPSAREVIC, Janko SRB vs [3] MATHIEU, Paul-Henri FRA

[6] QUERREY, Sam USA vs CAPDEVILLE, Paul CHI
ISTOMIN, Denis UZB vs KIM, Kevin USA
QUALIFIER vs MINAR, Ivo CZE
FOGNINI, Fabio ITA vs [2] TURSUNOV, Dmitry RUS

Allez Les Bleus
Old 06-14-2009, 04:48 PM   #22
country flag tufani
Welcome back Paulo

Lost to Tipsarevic (I didn't even know that he was scheduled to play today )
Seems like a bad serving day, just look at the amount of BPs on Paulo's serve!

Allez Les Bleus
Old 06-14-2009, 06:38 PM   #23

Ouch Paulo.

Oh well, Eastbourne is a place for old and retired people anyway, he just wanted to save me the trip there.

Saving it up for the Big W, of course.

Maybe the sky will fall?
Old 06-15-2009, 08:03 AM   #24
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

His hip was bothering him again according to L'Equipe, he says he hadn't taken enough anti-inflammatories before the match and the pain was quite heavy.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:52 PM   #25

Oh no, not the hip again. :worried: Really hope it will be better for Wimbledon.

Thanks for the info, Fran.

Maybe the sky will fall?
Old 06-19-2009, 11:11 AM   #26

Wimbledon draw out (his rnd of 32 section):

Nikolay Davydenko RUS (12) v Daniel Evans GBR
Victor Crivoi ROU v Bjorn Phau GER
Frederico Gil POR v Paul-Henri Mathieu FRA
Alex Bogdanovic GBR v Tomas Berdych CZE (20)

Maybe the sky will fall?
Old 06-22-2009, 08:01 PM   #27
country flag tufani
Welcome back Paulo

Paulo's match is second tomorrow on Court 15 (after the WTA, which starts at noon). Hopefully, his hip isn't bothering him (thanks for the info, Fran!)! Good luck, Paulo!

Allez Les Bleus
Old 06-23-2009, 03:30 AM   #28
country flag Naina

Naina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond repute

Does court 15 have a camera???
Naina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:21 AM   #29

No camera.

I wish I was at Wimbledon to watch Paulo, he better win so I can see him on Thursday. Good luck Paulo!

Maybe the sky will fall?
Old 06-23-2009, 11:26 AM   #30
country flag Ome

Ome has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond repute

Ohh, good luck, Paulo!!!

Wonder if I can keep my eyes open until his match starts